Villa Market Ari

gymshark

It's laid out more like a real supermarket. It doesn't get as much traffic as the one near Suk Soi 33 so some specialty items might not be so plentiful or stocked. Was there some time ago when it first opened so maybe it's gotten better. But Sabroso Mexican Taqueria had a stand there. Yum.

Thanks, I decided to go this afternoon, nice little complex and the market was great, got everything I wanted and without the hassle of going to bloody sukhumvit. All in all a pleasant experience (why is that such a novelty)? Might be an area to move to if they have any decent condo's in that area.

Yeh i live in the Ari area and go there regularly. Everytime I go I swear that I only need 2/3 items but always end up spending 500฿ plus :o

My Mrs nearly shit, I came out 5000 Bht light, mind you I was buying stuff like wine and port too, bloody good shop.

As my hero says....."I'll be back".

Not wanting to be bad, but check the dates behind the date sticker in villa.

'the sticker behing the sticker ' !

Was it from Dr Seuss

Green ham and eggs ?

Or

Green eggs and ham ?

Anyway one was green….

two days ago went to Lotus in pinklaow, been there about 10 times, this time was appalling with selection of fresh food, going down the hills.

lately i find BC in sapankwai good with selection

Not wanting to be bad, but check the dates behind the date sticker in villa.

'the sticker behing the sticker ' !

Was it from Dr Seuss

Green ham and eggs ?

Or

Green eggs and ham ?

Anyway one was green….

Checking behind the sticker is necessary for all the Villa markets, I'm afraid. Also, thinking about where the sell by date should be is important. I once got some English muffins that were green like your eggs. Upon inspecting the package, part of the tab that seals the bag shut had been cut off-- where the date had been. Even some Bisquick mix I bought there had gone bad (how? I don't know, but it was really bad.) I only shop there for a few more exotic items here and it takes forever because all the packages need to be checked thoroughly.

I do like Ari more because it does seem cleaner than the Suk 33 branch of Villa and its aisles are not as claustrophobic.