Travel To Cambodia And Back With A Single Entry Thailand Tourist Visa

Hi,

Indian(age: 30years). In Bangkok currently on a single entry tourist visa. I plan to visit Cambodia by road (Aranya Prathet - Poi Pet border) and return back the same way after 3 days. (I already have Cambodian e-visa).

- Do I need a get a reentry permit before leaving Thailand ?

- Does the immigration office at the border (Aranya Prathet) issue reentry permits ?

- If I leave without a reentry permit, can I get visa on arrival at Thai border while entering back from Cambodia. Indians are eligible for visa on arrival but not sure if the same holds good if Indians arrive at Thailand via Cambodia. Does that make any difference ?

- I know that one can get reentry permit through Immigration office in Bangkok, but due to lack of time I am not able to visit the office personally. I am advised against applying through a travel agent.

- When I arrived at Suvarabhoomi airport, I tried to get a reentry permit but I was told that they will issue reentry permits on showing boarding pass, which is possible only for air travellers. I am travelling by road to Cambodia.

- Webistes mention about applying for reentry permits by submitting a TM8 form. If I do this will I get the permit quickly enough ? With this method can I get the permit with a single visit to the immigration office.

Could somebody please guide me with the above ? I talked with immigration office on phone, but they were not able to affirmatively confirm many things. Only thing that came from them was "Come to office in person, apply, and come next day to collect".

Has anybody got a reentry permit (as a road traveller) more easily ?

If someone has contacts of a travel agent who could do this quickly, kindly pass them on to me.

Regards,

Bharata.

If you leave Thailand you permitted to stay stamp expires. Than you could come back on a 30 day visa exempt entry.

With a re-entry permit you would keep your original date till which you are allowed to stay. It will cost you 1000 baht and you will need 2 photo's. They can do this at the border and doesn't take long.

What the best is depends on how long you have left on your permitted to stay stamp and if you think it is worth the money or if you have enough with a visa exempt entry of 30 days.

Mario saved his 100'th to give you a load of b0llox.

VOA for Indian people = 15 days. I see no reason why you can't get a VOA on a land border, but your tourist visa will be finished. As it says, it's single entry. Lopburi might be able to qualify, there aren't too many Indian chaps asking visa questions on here.

There is no visa exempt entry available. You can obtain a re-entry permit prior to crossing border with 4x6cm photos and 1,000 baht. Am not sure of VOA status but you can ask at the border and if not available obtain the re-entry permit - it should be issued immediately.

There is no visa exempt entry available. You can obtain a re-entry permit prior to crossing border with 4x6cm photos and 1,000 baht. Am not sure of VOA status but you can ask at the border and if not available obtain the re-entry permit - it should be issued immediately.

Thanks everybody for the replies.

lopburi3, so u say, I can get a reentry permit at the border. My worry is will the immigration office at the border (Aranyapet - Cambodia border) will issue such permits. Are you sure about this ? Because I asked this question to Bangkok immigration office and also to Thailand visa office in India and both of them were not sure if the border office will issue a reentry permit.

If someone can _confirm_ to me that it is indeed possible to get reentry permit at the border while crossing over, it will save me the trouble of visiting the Bangkok office.

Regards,

Bharata.

No 30day visa exemption for Indian Nationals and NO, I repeat, NO, Issuance of VISA ON ARRIVAL at the Cambodian border for Indian Nationals.

For your own safety I would apply the Re-entry permit at the Thai immigration Main Office in Soi Suan Plu.

Thanks for all the replies.

Many more sources are telling me that it is possible to get a reentry permit at the Aranyaprathet, Thai-Cambodia border. I will try this and let the forum know if I succeed.

This site( http://www.thaivisa.com/329.0.html) lists Sa Kaeo Province, Aranyaprathet District as one of the immigration offices that issues reentry permit. So I guess I should be able to get a permit there.

Regards,

Bharata.

