What To Do In Pattaya?

mzqueenie

It's going to be less than a week until I go to Thailand, and first heading to Pattaya, I would like anyone here to give me tips what i should do or where should i go to have some fun, activities, site attractions or anything like that, it's been like around 9 years since my last visit and i just remember going to Pattaya Park :o

It's going to be less than a week until I go to Thailand, and first heading to Pattaya, I would like anyone here to give me tips what i should do or where should i go to have some fun, activities, site attractions or anything like that, it's been like around 9 years since my last visit and i just remember going to Pattaya Park :o

Walking street at night (leave your wife and kids in the hotel)

Tiffany's or Alcazar show (ok to bring your family)

Crocodile/Snake Farm

Noongnut Garden

Pattaya Park

Temple of Truth (Teak house + dolphin show)

Elephant ride

Ripley's believe it or not

Go Cart ride

Paint gun

Bowling

Jet Ski, Banana Boat ride

Wind surfing

shopping

Crocodile/Snake Farm

Noongnut Garden

Pattaya Park

Elephant ride

Go Cart ride

Paint gun

Bowling

Wind surfing

shopping

:D I'm no man, I'm a girl, and I'm pretty much too young for kids.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, hopefully I'll manage to do them all.

Btw is there a museum called like the TV show: Ripleys believe it or not?

:o I'm no man, I'm a girl, and I'm pretty much too young for kids.

ooops sorry I should have read your handle :D sorry girl :D

and as for "Ripley's believe it or not" - yes it's kinda like a museum (located on the 4th floor of Royal Garden Plaza).

:o I'm no man, I'm a girl, and I'm pretty much too young for kids.

ooops sorry I should have read your handle :D sorry girl :D

and as for "Ripley's believe it or not" - yes it's kinda like a museum (located on the 4th floor of Royal Garden Plaza).

shit? really? lol ok.

I'm thinking I'll stay away from paintball, I don't want to come home with bruises, but i will go go-kart :D

thanks for the helpful tip everyone, would like some more, so drop your suggestions, i won't mind them, i probably take them into consideration. :D

Previous post you may refer to http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/lofiversion/...php/t53597.html

Sanctuary of Truth (Prasat Sut Ja-Tum)

Naklua Soi 12, Pattaya, Thailand

This structure (in progress) was the brainchild of an eccentric billionaire and is meant to illustrate the four major philosophical and artistic influences that can be seen in Thailand.

Suan Nong Nooch, about 15 kilometres from Pattaya, is a Thai-village-style recreation park. The area of over 200 ha is has beautifully landscaped gardens, an orchid nursery, mini-zoo and twice daily shows with cultural and traditional performances and an elephant show.

Pattaya Water Park, between Pattaya and Jomtien, is an enormous beach front water amusement park with water slides, whirlpools, swimming pools, and restaurants. You are assured of safe, clean water free of the hazards of jet skis, speed boats and speeding aquatic bananas! A perfect place for family fun. :o

Million Years Stone Park & Crocodile Farm, some 9 km from Pattaya, comprises breeding pens with more than 1,000 crocodiles, a zoo and a bonsai garden decorated with rock formations.

Pattaya Elephant Village, 5 km from Pattaya, demonstrate elephants' skills in hauling logs, re-enactment of war elephants in historic battles and parades, and the elephant roundups a hundred years and more ago. More light heartedly, the afternoon shows also include an elephant football match.

The Bira International Circuit, on Route 35 to Rayong, is named after Thailand's most famous racing driver. Prince Bira, and offers some international motor and motorcycle racing on its 2.4 kilometres circuit. You can also hire Formula 3 racing cars and go karts at the racing school on the circuit.

Bottle Museum, on the road which passes the town, shows replica of famous buildings of the world made entirely out of empty bottles as well as boats finely crafted in miniature in glass bottles by a Dutch craftsman.

The Marine Science Institute, on the campus of Burapha University in Bangsaen, is divided into three components: a Marine Aquarium, a Marine Science Museum and Marine Science Laboratories. The Aquarium has a large selection of fish and other marine animals which can be found in the waters around Thailand.

