Tips For Solo (farang) Female In Bkk

girlx

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hrm, well i am not looking to get drunk til i puke. but gazebo sounds ok with me, i have been to the one in banglamphu but never the other one, where is it? anyone else want to comment?

We're hosting a model's night every Thursday and Saturday at Santika on Ekkamai Rd. between soi 9 and 11. 99% of our guests are foreigners and mostly ladies, you're welcomed to join anytime :o

I think 99% is an overstatement, I would say more like 50/50 Thai-Farang - at least on Fridays & Saturdays.

Anyways, I was at Santika one random Saturday during one of the model's nights. Normally I have a great time at Santika but on that night - not so much. Is it just me or were many of the models ranging in age 16 to 18 years old? Some of them must have been too young to legally enter the venue. It made me feel like I was at a non-alcohol tween party at a youth club back home. As far as could tell, all they had to do for passage was to show their portfolio. Honestly I didn't think it was a good look for Santika, although I see what you're trying to accomplish. Throw some FHM or Playboy/girl - that would definitely make it more interesting :D

Now back to OP. I think SWIBB or Young Professionals are the best choices. My wife joined SWIBB for a few nights out. What happened to Young Professionals, it's been ages since I received an email regarding a venue?

Edited by DB84

i saw another thread on the same topic but couldn't add to it because it had been closed! hopefully no one will post smart-alec remarks about farang females on this one. :o where can i go to meet people (thai or farang)? i am not a big fan of going to bars alone... i can do it easily in the khao san area but all you meet are tourists there and i prefer longer term folk at this point. i am joining a yoga class and taking a thai course, but what about nightlife suggestions?

how about learning some thiaboxing- or ladys self defence?

its another way to meet people

you,ll meet a wide bunch of nice people, local , and western, who know the place, and often go for a drink after classes....the bangkok fightcblub has great classes

and there a man called mark stewart who teaches 1-2-1 and in groups

you could volunteer to help at an orphanage where many of the staff are western

i saw another thread on the same topic but couldn't add to it because it had been closed! hopefully no one will post smart-alec remarks about farang females on this one. :D where can i go to meet people (thai or farang)? i am not a big fan of going to bars alone... i can do it easily in the khao san area but all you meet are tourists there and i prefer longer term folk at this point. i am joining a yoga class and taking a thai course, but what about nightlife suggestions?

how about learning some thiaboxing- or ladys self defence?

its another way to meet people

you,ll meet a wide bunch of nice people, local , and western, who know the place, and often go for a drink after classes....the bangkok fightcblub has great classes

and there a man called mark stewart who teaches 1-2-1 and in groups

you could volunteer to help at an orphanage where many of the staff are western

How true. There no better way to make friends then kicking there teeth in and giving them a few burses. OK TV meet up canceled. It's now TV PUNCH UP!!! :o

Edited by RakJungTorlae

i actually looked up that bangkok fight club place before but i just am not interested in travelling out to thonglor so often, but it's a good tip! i am such a wimp though, i doubt i would last long in a muay thai or martial arts class. :o

God I could never be happy here for this long if I didn't live close to Sukhumvit and the sky train. Much respect to those that don't need to. I need as much modern living as possible.

Edited by Sabum

hrm, well i am not looking to get drunk til i puke. but gazebo sounds ok with me, i have been to the one in banglamphu but never the other one, where is it? anyone else want to comment?

The new Gazebo is located where the old Soi 1 bar complex used to be. It is located upstairs on the third floor (I think). It has a somewhat formal attire requirement. I went in to take a look not so long ago. It is a nice joint. My neighbor actually works there in the band. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is pretty nice inside once you get past the rubble of the old complex and up the elevator.

By the way, the Lonely Planet guy must have been mozzies! He can be good fun!

Cheers,

B

thanks! that gazebo sounds better than the khao san one to me- the one on khao san can be pretty annoying.

& yes, the lonely planet guy was "mozzies". i have found that people on that site are much cooler about meeting up than on this one! people are either more cautious or more stuck up on here! :o ...but let's see, if we ever get a meet up organized (before you leave ideally), hopefully some interesting peeps will come- i am dying of boredom without work right now!

hmm. i might head to banglamphu for a massage from my favorite place tonight. and maybe get a falafel on khao san while i am there. otherwise it is back to the marathon of "weeds" which i am having for myself this weekend. :o i am on season 3.

i will put up a poll as soon as i figure out how to do so! :D

Isn't Weeds great. Just finished seasons 1 - 3 and as much of season 4 as I could get my hands on at this point.

Now I'm on to Californication which has a very similar style of humor. They are both from Showtime I think, not sure about writers, producers, etc. If you haven't checked it out yet make sure you do!

i am loving 'weeds'- i didn't know there was a 4th season, but i haven't seen it anywhere so let me know if you know a hook up :o

next is 'lost', never seen it. and someone else just recommended 'prison break'..... i do have to get out of my house some time though!!!!

Edited by girlx

Isn't Weeds great. Just finished seasons 1 - 3 and as much of season 4 as I could get my hands on at this point.

Now I'm on to Californication which has a very similar style of humor. They are both from Showtime I think, not sure about writers, producers, etc. If you haven't checked it out yet make sure you do!

Lost and Prison Break are quite good! I just did a Heros marathon myself!

• 2 weeks later...

Rubbish that most expat women in Bangkok are housewives (as someone else said)... loads of us are long-termers here and are working.

Perhaps you haven't had much response as this was in the Bangkok forum rather than in the ladies forum ... i never look in the Bangkok forum (only found this as it was at the bottom of the page I was looking on).

I'd be keen for a meet-up but, sorry not really with 18 year olds. I'm 35 (aghh!!) but feel/act younger! Prefer central area too, not interested in Khao San area. Can't do anything this week but maybe next??? Friday night?

I'd be keen for a meet-up but, sorry not really with 18 year olds.

see i am not the only one who prefers to hang out with similar people.

sylvafern there is a meet up friday, but it is at gulliver's. :o

• 3 months later...