Pattaya One News Report

apetley

'1.9 Million Baht Welfare payment scheme for the elderly, disabled and sick begins.

On Friday Afternoon at Pattaya City Hall, Khun Wootisuk, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya chaired a meeting to discuss a budget of 1.9 Million Baht, allocated by the Department of Social Development and Welfare from Bangkok which is to be used for needy people here in Pattaya. This money will assist 88 elderly members of the Pattaya Community, 18 Disabled People and 8 HIV/AIDS sufferers. They will all receive monthly welfare payments of between 200 and 500 Baht. The selection process for the welfare payments has already taken place. The meeting made all department heads aware that the budget had arrived and distribution of the money could begin.'

Has anyone else heard of this?

I would like to know how long the scheme runs for after doing a few simple sums as I was under the impression this was an annual payment scheme.

Assuming an average payout of 350 Bht that is 40k bht per month to the 114 people targeted which is just under half million bht over a year.

So where does the other 1.4 million bht go?

I am trying not to be cynical but that is a very large sum to be 'lost' as admin fees!