The Khao Hin Son Development Study Centre is in Chachoengsao province, north of Pattaya, and covers and area of some 300 ha of the slopes of a hill considered one of the most beautiful places in the province. The centre includes: crop cultivation experimental plots; fishery and livestock demonstrations; the Phra Bowon Shrine; King Phra Pin Klao Monument located in the botanical garden zone; fast growing tree garden zone; occupational training at the Special Folk Arts and Crafts Centres under Her Majesty the Queen's patronage.

Pattaya's most important temple is Wat Yansangwararam, some 12 km south of town and under the His Majesty the King's patronage. The modern temple covers an area of about 57 ha and incorporates buildings of different architectural styles: Japanese, Chinese, Indian and Western architecture as well as modern Thai architecture. The temple is a centre for meditation for short and long stay visitors.

Between the three larger and public beaches, the headlands include smaller coves and private beaches of individual resorts which can provide as much activity as you could wish or an assured peace and quiet. Most famous of these is the Royal Cliff Beach Resort, not simply luxurious but offering a great range of facilities and activities which make it amongst the best resort hotels in the Asia-Pacific region.

An alternative is to head out to sea. Ko Lan is 45 minutes offshore and the largest of Pattaya's 'Near Islands' group. There are a lot of seafood restaurants on the island's main beaches. Coral can be viewed from glass bottomed boats; there is windsurfing, water skiing and parasailing as well as some fairly basic, novice level snorkelling and scuba diving. A further 40 minutes out is Ko Phai and the 'Far Islands' group where visitors are not allowed to stay overnight but the fine deserted beaches are open during the day and the extra distance from the coast and freshwater run off makes the diving and snorkelling much better, the main destination of Pattaya's divers.

Have a great time.

Thank you ilyushin for that helpful tip :o

Btw Should I do bungy jumping while I'm Pattaya? is it safe as well? just looked at Wikitravel and read about it, thought it will do some good and scare myself 1 time, lol

:D Go for the bungee jump mzqueenie. BM already posted the web page. Have some fun!

:D Jeep as per your question. Others might need this. It is not far from Pattaya by bus or taxi and easy by car.

Khao Hin Son Development Education Center is at the 51st-52nd kilometers on highway No.304, 17 kilometers far from Phanom Sarakham( Google Earth will show you the best way from your start) which is the earliest royal study centre. Established to solve natural resource and environmental problems. Khao Hin Son Development Education Center with the area of 1,869 Rai. This is the education center for new agricultural development, with the cooperation of public and private sectors. The area inside has been divided for demonstration and experiment for farmers and other people. Many projects are: land development, livestocks, fishery, arts, and herb garden. “Eastern Botanical Garden” has been established to study and conduct research for plants and herbs. Herb sauna is also available in Wednesday-Thursday and Saturday-Sunday with 20 Baht fee ( check as it may have increased). More information, contact Tel: 280-6198 – 200 or (038) 59-9105-6.

Have a great time in Pattaya. :D

If a golf player, you'll have more golf than you can shake a club at! :o

:D

I think the Jungle bungy has disappeared! Last time I drove by the little lake was still there, but buildings and crane are gone.

There's another one though on Theprasit road, same area as the go-kart track!

Interesting, so Jungle Bungee Jump in Patters has gone belly up? Shame - very well run outfit, Kiwi Standards and I was quite impressed on their operation in CM. Can't vouch for any other operation, but your safety was paramount at Jungle Bungee Jump.

I think the Jungle bungy has disappeared! Last time I drove by the little lake was still there, but buildings and crane are gone.

There's another one though on Theprasit road, same area as the go-kart track!

dam_n you serious? got to find another one, was expecting to go to that one. :o

Koh Phai, tha main destination for divers?? Not really..

What about the HTMS Koot or the HTMS Khram or Koh Rhin or the north rock..

And with these winds we have now you dont really want to go that far on the boat.

Btw try a discover scuba diving.. If you are in Thailand you really should go diving!!

As previous posters indicated, lots to do in Pattaya, but lots more just outside of it.

