The You Tube Thread

Tony Clifton

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Youtube shelf life has little effect on potential compyright infringement issues. Perhaps Youtube is reviewing a lot of videos for copyright infringement and "holds" them until review and subsequent re-posting or removal?

Maybe post a link to a video you're having problems with? (Other than that first one.)

Last week or so, maybe up to half of the video's on youtube come up as "We're sorry, this video is no longer available".

Strange in the fact that maybe an hour later the video might work again.

Strange since it all are video's showing up on a youtube search. If it's not available anymore, why does it shows up on the seacrh in the first place?

At some times, simply ALL the video's are like that!

Following screenshot is of a most watced video...

post-4701-1216603201_thumb.jpg

At least you can see some videos; I get the same message on all videos.  I haven't been able to see a video at all this year; I'm using TOT in Pattaya.  There has been occasions that when I switch from fow to high quality download, I could see the bar moving across the bottom as though it is loading, however when I go to play it, I can only view about 2 seconds of video.  If I continue to hit play, I will see additional 2 seconds of video.  I can even move the slider to the right to a different point, play press and again, I see only about 2 seconds of video.  This same thing occurs when I've tried to use a proxy server.  The funny thing is, I can download and save videos using a YouTube download program and play them back later.  Many times the downloads dropout so I don't get a full download.  

Sometimes I tend to think that it is the flash player function that is being affected by the ISP since I can sometimes download the videos.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my flash player many times.  Even after a clean Vista installation, I get the same results.  All three of my computers are affected and react in exactly the same way.  I plan to check my laptop at one of the free wireless sites, maybe at the hospital to see if I can view YouTube videos from a different ISP other than TOT before changing my ISP carrier.

Pattayadavid

I'm in Jomtien on TT&T, and YouTube works well. Occasionally I will run into videos that are "no longer available."

Maybe you just ran into a string of videos you want to watch that are removed? If you go to the main YouTube home page (www.youtube.com), can you play any of those videos?

Nope. EVERY time same message.

Apparently it is NOT only TOT,as I am on TT&T

in Jomtien. Is youtube goin down or are we bein censored?

:o

I ge tthis a well, i'm on tot.

Its not government censoring its the isp, youtube probably costs them a lot of money in bandwidth so they just block it and save. Maybe phone them? sure they'll just say.. "we're having technical difficulties with it now".

An hour ago Youtube wasn't working, and never has on this computer. After the upgrade, it is.

I'm on TOT. I'll be disappointed if it's just a coincidence that I did the upgrade at the same time as they unblocked the site.

It has never gone, so just coincidence ...

An hour ago Youtube wasn't working, and never has on this computer. After the upgrade, it is.

I'm on TOT. I'll be disappointed if it's just a coincidence that I did the upgrade at the same time as they unblocked the site.

It has never gone, so just coincidence ...

As far as I'm aware--it was blocked for a while last year [ something about a monarch, I think]--but has been unblocked for some time.

I have been getting 'video no longer available' for months with TOT but now it is back to normal this evening.

I didn't upgrade anything though.

Edited by garro

I use TOT in Pattaya and haven't been able to view a YouTube video since late last year, but after reading your post, I thought that I would give it a try. At least for tonight, I am finally able to view YouTube videos again; I am using Opera 9.50. I'm crossing my fingers that the block has been eliminated for good.

Does anybody use TOT phone co.? I can't seem to get U-Tube on my PC system. Whatever I try to play just comes up 'sorry, video no longer available...' It's definitely not my PC, everything else is working perfectly. It occurred to me that TOT might be blocking U-Tube for some reason. I'd appreciate some advice...

Btlion

Does anybody use TOT phone co.? I can't seem to get U-Tube on my PC system. Whatever I try to play just comes up 'sorry, video no longer available...' It's definitely not my PC, everything else is working perfectly. It occurred to me that TOT might be blocking U-Tube for some reason. I'd appreciate some advice...

Btlion

Same here - TOT is a joke imo.

I am a TOT user in Pattaya and have not been able to view any YouTube videos since late last year, but for some reason TOT was allowing YouTube videos to be viewed on Friday and again yesterday, but today they are again blocked. They must have had a problem in their blocking hardware/software, whatever they use to block YouTube, over the past two days. That, or they were just putting out a teaser for their current subscribers then rub it in our face by blocking it again. I'm on the waiting list for a TT&T phone line then I will be rid of TOT's sensorship.

TOT has admitted it is blocking youtube. TOT claims that they are government owned and must protect its citizens. Apparently, there is a malcontent out there who keeps posting lese majeste content and youtube can't block the malcontent, but only take down the video after it is identified. So, TOT is blocking youtube as a remedy.

Good news to TOT subscribers, YouTube ban has now been removed! :o

I checked only last saturday (July 26) and it was all working fine.

Dunno though if this applies to all ToT subs. I live in Nongprue, Chonburi.

Connection speed also "seems" to have improved a lot this weekend.

Edited by Palace

Hi... I wrote in here yesterday for help because I figured out that TOT were blocking YouTube, which is important to me because I am a musician and have several mates on there. Today I went to AT&T to get my service changed and was told 'sorry, cannot. No have cable in your soi' So, I went to CAT quite prepared to pay 2,600 baht; anything to get away from TOT! Once again I was told 'cannot do'. At this point I resolved to sell my house at the first opportunity and went home depressed. I was checking my emails and I thought I'll give YouTube one more try and cor' bugger me, it worked! I have just been reading all these conflicting reports on Thai Visa and I can say for definite that YouTube is working on TOT.

I have TOT and haven´t been able to watch youtube for about a year. But today youtube is working a again. A miracle! :o

Ditto. Works in Isaan finally. Just when I started doing serious research to replace TOT with something less restrictive.

I use YouTube extensively for class illustrations in my university classes (journalism, marketing, etc.), and the TOT ban has been quite a hindrance. I'm not holding my breath, however, that it'll remain. Been up and down that roller coaster too many times.

Edited by toptuan

It was blocked a while ago because someone made a video that was offensive.

I can access it now though, from Thailand... There is no youtube.co.th though. Don't know if there was.

Edited by dr_Pat_Pong
reference to The Royal Family removed

Youtube is not working very well for me right now. I have to refresh some videos several times before they will play instead of getting the 'sorry this video is no longer available' error.