Bbq Party Friendship Beach, Phuket, 12 July 2008

george

Fantastic!!

My work place is next to the venue at Evason Phuket & Six Senses Spa - Rawai Beach.

Quick, you best to get in 8 more posts before midnight tonight.

awwwww....the deadline has come and gone. :o

As has mine not getting invite until today, but how on earth do you have time to make 11+ posts a day???? Do you ever take a holiday?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sounds like its gonna be a fun night. i love friendship beach, and i wish i was there to see the ever so handsome Mr Buck Wheat again. well i will be there in spirit for sure. enjoy everyone. and have one or three for me!

Sounds like it'll be a good night, but why the post-count for admission?

Many people sign up to a forum and read but don't post much because the topics under discussion have been answered already or they just like to quietly read. I think the Member# or Join Date would be a better metric to decide who can attend such a party. Just my humble opinion.

I did have the privilege of tasting Buckwheat's extraordinarily delicious ribs at the Green Man last time around though!

1) Only Thaivisa members with 10 or more posts prior to today, Thursday, 12 June 2008 will be permitted to attend. Anyone with less than 10 posts or those joining after today cannot be accomodated.

Too bad this policy rewards those who make ten 1-liner posts rather than those who prefer to have a substantial amount of something to say before they chime in.

Guess I won't be attending (even though I enjoyed the BBQ in Chiang Mai and have a condo in Phuket).

Hopefully I'll get a PM with an invite/waiver of the 10 post policy (but I won't bother the original poster with a PM about the issue or hold my breath. Maybe they'll read this response and contact me... but I think not; they must have thought about the 10 post rule being the defining issue... since it was the #1 rule.)

Active membership shouldn't be solely measured by Forum posts (in my opinion). I've taken part in a wide variety of projects relative to Thai Visa (evaluated web projects as varied as the Streaming Radio Content, Food Delivery, etc.). I regularly get notified by email of posts in threads & then visit to follow the ongoing discussions.

As of today (including this post) my total posts are: 7.

Group: Members

Member No.: 546

Edited by chopsticks

You are cordially invited to another Thaivisa BBQ party to be held at

Friendship Beach Waterfront Resort Phuket

Sponsored in part by;

phuket.gif

The festivities will begin at 7pm on Saturday, 12 July 2008 at The Friendship Beach Resort

All Thaivisa members plus 1 guest are cordially invited and

there are no signups required to attend

Only the following pre-requisites apply;

1) Only Thaivisa members with 10 or more posts prior to today, Thursday, 12 June 2008 will be permitted to attend. Anyone with less than 10 posts or those joining after today cannot be accomodated.

2) There will be laptop computers set up at the entrance and each member will simply need to log in successfully to Thaivisa. Upon successful log-in, a name tag will be issued on the spot and you are then free to meet and greet the "faces behind the avatars" as well as enjoy Buckwheat's famous BBQ ribs, salads and beer courtesy of Thaivisa.

3) Friendship Beach has generously offered significant discounts on their rooms at the actual party site.

The rooms must be booked by Thaivisa and cannot be booked individually.

Their normal rates can be found HERE

**Please contact Buckwheat via pm for room rate inquiries and bookings**

Due to space limitations and the anticipated number of attendees, children unfortunately are not permitted

We anticipate a large turnout so come out and meet your fellow members and enjoy free beer and food and

**Don't Forget Your Password**

Click on the address or here for a location map

post-13660-1213266860_thumb.jpg

Marvellous, I spend 6 months a year in Thailand and still never been there when you have a party :o

Sounds like it'll be a good night, but why the post-count for admission?

Many people sign up to a forum and read but don't post much because the topics under discussion have been answered already or they just like to quietly read. I think the Member# or Join Date would be a better metric to decide who can attend such a party. Just my humble opinion.

I did have the privilege of tasting Buckwheat's extraordinarily delicious ribs at the Green Man last time around though!

Please see This post

I sorta learned the hard way that these rules are in place for a reason. The bbq is free to all who show up, but alcohol is charged after a set time. It is to show appreciation to the users of Thaivisa.com.

For the last bbq, the rules were similar and there were complaints from newbies, but the rest of us had a great time.

So for the rest of us, hope to see you there!

I hope to make it to this one, having been ill the night of the one at the Green Man last year. (I've lived in Chalong for more than two years and still haven't been to either the Green Man or Friendship Beach!!) And, thanks for making it the week BEFORE the long Buddhist weekend as I'm planning a return to Koh Yao Noi during that holiday...

Fantastic!!

My work place is next to the venue at Evason Phuket & Six Senses Spa - Rawai Beach.

I am even closer but missing out on no. of posts as I only received the invite today :o Hope you made up the no. to qualify yesterday??

Mike

i also only got this today? whats the point its way too late?

Mrs Sadman and I are keen to come along, as we land in Phuket on 11th. I didn't shout up before as I wasn't sure of our movements in BKK beforehand. Are we too late?

Sorry, if we are allowed to come, we'll be coming from Cherngtalay, so if anyone from the north of the island wants to share a lift, just holler.

Edited by sadman

Mrs Sadman and I are keen to come along, as we land in Phuket on 11th. I didn't shout up before as I wasn't sure of our movements in BKK beforehand. Are we too late?

Sorry, if we are allowed to come, we'll be coming from Cherngtalay, so if anyone from the north of the island wants to share a lift, just holler.

I think LeungKen is looking for a share from the north - suggest you PM him.

I think LeungKen is looking for a share from the north - suggest you PM him.

I'm even further north so not really of any use - but thanks for thinking of me Ping. :o