Vietnam-cambodia-laos Trip

batanha

Can anyone recommend a cheap way to visit Vietnam-Cambodia-Laos? All I really want is one day in Laos, one day in Vietnam, and 2 days at Angkor Wat in Cambodia. The package deals have gone up on these since I last looked 5 years ago. I was thinking of looking for a Bangkok based travel agency to find deals, but when I was there in May they were still all expensive and they didn't have any packages for so short a trip. I looked online at travel agents and airline sites trying to make something myself, but it seems like a lost cause. Is there a cheap way to do this that I've perhaps overlooked? If so let me know. Thanks.

Edited by batanha

Cheapest way is always overland, but due to lack of time you will have to rely on air travel. In this case cheapest solution would be BKK-Hanoi with Air Asia or Nok Air which you can book through website, then Hanoi to Luang Prabang with Vietnam Airlines then flight to Siem Rep also Vietnam Airlines needs to booked through an agent.

Cheapest way is always overland, but due to lack of time you will have to rely on air travel. In this case cheapest solution would be BKK-Hanoi with Air Asia or Nok Air which you can book through website, then Hanoi to Luang Prabang with Vietnam Airlines then flight to Siem Rep also Vietnam Airlines needs to booked through an agent.

Thanks for the info, I'll check this out.

One more option for Ho Chi Minh City - Siem Reap trip I found from this website. I haven't done that yet.

"The Saigon Passenger Transport Company (Sapaco Tourist) will open a bus route between Ho Chi Minh City and Siem Reap Province in neighboring Cambodia next Monday, according to a company source.

The route will cross the border at Xa Mat in Vietnam's southern Tay Ninh Province and Trapeang Phlong in Cambodia's Kompong Cham Province.

At 500 kilometers in length, the route will reduce travel time by more than two hours, compared with the current route through border towns Moc Bai and Bavet.

The bus will depart at 7 a.m. at 309 Pham Ngu Lao Street in the city's District 1 and arrive at the Sapaco office at #0667 National-No 6 Reap in Cambodia, with a one-way bus fare costing US$24 per passenger."

Copy from http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2939..._Minh_City.html

Edited by greenmember