Consider a day trip, catch one of the many boats on the beach and head to Koh Lan just to chill,

Do an over-nighter on Samet, enjoy a clean beach with lots of night time stuff, (fire shows, candle lanterns, music),

Maybe a photo op on one of the many pristine beaches on Koh Chang,

Then again, there's always mini-golf in the evening, now we're talking, :o:D

Koh Phai, tha main destination for divers?? Not really..

What about the HTMS Koot or the HTMS Khram or Koh Rhin or the north rock..

And with these winds we have now you dont really want to go that far on the boat.

Btw try a discover scuba diving.. If you are in Thailand you really should go diving!!

Love to do Scuba but wouldn't you need training + certificate to actually start scuba diving?

You can go diving one day and make two dives..

It's called ' discover scuba diving'.

You dont have to be certified to do this!!

A :o fter this you can choose to get certified or not.

Normally the open water diver course takes 4 days but if you did the discover scuba diving program it will take only an extra of 3 days.

Maybe i can be your instructor. :D

You can go diving one day and make two dives..

It's called ' discover scuba diving'.

You dont have to be certified to do this!!

A :o fter this you can choose to get certified or not.

Normally the open water diver course takes 4 days but if you did the discover scuba diving program it will take only an extra of 3 days.

Maybe i can be your instructor. :D

lol really dont need certificate, i'm like a noob when it comes to scuba, yeah you can be my instructor :D

Crocodile/Snake Farm

Noongnut Garden

Pattaya Park

Elephant ride

Go Cart ride

Paint gun

Bowling

Wind surfing

shopping

Geez come to the point.....I stay here 2 years and except for bowling and shopping I haven"t done anything you suggest!

Never mind lol :D

I have been to pattaya 8 times. I like to wander and walk a bit so bear with me.

Nong nuch garden is nice. and can be a very quiet and peaceful day. Do not take the 1/2 day tour you buy at all the travel agencies. they waste your time and you do not have enough time to relax and explore the full place. Take the full day tour or just take a baht bus to jomtien then "hire" a baht bus or motorcycle taxi from there. The place is not far from Jomtien. Do catch the outdoor elephant show there. The indoor Thai cultural show is OK. Not great, but OK for an hour.

1,000,000 years crocodile park is good too. Make sure you catch the croc show. Not great, but the crocs are big and real and the guy is in there handling them.

Last year went to the aquarium out on Sukhumvit was it? Not bad. A bit pricey and not very big but if you have never seen one it is ok.

Beach at Jomitien is nice. I typically walk a bit towards jomtien before I hop on a baht bus for the rest of the trip.

Take a baht bus to Naklua and then walk north on the beach below Dusit hotel. Nice rocks and and a very nice paved walkway there.

Soapie massage at one of the places up by Soi 2. Adult fun, but well, you will get the idea.

Visit some of the local Thai Temples. They are on one of those pattaya color maps.

Walk up the hill on Pratmarnak southside of town. Nice view and the outdoor 10 meter tall buddha is nice. The Chinese area down and to the left on the way back is nice.

Go Cart rides are pretty good. We went to the one on the southside of town before Jomtien. Sorry, can't be more specific. My friend did flip his go cart and tore up his knee a bit. The carts were loud and did move pretty fast. Lots of shaking and vibration. all in all a good deal.

Day trip to Ko Lahn off shore island. Rent the Popeye boat down across from Hard Rock hotel. make sure you can go to the beach of your choice. My first trip my thai friend knew the beach that is basically on the north side of the island. It was quiet, the place made a fine shrimp fried rice. The ferry was cheap but took us to the crowded beach. pass on that.

For cheap adult fun, walk up Soi 11, just inland from 2nd road. Many massage places. Best price for an oil massage on the cheap. A bit sleazy, but may be somebody's cup of tea.

Swimming pool on top of Mike's mall. Big pool with a great view of Pattaya. Chairs had no soft cushions though. Better pool is over on soi 2 or 3 or 4? Mike's orchid hotel. The nice looking place with a lot of purple outside. Pool has one of those vanishing edges. Very nice girls behind the checkin counter. Think we were charged 60 baht for the day each?

Food court top of garden mall just before walking street. Nice view and decent food choices. Pretty fair deal and a starbucks right next door for a desert coffee outside .

Used book store in Tops grocery second floor. Might find something that tickles your fancy.

