Visa Application -- What Do I Put In These Fields?

Sorry to polute these boards with stupid questions, but I don't want to put something wrong on my app and get it rejected....

"Place to stay in Thailand"

I'm gonig to be backpacking around... i'm not booking anything in advance, how am i supposed to know where i'm going to stay??

"Reference person and address in Thailand"

While my brother knows someone in Thailand and i'll be able to fill this in, what if an applicant doesn't know anyone in thailand?

thanks,

Chocko

Yup ^^^.

You will however be expected to put an address on the TM-6 arrival card and I'm not sure how immigration will react to 'hotels', maybe an idea to at least book your first night stay online so you can answer truthfully :o

If you do not know in which hotel you are going to stay, it is not a problem, just write "Hotel, Kawsarn Road, Bangkok" that's all what they want to know. It happened in front of me many times, and the officer(s) always asked them to write the street name and the city as this is what they are looking for.

Bishop :o

you can put any adress, they don't come to knock at your door to see if you live there neither do they check in a database.

I would not put just "any address" or did he/she say "any adress"? :o Be truthful. Like one poster said, at least book your first night stay on-line and then you will have an address.

Edited by elektrified

Sorry to polute these boards with stupid questions, but I don't want to put something wrong on my app and get it rejected....

"Place to stay in Thailand"

I'm gonig to be backpacking around... i'm not booking anything in advance, how am i supposed to know where i'm going to stay??

"Reference person and address in Thailand"

While my brother knows someone in Thailand and i'll be able to fill this in, what if an applicant doesn't know anyone in thailand?

thanks,

Chocko

Where are you applying for a visa? The form i have just filled in from the Thai Consulate in Hull asks for an address (If Known) and doesn't ask about knowing someone in Thailand just reason for visit.

With the immigration card on the plane, as long as you put a hotel name and street nobody asks questions. I quite often do as 9 hours sat in the business lounge in Seoul waiting for my flight to Phuket usually results in me forgetting my address lol.