4th Of July Party

robster125

I heard that the US Consulate has a 4th of July party for those Americans in the area...

Is this something that we have to sign up for, or just show up? Do we need proof of being an American? Can we bring non-American friends (English, Aussie)?

Or, is this even worth going to... what do they do? Is there food and drink provided? for sale?

Thanks for anyone who may know anything about it!!!

I heard that the US Consulate has a 4th of July party for those Americans in the area...

Is this something that we have to sign up for, or just show up? Do we need proof of being an American? Can we bring non-American friends (English, Aussie)?

Or, is this even worth going to... what do they do? Is there food and drink provided? for sale?

Go to the U.S. Chiang Mai Conslate's website for more info. You have to sign up before going. I was turned away last year because I didn't sign up early enough and it already full.

It's a great way to spend an afternoon and meet other americans. Worth going to and other nationalities can be your guests.

Go to the U.S. Chiang Mai Conslate's website for more info. You have to sign up before going.

Actually there is no indication of having to sign up except for non-US guests who have to send an e-mail to notifiy. There is no signup page.

Go to the U.S. Chiang Mai Conslate's website for more info. You have to sign up before going.

Actually there is no indication of having to sign up except for non-US guests who have to send an e-mail to notifiy. There is no signup page.

True, but I do remember being turned away last year because it was already full. I just e-mailed them our names anyway to make sure we can attend.

Why are they celebrating the July 4th independence day on July 3rd?????

Because they are government employees and after a big party, give themselves the day off after, with pay of course.

( Actually..it IS a paid federal holiday )

:o

• 2 weeks later...

May I be so kind as to ask who is all going?

( I need to know if I have to use my fake name so nobody really knows who I am )

Would be nice to actually meet some of my fellow loons.

I'm bringing my bar girl instead of the Unit...much more fun when she gets tipsy and she sings a great version of "Olh Blutiful" ( she has her own ping pong balls too!!)

See ya there! :o

Mr. Grand Canyon State

post-46099-1214725089_thumb.png

Perhaps it's the 4th in the US? :D

Nope, we are 13-16 hours ahead of them.

Most nations are.

Ha ha..

That's a good one...

Funny, I don't see "Singha" written on the side of the space station, or a union jack on the side of the Mars rovers..

:o

Because they are government employees and after a big party, give themselves the day off after, with pay of course. ( Actually..it IS a paid federal holiday )

Bingo! On the 4th the Consulate will be on skeleton crew, with most employees spending THEIR holiday time with family and/or friends.

You have to send in a request to invite someone who is not an American on or before Sunday the 29th which of course was yesterday Thai time. Maybe they would accept it in the next 3 hours as its still Sunday in parts of the USA. In the previous post there is a link to a PDF file that will give you all the information you will need. Yes they will have food for sale there... pizza, hot dogs, beer, and soda..etc... and the like.

When I was asked by a newly arrived expat if Thailand had a July 4th, I responded

Thailand doesn't have a July 4th. It goes from July 3rd right into July 5th....

I'd better wait for that 1:30 plane...

When I was asked by a newly arrived expat if Thailand had a July 4th, I responded

Thailand doesn't have a July 4th. It goes from July 3rd right into July 5th....

I'd better wait for that 1:30 plane...

Oh no

Please don't go

There are too many in need of just the kind of information you offer

Yet ANOTHER thread hijacked!!

Well, Rule Britannia! God Bless America! Advance Australian Fair! O Canada! The Soldier's Song. Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika (although I doubt many resident South African expats will claim this last song!) And so on...

Oy! Give it up!!

Yet ANOTHER thread hijacked!!

Well, Rule Britannia! God Bless America! Advance Australian Fair! O Canada! The Soldier's Song. Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika (although I doubt many resident South African expats will claim this last song!) And so on...

Oy! Give it up!!

I hear ya, but better give it a rest. That's the kind of thinking that got Frank Grimes electrocuted.

Wasn't bad this year. Though the hot dogs went from twenty-five baht up to forty baht this year. Saw a lot of friends unlike last year. The Jazz was hot but the fireworks not. They had a two or three minute display if that. Seemed I looked up and it was over. But this was my daughters first fireworks and she was terrified so it being over quickly was a blessing. Over all a good gathering of the red white and blue.