Bowling lane up there was OK. Buddy and I took our GFs there.

Indoor shooting range right at Tiffany's cabaret on 2nd Road. A bit pricey but they had a lot of guns and ammo to choose from.

Sunday lamb special at the buther's arm pub on soi bukao. They have it every sunday and it is pretty good.

Full english breakfast at Pig and Whistle on Soi 7. Fish and chips is pretty good too.

1/2 chicken and rib combo at Tequila Reef on soi 7. Homemade salsa and warm chips are pretty good.

Fried rice with shrimp (kao phat kung) and watermelon shake at KISS on 2nd road. Man for 85 baht it is tough to beat.

A few more suggestions.

If you arrive or depart during daylight hours, the Bell bus service to BKK airport is a great deal. 150 baht one way. Fine air conditioned bus and they will pick you up or drop you off at your hotel with a minivan. See other posts for time table. Taxis are fine and when I arrive at 2 am I take them, but they are in the 1400 baht range. 1400 versus 150, well, 900 baht for the same travel time and a nice high view out a big window is to me one hel_l of a deal. Heck, I just had my car breakdown outside Indianapolis. The 6 mile cab ride cost me $22.50 plus tip!

Public bus to Ekami is fine too. 99 baht I think it was last year. You can walk 100 yards from Ekami to the Ekami skytrain terminal and find your way to Nana or whatever else you want along the sky train route.

Back to Pattaya:

Ruen Thai restaurant, 2nd road roughly across from soi 12. Semi outdoor restaurant with a good menu. Almost non-stop traditional Thai dancers and Musicians playing. Not loud. If you have not spent a lot of time in Thailand, it is worth it for a dinner. I found it serene and entertaining with subdued lighting. Prices are OK. Costs a bit more than KISS as you might expect but definitely not gouging.

Check out a movie at any of the theaters. Surprisingly, the newer theater on 2nd road behind the macdonalds next to Shenanigans was 20 baht cheaper than the one at Big C. Hey, for 100 baht to see a flick, I always get in one or two while I am in the LOS, just for the price. For once the theater AC was not on ice box setting either. Popcorn and coke for another 100 baht and I was a happy camper. dam_n US theaters hit you with the $4 popcorn and soda and $9.75 for a ticket!

9 baht donuts at big C in the morning. Well, what can I say? 9 baht for some reasonably fresh sweets!

Buy a loaf of bread at TOPs grocery on 2nd road and central pattaya road. Get some cheddar cheese from the coolers along the back of the store, not up front. I snack on that all week.

The Bruehaus german restaurant on 2nd road between soi 7 and soi 8. Vineggarete salad, veal romanoff with noodles and a side of bread. I love Thai food, but every few days, a western craving sets in.

Dinner or breakfast buffet at Lek or Apex hotel. Not greatly fresh but like the "hungry heffer" place always joked on the Cheers TV show, still a pretty good deal. I forget which one had a decent fresh tomato sauce with lots of garlic in it.

Many of the internet cafes are fine and fun. Girl inside TOPS has five PCs available. Her name is AOM and is funny as hel_l. You can sit there and have a drink that you buy cheap right there in the store with her while you catch up on your emails. After 9 pm prices are 30 baht an hour I think.

What not to do:

Avoid the small clinic up on the north side of soi 13 I think, right near 2nd road. I had a simple case of "crotch rot". I went there and they were clueless. Gave me some petroleum jelly they portioned out into a little cup, and some antibiotics. Charged too much and didn't even get what should have been a simple and obvious thing right. All the years I played sports and things, I had never had it, so I went to them first as I was worried about some rash or what not. I flew home two days later and checked with a DR buddy of mine A few days of tolfinicate (spelled wrong?) from lamasil and all was well.

The fruit stand across from Mike's mall. Well, the ladies are nice and the fruit selection is pretty good, but the prices are on the touristy side. Better up on central pattaya road about 100 yards from 2nd road on the left. They will even cut up a big jack fruit for you fresh.

Hard Rock Hotel. Just too pricey for anything unless you really miss the US. The shrimp scampi/alfredo was pretty good, but that was 4 years ago during my first visit to Pattaya.