Best Seafood Restaurant In Pattaya?

LynnSmith

I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm looking for something IN PATTAYA, that IS air conditioned, always fresh and clean. I hope I'm not asking for too much! I'm looking for someplace I can go to, on a regular basis, quickly order the same thing every time, and be satisfied.

Any suggestions where to get great fresh seafood in Pattaya, in a restaurant (not to buy in a market)?

Ideally, a nice CLEAN place, need good air-conditioning, and lots of turnover to assure freshness.

crazy daves soi chaiyapoon try the superb findas fish fingers in semi ac comfort !!!

• Like 2

Any suggestions where to get great fresh seafood in Pattaya, in a restaurant (not to buy in a market)?

Ideally, a nice CLEAN place, need good air-conditioning, and lots of turnover to assure freshness.

I like Nang Nual, Walking St, has big turn over, has Air Con room on the landward side of the street, I like to get a window seat in there and watch the world go by, not cheap but also not expensive, big menu and load of fish, lobsters, crabs, etc, on display (still alive), seems to be the place wealthy Thais eat.

BB

The best seafood restaaurants are not in Pattaya.

Go to Ban Amphur or Bang Sare, and they're not airconditioned.

Very true, as I do this myself two or three times a week.

But I see more and more westerners coming down and it’s not going to be long before the prices go up and the service goes down, notice at Bang Sare they have now got a concrete shark on the beach, always useful, won't be to long before the local Thais get pushed out and the place becomes like Jomtien, the righting is on the wall.

i give it three years.

Enjoy whilst we can. :o

i think what you need is Mata Hari on the way to jomtien, its not exclusivly seafood but it has very good seafood and specials every week and all cooked very well, the decor ambience and service is excellent, im sure you will not be disappointed

• 1 month later...

Drove to Nang Nual Jomtien a couple of hours ago. The restaurant has been closed for about two months. Don't know about Nang Nual in Walking Street though.

PS/ Nang Nual in Chiang Mai is also closed.

Edited by chris26be

Well, you seem hung up on the aircon, so you might consider Vientiene on South Pattaya Road towards Sukhumwit. They have an aircon upstairs dining room and it is a popular place, though seafood is only part of their menu, they certainly have it, and everything I have ever had there is quite good. I know is sounds Lao, but they also have Isaan, Viet, and Thai food including fresh seafood.

Simon's Fish and Chips? I miss it so ...

Edited by Jingthing

I like Vientianne on Walking St and there are a few others on Walking St that are good as well.

Mum Aroy isn't as good as i thought it would be...very popular with middle class and upper middle class thais....

Vientianne is now on South Pattaya Road, far away from the water.

And vientianne is still crap.

i would sooner have lunch at Simons Fish n Chips.

What foods have you had there that you didn't like? They do also have western food but I would think it would not be the best place for that.

Edited by Jingthing

And vientianne is still crap.

i would sooner have lunch at Simons Fish n Chips.

What foods have you had there that you didn't like? They do also have western food but I would think it would not be the best place for that.

The fried beef in oyster sauce was not so good.

The beef would have been better used to repair a motor cycle

Tire..

Must admit the service was good. Unlike when the service was in walking street.

Also this is not what I class as a seafood restaurant.

BTW, What was the western food comment about?

You are the guy who goes in the, Shark Fin restaurant on second road aren’t you.

Edited by plasticpig

• 9 months later...
Moon aroi - OK they have 3 places - 2 in Pattaya - BUT their service is often terrible - slow and incompetant - not the kind of placew you can nip into and get a quick meal over and over

They must not like you.......:)

I love Mum aroy! service and food is good (very very fresh) and sea view is nice and quiet compared to seafood restaurants in Walking Street....

Fav dish would be the Raw crab and sour mango salad!

and I`m talking about the one in Naklua...Great live music tooo.....

Edited by junki3korean

Drove to Nang Nual Jomtien a couple of hours ago. The restaurant has been closed for about two months. Don't know about Nang Nual in Walking Street though.

PS/ Nang Nual in Chiang Mai is also closed.

No doubt they practiced Thai economics: raise your prices when you need to draw in more customers due to a declining economic situation. Will they ever learn?

Having said that, I always liked the place on Walking Street better because you can sit outside over the water (unless they have torn that down).

There was a rumor going round a few years back that the brilliant city planners were going to tear down all of the shops on the waterfront side along Walking Street to make something............what? Not sure. Probably a mess.

Moon aroi - OK they have 3 places - 2 in Pattaya - BUT their service is often terrible - slow and incompetant - not the kind of placew you can nip into and get a quick meal over and over

They must not like you....... :)

I love Mum aroy! service and food is good (very very fresh) and sea view is nice and quiet compared to seafood restaurants in Walking Street....

Fav dish would be the Raw crab and sour mango salad!

and I`m talking about the one in Naklua...Great live music tooo.....

Naklua was the second one to give us grief - after Sri Racha....who actually served up a fish in a bag to go AFTER we'd asked for the bill!

I used to like them but we've had a couple of poor experiences there a few months back and haven't been back since - BTW - I've eaten at 3 that I know of.

as for fresh - wellllll - I look at the eyes and gills and then try to make sure they actually cook that fish - but I lot of the time I don't bother with the geng or currie dishes - it's just too bloody difficult.

I like the range of Som Tams and Yams at Moon aroi but you can find better - I still reckon that a drive out either to Sri Racha or Bang Amphoe is really the answer.

"Vientiene on South Pattaya Road towards Sukhumwit." - used to love the old Vientiene on Second road - how does the one on South road compare - I didn't even know it was there.......do they still do Vietnamese, Issan and all the rest??

Edited by TVmonitor

ahhh! I must have sheltered myself in trying other places....

I guess it was my first impression, I do admit though the waiters there don`t do much but stand around!

As for fresh I think its the freshest! I had a little wander around one night and observed all the live produce in mass tanks.

I will though put the Vientiene on the list! :D

My second choice would be this Seafood Restaurant on Naklua Road....I wish I knew the name but you guys might!

If your coming up from Second road its on the right hand side of the road on the corner, near Star dice I think....But all the waitresses are females in there 20`s and wear Blue hats and aprons, Then theres an old lady at the front bruising somtam all day......there are seats outside on the side of the shop...main customers are farangs with there thai partners which is always are good sign of quality :)

Do you guys know where I`m talking about!?!?!? lol

If you do, I`d love to know the name :D

• 2 years later...

I still wonder how people can tell that food is better at one place or another, as for me it's the same everywhere ! Especially Thai food...

So i don't mind the food but I would like to find a new beach front restaurant at Pattaya or Jomtien, any idea ?

Which one is your fav ? Don't mind is the waiters are stupid and slow also, used to that already ! I just need a front beach restaurant to have a reason why not eating at home ( i don't have a front beach house yet!).

Thanks a lot.

"Vientiene on South Pattaya Road towards Sukhumwit." - used to love the old Vientiene on Second road - how does the one on South road compare - I didn't even know it was there.......do they still do Vietnamese, Issan and all the rest??

Still the same food but the setting is not as nice as the old one on Second Road.

• Like 1