MadArt

Portrait

Talent : Nicky

Cam : Nikon D50 + Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

Photoshop : Unsharpen mask, dodging and color control

Lighting : Backlid sunlight + front white reflector

Shoot in : JPG

nickysmall.jpg

How did you find such a beautiful young girl... Was she a professional model ? The picture too is beautifully done. Was the picture originally in RAW and converted to jpeg for posting?

One area of the picture that needs work is the fingers. They seem to be distorted by possibly the closeness of the lens and wide angle shot. The fingers appear so long and the fingernail has the white completely washed out. I thought shooting in raw could help eliminate such exposure problems.The photo could have been better without the hand there.

thanks for posting.

Edited by jukapot

Very nice. good model, good expression , confident but not arrogant, nice light.

I think the problem with the hand comes from the very bright areas surrounding it. also, you can see she is leaning but not what she leans on. Gives a bit of tension to the photo that takes away from beauty of the shot. If the model had been a touch closer to whatever she leaned against it may have been incorporated into the composition.

But the photo is still excellent IMO

thx every one.. :o she is not a model, this is her first time posing in front of SLR. She is just a friend of mine on Koh Samui. Really have good time shooting with her, this is the last shot i got from the day because she already gain lots of confidence after shooting, her first few photo wasnt so nice. The light on her finger, i have to agree. Did not noticed that part when i shooting this cos too much concentrate on her eye and another hand supporting reflector because i dont have any assistance. T.T Well if im back in Koh Samui, any one who is interested can try PM me, i might be able to arranged a shoot. :D and of course its batter to shoot with few more photographer so you can exchange holding the reflector. = = I normally chose a model that not much experience in shooting so it also thought me how 2 guide a model to post and gain more confidence.