Best Seafood Restaurant In Pattaya?

LynnSmith

Seafood Emporium located in View Talay Residence IV off Soi 5 (Immigration). Good, clean food in pleasant air conditioned surroundings. Well worth a try if Jomtien meets your criteria of Pattaya?

Long closed. The location is now serves Russian and Italian mostly pizza food.

The best seafood restaaurants are not in Pattaya.

Go to Ban Amphur or Bang Sare, and they're not airconditioned.

Yes I agree. Sorry no Air Con but the rickerty old pier seafood restaurant at Ban Sere is a delight. To sit there and watch the sun go down and all of the fishing boats is a joy. The food is great. If you wish you can select live and have them cook it for for you. How fresh can you get. Plus if my memory serves me well no corkage charge for a bottle of wobbly-pop.

I think the member who revived this dead thread is asking about beach-front restaurants. There is nothing of that sort in Pattaya, but there are water-front restaurants. There is a nice secluded seafood restaurant at the Naklua fishing pier, just to the right of the posh Zign hotel. At the end of Jontiem Beach road is Pupin restaurant, where they have outdoor sidewalk tables next to the breakwater. In Pattaya there is a Thai/seafood restaurant just past the lighthouse (past the Pattaya sign), located at the waterfront with outdoor tables above the 'beach'

"Vientiene on South Pattaya Road towards Sukhumwit." - used to love the old Vientiene on Second road - how does the one on South road compare - I didn't even know it was there.......do they still do Vietnamese, Issan and all the rest??

Still the same food but the setting is not as nice as the old one on Second Road.

I would disagree, we were regular visitors to the one on second road and now live closer to the one on Tai and the food although good is not as good as it used to be, also I am not keen on sitting in a warehouse full of bus loads of tourists. Get your timing wrong and the service is terrible is 3 buses arrive at once.

Preecha in Ban Amphur beats any Pattaya/Jomtien beach front seafood restaurant any time, consistent good quality at cheaper prices, can be extremely busy at peak times though!

Edited by LennyW

Yes I agree. Sorry no Air Con but the rickerty old pier seafood restaurant at Ban Sere is a delight. To sit there and watch the sun go down and all of the fishing boats is a joy. The food is great. If you wish you can select live and have them cook it for for you. How fresh can you get. Plus if my memory serves me well no corkage charge for a bottle of wobbly-pop.

i have been there many times

its a great place, with excellent service and fresh seafood still swimming around in tanks,

i took a party of 12 there a couple of years ago

as stated, there was no corkage on the bubbly

the table groaned with food, everyone left stuffed to the gills

the bill was a little over 8000

highly recommended

"Vientiene on South Pattaya Road towards Sukhumwit." - used to love the old Vientiene on Second road - how does the one on South road compare - I didn't even know it was there.......do they still do Vietnamese, Issan and all the rest??

Still the same food but the setting is not as nice as the old one on Second Road.

Uhm......there is a Vientiane Restaurant on Soi Nueng Pleb Waan.

If the waiter understood me corect and I understood the waiter on my turn, it seems to be the same owner/concept. Thai-, sea- and "farang" food are excellent.

Best to stick with the big names...Hilton, Hard Rock etc. They are very careful not to have bad press about

food problems and they try to buy everything fresh.....yes stuff still happens with them but way less often than with a big brand name ! Now having said that, I eat totally from food carts in Thailand and have never

got sick...ever...going on 20 years now. The one time I got really sick from something I ate was from a

Burger King at a airport in California. Cheers, nirun

i will never go to King Sea Food again

Neither the 300 Baht per bottle corkage charge, nor the prancing transvetite, high-pitched singer were palatable.

You forgot the 20 baht for the cold towel to wipe your hands, that was 5 years ago so may well be 50 baht now

Always like to go to one a restuarant on walking street right opposite the Gellato place.

Seafood is great, service is great and their Irish Coffee which they prepare at your table is WAY BEYOND GREAT.; Sorry I dont actually remember the name.

i will never go to King Sea Food again

Neither the 300 Baht per bottle corkage charge, nor the prancing transvetite, high-pitched singer were palatable.

You forgot the 20 baht for the cold towel to wipe your hands, that was 5 years ago so may well be 50 baht now

went to the Hilton seafood buffet on Friday

absolutley superb.....

cold towels were free too.........

I think the member who revived this dead thread is asking about beach-front restaurants. There is nothing of that sort in Pattaya, but there are water-front restaurants. There is a nice secluded seafood restaurant at the Naklua fishing pier, just to the right of the posh Zign hotel. At the end of Jontiem Beach road is Pupin restaurant, where they have outdoor sidewalk tables next to the breakwater. In Pattaya there is a Thai/seafood restaurant just past the lighthouse (past the Pattaya sign), located at the waterfront with outdoor tables above the 'beach'

There is one I know of that's at the bottom of soi 18 Naklua sorry I don't know the name but it's all lit up and big so you cant miss it. They have table's in the restaurant and right on the beach if you want they will move your table so your feet are in the water if that's what you want Saw just that last time I was there. Good food not over cheap but good sea food never is.

Preecha in Ban Amphur beats any Pattaya/Jomtien beach front seafood restaurant any time, consistent good quality at cheaper prices, can be extremely busy at peak times though!

I think Preecha is probably the best restaurant I have been to in all of Thailand...its always fresh and their preparations are great and its very consistent...its my #1 fav here in Patts

Does anyone know specific directions on how to find Preecha? I have two maps that show it in two different locations that are not anywhere near each other.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

South on Sukhumvit to Ban Amphur, at the traffic lights in Ban Amphur turn right, follow the road as it sweeps round to the left and Preecha is about 150 M along on the right (seaside). Big gravel carpark out front with shade for parking, has a big sign too. Here.... http://g.co/maps/k8skp

There is one I know of that's at the bottom of soi 18 Naklua sorry I don't know the name but it's all lit up and big so you cant miss it. They have table's in the restaurant and right on the beach if you want they will move your table so your feet are in the water if that's what you want Saw just that last time I was there. Good food not over cheap but good sea food never is.

Is that the one in front of The Cove condo?

I think Preecha is probably the best restaurant I have been to in all of Thailand...its always fresh and their preparations are great and its very consistent...its my #1 fav here in Patts

You should try Rim Talay in Bang Saray then, it's better than Preecha.

You should try Rim Talay in Bang Saray then, it's better than Preecha.

Tried it a few times, it was still OK and i would go again, but just not quite as good as Preecha, not in my opinion anyway.

• 1 year later...

I would go for Preecha, in Baan Amphur, or Rim Haad in Bang Sarae. The style in Preecha is more chinese (full of tours now) and Rim Haad has a more Thai (richer, sweeter) style, and fewer tours. No airconditioning, but nice breezes from the sea.

Makro does good fish fingers and frozen prawns, which you can cook in the time it takes to leave your aircon appartment.