Mcdonalds Or Burger King

Boater

In America, Burger King uses much better beef, but the prices are very similar, so I prefer Burger King. However, in Thailand, both companies use the same crummy, cheap beef, Burger King charges extra - a lot extra - for cheese and a set meal at Burger King is almost twice the price of McDonalds. :o

I much prefer McDonalds in Thailand.

Every time i read things like this i am amazed. How can anybody call this stuff food?? To me and most others around me it is something you eat to give in to a grease craving, but food is something tottaly different.

Every time i read things like this i am amazed. How can anybody call this stuff food?? To me and most others around me it is something you eat to give in to a grease craving, but food is something tottaly different.

These high class folks are usually the same "gourmets" who love meat pies and bangers and mash. :o

I find it hard to compare because the Burger King burgers are much larger than the microscopic Macdonalds burgers here. So Burger King is more of a meal. But I am sure their ketchup has way more vinegar, so it is hard to finish their fries. I guess macdonalds fries and a whopper would be a good match. or maybe I should just bring my own ketchup to Burger King.

I am aware it is not haute cuisine (foodism is rampant on this forum) but sometimes it's what I want. I also miss Cheez Whiz, and I know there is no way you can call that food.

In Hua Hin McDonald's wins no contest. They have comfortable modern furniture, they are located in a minimall with parking and cappucinos and Asia Book store and Subway. My three year old loves to go there and run around. McDonald's is better experience in all categories except maybe for the food and if you are going to Mickey D's or BK for the food, well, you are hopeless!

I find it hard to compare because the Burger King burgers are much larger than the microscopic Macdonalds burgers here. So Burger King is more of a meal.

I think that a Big Mac is the same size as a Whopper, but you can get a double Big Mac for only 20 baht more and you will be full for sure.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Its not food just a snack, but i personally hate the stuff. How many thais will be eating that shiiiit and finish fat as many farangs who use this establishment.

I haven't eaten at BK or McD since arriving in Thailand and I don't plan to. I don't really like their burger meat, and I don't want to pay high prices for a bun, condiments and french fries. If I want a burger and fries, I make them myself, and, if I find a restaurant that has good beef, I will order a burger there.

BK and McD are not that popular with the Thais. KFC is their undoing. I see the children of affluent Thais, eating at the KFC's in the malls every day. With a diet of crisps, KFC and sugar-laden drinks, it is not surprising that over 15% of the children at the school, at which I teach, are obese.

Hadn't had a McD for over 10 years and stopped in central in BKK and tried their cheesburger deluxe. The meat paddy was thinner than the cheese slice. I don't think they are fit for a dog, can't immagine how they stay in buiness.

Burger King 10 to 1 over McD. And that is being very generious to McD. :o:D

I don't consider either McD or BK's fare food either, but I go for the taste. BK about once a year. McD (Big Mac) once every four years. That may change if our little Isaan town is someday "blessed" with the fruits of American capitalism... :o

While I prefer Burger King (and I find it tastes no different than from when I lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico), I eat at McDonald's more often -- the location at Tesco-Lotus being closer to my home in Chalong -- perhaps once a month (on payday as that's usually the only time we get out to Tesco). Again, I don't think it tastes any different -- I usually order the 30-baht cheeseburgers at Mickey D's or the Whopper at BK. These are the ONLY burgers I've found in Thailand where the taste is consistent. I also like the burgers at Mike's near the Chalong Circle and the ones at Perfection Cafe near the Zoo are pretty good as well...

I've had many more really BAD burgers throughout Thailand than good ones.

Which one do you prefer?

In order to maximise profits, companies often talk about "value adding".

Value Adding is achieved by many Fast Food chains, by producing hamburgers with a high fat content.

This eliminates waste disposal costs and improves the products marketability as fat makes hamburgers taste better.

I witnessed the manufacture of such hamburgers which were produced by mincing a hopper of fat chunks with a hopper of meat chunks.

It was explained that this ratio was essential to the flavor.

Unfortunately this high fat content is the most dangerous "trans" variety.

Before eating such fare, I highly recommend a personal tour of a hamburger mince processing plant.

In many cases, by eating such hamburgers you can exceed your daily fat intake in one meal.

It's so sad to see such western scourges infiltrating places like Thailand.

Fortunately poor people can't afford to eat such poison.

Edited by rockyysdt