Good Source Of Fish Oil For Brain Food

jaideeguy

Trying to locate a cheap [but decent quality] fish oil for the omega 3 [brain food] here locally. are there any thai or cheap imports available? please post brand name & value [units?] and price if you know.

Edited by jaideeguy

I agree with Ulysses G., as usual, however, I get tired of eating salmon and it is quite pricey.

I have started this week on salmon oil softgels to see if it will affect my dry skin conditions. It is also supposed to do wonders in lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.

The pharmacy at Tesco had salmon oil from a U.S. health food manufacturer, 100 1k mg pure salmon oil softgels for 340 Baht. Most say four 1000 mg. softgels a day is the best dosage.

You bet I am going to go to my local pharmacy and see if they can get a Thai version of the same thing, my guess it will be a lot cheaper. A generic if you will. Since salmon is touted as the best source of omega-3 etc., I will stick to that fishes oil, although there may be other fish oils that are equal to salmon oil in efficacy, but I don't know what they are.

I will be delighted if a month of this treatment will help my skin condition, but it is worth a try. Nothing wrong with the other touted beneficial effects either.

I would love to hear about Thai companies selling salmon oil capsules and the cost.

Actually, I said sardines (which I don't like much).

Most salmon (which I love) now come from fish farms which many people claim have much lower levels of omega 3 oils and a lot of wild salmon have high levels of murcury and dangerous chemicals dumped into the sea.

Sardines are cheap and wild and too small to collect toxic materials, but they don't taste that great! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Tuna packed in WATER is a good and cheap source. Three times a week and you are covered. Packed in oil and the natural oils are greatly diminished.

.....tastes so dry I can hardly believe there's any oil in it. One always has to add oil I find.

Tell you what's oily is that sort of slightly mackerely fish they sell in Rimping think it begins with S. It's cooked, maybe a bit smoked. Usually individual packet on the table display.

Not too dear.

Tuna 3 times per week, is too much mercury. Just my opinion. You can do your own research.

I take Kirkland brand Fish oil with have Omega 3s. and 6s.

A little fish occasionally.

Check out the mercury info on medical website for more opinions.