Best Town Bike

2long

I'm about to start a (poll) thread about 'best bike in town.'

One or two of my past polls have been criticised/boycotted due to "not enough options" "too amigiuous" "my choice wasn't there" etc.

On this thread, please list any bike type/model that i haven't mentioned below. Mainstream bikes only, please.

Nouvo, Mio, Click, Airblade, Wave, Sonic, Raider, GTO, Dasg, NSR150, CBR 150, Nice, Smash, Spark, KSR, Choppery things

Depending on the poll settings, I may well have to group some together or omit some bikes.

Thanks for your help.

Honda Dream. Kawasaki and Suzuki have the Hayate or Katana or Karate, the Kraze or the Krash or the Kamikaze.

I forget if the maximum number of choices is ten or twenty. More than one question becomes a messy poll.

Maybe you should include the Gustabilius Rhomboid, or the new Platinum Jungle....I am kidding.

Add the Phantom instead of including it under "choppery things". Having owned and sold innumerable motorcycles I consider this one of my favorites of all time. It does everything asked of it and more.

Considering the new available bike in Thailand, I cannot understand why somebody would consider a Honda Phantom (I like to call them Fat-thumb, as they weight is huge and power nothing compared to a Honda CBR-150, or even a Honda Wave 100cc at the traffic light).

Motorcycles like the new allround "morard" style Kawasaki D-Tracker 250, the motard style bike from Kawasaki proved themselves in other major cities around the world and I belief after riding a few competitive motorcycle models from different manufacturers. There is nothing better to ride cities in Thailand, then the Kawasaki D-tracker 250 fast cornering, good controls, and really sensible pricing.

Last weekend me and my g/f did a race, just for fun... She was riding a Kawasaki D-tracker and my my Ducati 1098S, people knowing both bikes will start laughing, how one of the fastest 1 liter bikes can be compared to a moderated powered 250cc.

The "race" was from our home at Rama 2 to Chakuckak market, which brings us around town or straight trough town.

Knowing the little devil from Kawasaki I need to win on speed and surly not on movability, so I selected the outer ring road to get as close to the weekend market as I can. The g/f did not bother and went directly down town challenging all traffic, as professional motorcycle rider, she was able to be about 10 minutes earlier at Chakuchak then me. And I pushed my bike to relative unsafe limits on the outer ring road. (250km/h plus compared that my g/f did not excited 120km/h).

Comparing the new (for Thailand) Kawasaki D-tracker 250 to any motorcycle currently available in Thailand (officially) it has no competition, it is powerful, highly capable (the best) to handle Bangkok traffic.

Kawasaki D-tracker 250 Thailand

Edited by Richard-BKK

as professional motorcycle rider, she was able to be about 10 minutes earlier

Does she ride mx aswell?

The D tracker is the only locally produced model like that so it has that market sown up.

But I'd pick a

Suzuki DRZ400 of which there aren't to many, more grunt, better suspension, brakes, not much heavier.

I've ridden both.

But for shorter journeys (less than 10ks say) any nimble light scooter is better. imo

HONDA XR 250! And definitely...

High (you have a good sight on the traffic), light (easy to corner), slim (you can ride between cars) and "powerful enough" at the green light...

I own too a HONDA CB1 400, but no matter, not so easy to "manage" in the traffic...

OK, say same-same (but different!) for all trailers SUZUKAWAYAHM.

DRZ 400 not so "easy" IMO...

Cheers