I have an idea, but need advice if it is do able or not.

I am 22 now, and want to save up about £5K then move to Thailand. What is the best/easiest job to get there other than teaching. I would be looking for something which would be easy to leave and come back too. So say I go back to UK for 2 or 3 months just to build up my finances again.

Thank You For Any Advice :o

22 addicted to Pattaya and with 5K burning a hole in your pocket.

Go visit Brazil or some place else to rid yourself of your addiction. 22 is the age to see the world not to simply keep returning to Pattaya.

You won't get a job over here, and £5k will last you about 3-6 months (6 months is stretching it). I think you need to reassess your long term plans.

There will be plenty of people willing to help him with his ฿300,000. :o

Follow SC's and Guesthouses advice, Thailand is not the place you want to be without a decent amount of cash, and a regular income.

You won't get a job over here, and £5k will last you about 3-6 months (6 months is stretching it). I think you need to reassess your long term plans.

There will be plenty of people willing to help him with his ฿300,000. :o

Follow SC's and Guesthouses advice, Thailand is not the place you want to be without a decent amount of cash, and a regular income.

+1

Another dreamer.

I am 22 now, and want to save up about £5K then move to Thailand. What is the best/easiest job to get there other than teaching. I would be looking for something which would be easy to leave and come back too. So say I go back to UK for 2 or 3 months just to build up my finances again.

as all other posters have said your money will go very quick out here, so you need to be a little carefull.

a lot of lads that come here are working on oil rigs and other off shore stuff, all over world, some welders/ engineers etc some are less qualified and are maybe labours / cleaners etc all are paid very good money and tend to work 1 or 2 months on, then maybe 1 or 2 months off to which they return to thailand have a good time then back to work!

my advice would be at your age try getting into this type of work if you can then you can keep coming to and from as you please and as other posters say maybe try odd holidays elsewhere, and keep your 5 grand for emegancey money!

i just googled this for, but there is probobley a lot more to found

http://www.oilandgasjobsearch.com/?ppcseid...CFQZmegodR0hUWA

good luck, and remember the advice from other posters might not be what you want to hear but its all true!

chris

Have you any work experince?

As there are many jobs for ferangs out there

i have one :D

Come for holiday and leave it at that. You should be working towards your future, these are your prime earning years.

22 prime earning years?

40's for most people

Yes- need to get the career in gear, you fk around and next thing your 40 w/nought.

Come for holiday and leave it at that. You should be working towards your future, these are your prime earning years.

22 prime earning years?

40's for most people

Yes- need to get the career in gear, you fk around and next thing your 40 w/nought.

Exactly - But I did not get into IT till I was 29 though which is late but I have been extremely lucky to have caught up and overtaken most and not by design in most cases.

I had twice that last me a year in Bangkok, and I was spending money freely, on myself and friends, and has a nice new apartment.

It can last you a while, but the job won't come so easy. I think the best idea was offshore work, as people that don't mind it make great money and get unwind and live like a king in Thailand for about half their time each year. The hardest part is getting your foot in the door though, so if you can manage to get one of those jobs, hold on to it for dear life. Most of the guys I know doing it are engineers or scientists though, but I'd think there must be some entry level, manual labor type stuff available.

I'd say give it a go, but be careful and start looking for a job NOW while you're still home, not 6 months after you've arrived. Smartest thing would be to stay home and keeping earning money until you've landed a job as there is not much available here for foreigners without a solid background in a few select fields. Probably not you since you're so young.

Good luck!