Mountain Biking In And Around Pattaya Or Rayong

mynextgig

I am living in Pluak Daeng which is about 40 mins from Pattaya and 40 mins from Rayong and i am looking for some people to go mountain biking with.

I have been out on my own a couple of times but i dont really know how much of problem it is to ride on private land which is where all the decent hill trails seem to go.

I speak reasonable thai so i am looking for Thai or Farang mountain bike enthusiasts to show me the ropes.

Any suggestions ?

I am living in Pluak Daeng which is about 40 mins from Pattaya and 40 mins from Rayong and i am looking for some people to go mountain biking with.

I have been out on my own a couple of times but i dont really know how much of problem it is to ride on private land which is where all the decent hill trails seem to go.

I speak reasonable thai so i am looking for Thai or Farang mountain bike enthusiasts to show me the ropes.

Any suggestions ?

You are very lucky to be living up there in such a beautiful area, I would love to ride around there but it is really too far for me to go. I ride a Santa Cruz and was a serious down hill and cross country mountain biker for many years but too many high speed falls and torn ligaments have put paid to all that.

Maybe try looking up the Bangkok Bike Hash they ride all over Thailand and who knows the next ride might be near you.

The next hash is in Hua Hin, There will be a few riders travelling there from Pattaya. I will be travelling there from Chaiyaphum, (7+ hours), so if you are keen you have no excuse not to go. Check their website at...

www.bangkokbikehash.org

It will also be an easy way to meet bikers that regularly ride in Pattaya.

Nidge

Edited by nidge

Thanks for the responses, will definately try and do the Hua Hin bike hash next weekend. Maybe see you there !

Must be my lucky day, i met a guy in Pluak Daeng today who is a serious mountain biker and travels to various competitions around Thailand. He is going to show me some of the local trails tomorrow !! Hope i can keep up....

Edited by mynextgig