Pattaya Thieves Rob A Brit House By Incapacitating The Guard Dogs

Pattaya_Fox

PATTAYA THIEVES ROB A BRIT HOUSE BY INCAPACITATING THE GUARD DOGS

On June 15, 2008, at 1.30 am, Pol.Maj.Col. Withaya Yuenyoeng, Pattaya, received a phone call that a house, located at 62/134, Moo Baan Ekmongkol, Soi 17, had been robbed. Police investigators accordingly went to investigate.

Arriving at the bungalow, police met Mr. Peter Leslie Slade (64), a British engineer and his Thai wife, who were waiting for police assistance. The owners of the house led the police to examine the traces of the thieves who had broken into the house and stolen property from the bedroom. The drawers in the closet and of the desk where they had kept property had been ransacked. The missing property amounted to a gold necklace, a gold ring, a big diamond set, a silver set, (weight 240 gms approx.), 2 mobile phones, a notebook computer and a wrist watch. Most of stolen items had been bought abroad. The total property missing amounted to about Bt 1 million.

The house owners said that they just bought the house. On the day the theft occurred, they had gone out for dinner and to shop at around 9 pm, locking the house as usual. They did not expect that the house would be robbed as they have 2 guard dogs; one of which was outside and another was inside the house. When they came back home, they found signs of disturbance. The dog that was outside had been injured. On opening the door, they found their bedroom completely ransacked and the door had been left opened. All of their property had been stolen and the dog that had been inside the house was locked up in the toilet. They found traces of entry, indicating the thieves had come in through the sliding window of the bedroom which was still open.

The house owners said luckily the thieves did not steal their pickup truck. They immediately notified the police to come to investigate. Police presumed that there would have been more than two thieves and they must have known the movements of the owners very well, such as what time they normally went in or out. After robbing the house and climbing over the fence, the thieves apparently went into the woods behind so that the housing security wouldn't see them. However, police collected fingerprints for evidence and will continue their investigations to arrest the thieves as soon as possible.

Pattaya Daily News

Something odd here. Guard dogs, to be of any use at all, make a lot of noise at the slightest disturbance. Even if the outside dog was incapacitated the one inside should have loosed off a good few barks. But there's no reports of neighbours hearing anything not, given the Pattaya BiB's track record in investigation, that that's anything to go by.

Police presumed that there would have been more than two thieves and they must have known the movements of the owners very well, such as what time they normally went in or out.

Or the thieves were known to the husband and wife and hence the dogs which may explain the lack of barking.

I am always amazed by the number of falang who "accept" Thai house construction "as is" and seem content with a carport at the front.

Perfect notice for all to see that your not home when the car is gone.

Not much money to enclose a carport and put in an automatic opening garage door.

Thus drive by or opportunistic burgalars would have to conduct prolonged surveillance to determine when you left and came home and certainly a run to the restaurant would go undetected unless your home address was known to the restaurant employees.

Something odd here. Guard dogs, to be of any use at all, make a lot of noise at the slightest disturbance. Even if the outside dog was incapacitated the one inside should have loosed off a good few barks. But there's no reports of neighbours hearing anything not, given the Pattaya BiB's track record in investigation, that that's anything to go by.
Police presumed that there would have been more than two thieves and they must have known the movements of the owners very well, such as what time they normally went in or out.

Or the thieves were known to the husband and wife and hence the dogs which may explain the lack of barking.

100% correct, inside job for sure.

Edited by plasticpig

The house owners said that they just bought the house. On the day the theft occurred, they had gone out for dinner and to shop at around 9 pm, locking the house as usual.

Well, that makes perfect sense.

Did the "guard dogs" give the burglars a guided tour too? :o

Sorry but THAT IS NOT a guard dog!! There is no way my dogs would be so relaxed and happy if we had strange people (reporters & BIBs) going through our home.

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

There was a program on the UK (BBC?) TV a couple of years ago that investigated the security of people's homes. They had an X-burglar as part of the show. On the show I saw, the X-burglar had to rob a house that had a guard dog. The guy climbed in through an open window upstairs and went downstairs where the dog was barking madly. He just gave the dog some meat, it wasn't drugged or anything. The dog stopped barking, ate the meat whilst the guy got on with stealing whatever he wanted to.

At the end he left the house, loaded up the stolen goods in the house owner's family car and then called the dog. The dog got into the car and he 'stole' the little mutt as well. :D

Classic - when the family saw the film they too could not believe the dog could be so dis-loyal!!

I have a 'ferocious' dog that 'protects' the home and have a security alarm system as well - just in case :o

post-30953-1213851173_thumb.jpg

Edited by dsfbrit

The missing property amounted to a gold necklace, a gold ring, a big diamond set, a silver set, (weight 240 gms approx.), 2 mobile phones, a notebook computer and a wrist watch. Most of stolen items had been bought abroad. The total property missing amounted to about Bt 1 million.

Of course most people leave diamond sets, silver etc just lying around in drawers and never consider a secure safe??? hmm call me cynical but I smell an insurance scam somewhere along the road.

None of you have guard dogs. I used to have half-a-dozen ex-RAF security patrol dogs.

Trained never to take food from anyone but the handler.

Trained never to let anyone within six-feet of them, except the handler.

Trained to pull down and 'guard' any intruder / anyone running away from them.

Many other 'tricks'.

What is common everywhere are 'alarm' dogs who will bark, yap or whatever when soneone steps into 'their' territory. But when they perceive no threat they stop. And with the number of dogs in any given soi, in houses, in gardens or in the street, there is always noise and no one takes any notice.

Waste of time - send them all to Vietnam for a big Friday BBQ

That's nothing. I used to have half-a-dozen ex-SAS dogs.

Trained to kill with their bare paws.

Trained to pull down and 'eat' any intruder with HP sauce, without making a sound.

Great with kids.

That's nothing. I used to have half-a-dozen ex-SAS dogs.

Trained to kill with their bare paws.

Trained to pull down and 'eat' any intruder with HP sauce, without making a sound.

Great with kids.

SAS doesn't have guard dogs. All "army" dogs are trained by RAVC DAC. How do I know? I could tell you but then I'd ................ :o

what do you expect from thai dogs???