Many more sources are telling me that it is possible to get a reentry permit at the Aranyaprathet, Thai-Cambodia border. I will try this and let the forum know if I succeed.

This site( http://www.thaivisa.com/329.0.html) lists Sa Kaeo Province, Aranyaprathet District as one of the immigration offices that issues reentry permit. So I guess I should be able to get a permit there.

Regards,

Bharata.

Hi Bharata,

That link you provided - it seems to be about Visas upon Entering Thailand.

I cannot see any reference to Re-entry Permits which must be obtained before you leave Thailand.

At Suan Phlu Re-entry permits are normally completed one hour after you submit your application.

(Unless there are special restrictions for Indian Passport holders !!)

I would recommend you try Suan Phlu and be sure to have your Re-entry Permit before you leave Bangkok.

Visa on Arrival at Aranyaprathet

The Following Website

http://www.immigration.go.th

at this link for Aranyaprathet >

http://aran.immigration.go.th/eng/main.htm

Clearly Says >>>

voaeng.gif

Hope this helps

Bill

If you leave Thailand you permitted to stay stamp expires.

Than you could come back on a 30 day visa exempt entry.

With a re-entry permit you would keep your original date till which you are allowed to stay. It will cost you 1000 baht and you will need 2 photo's. They can do this at the border and doesn't take long.

What the best is depends on how long you have left on your permitted to stay stamp and if you think it is worth the money or if you have enough with a visa exempt entry of 30 days.

Mario - your statement about Visa Exempt entry is WRONG.

Please refrain from making categorical statements about things you dont know

- it can be very misleading and confusing to those who are asking for help.

Bill

Regards,

Bharata.

Hi Bharata,

That link you provided - it seems to be about Visas upon Entering Thailand.

I cannot see any reference to Re-entry Permits which must be obtained before you leave Thailand.

At Suan Phlu Re-entry permits are normally completed one hour after you submit your application.

(Unless there are special restrictions for Indian Passport holders !!)

I would recommend you try Suan Phlu and be sure to have your Re-entry Permit before you leave Bangkok.

Visa on Arrival at Aranyaprathet

The Following Website

http://www.immigration.go.th

Clearly Says >>>

<image deleted>

Hope this helps

Bill

Hi Bill,

The link I posted was a followup link from this site (http://www.thaivisa.com/346.0.html) which said that reentry permits are available from those offices.

Regards,

Bharata.

Interesting but the official web site per there banner is not what you have posted but is www and that website does not contain any such banner.

http://www.aranimmigration.com/eng/main.htm

Hi Lop

But if you click on >

http://www.aranimmigration.com/

You are taken to >

http://aran.immigration.go.th/ !!!!

Bill

Aranyaprathet Immigration Thailand.

Operation hour is 07:00 am to 08:00 pm daily on the Thai and Cambodia sides.

Address No. 6 Mahadthai Raod, Aranyaprathet District, Sakaeo Province. Thailand.

Tel/fax : 0-3723-1131,

Ban Klong Luek Check-point 0-3723-0099,

Website: http://aran.immigration.go.th Email : [email protected]

Could any Thai speaking Member kindly volunteer to phone

Ban Klong Luek Check-point 0-3723-0099 (Tomorrow !!)

to help our new Member - Bharata - to DETERMINE if they can issue a

Re-Entry Permit to an Indian Passport Holder who has a Tourist Visa?

Both Bharata and I feel the Language Problem will prevent either of us

getting a DEFINITIVE reply.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by WilliamIV

Aranyaprathet Immigration Thailand.

Operation hour is 07:00 am to 08:00 pm daily on the Thai and Cambodia sides.

Address No. 6 Mahadthai Raod, Aranyaprathet District, Sakaeo Province. Thailand.

Tel/fax : 0-3723-1131,

Ban Klong Luek Check-point 0-3723-0099,

Website: http://aran.immigration.go.th Email : [email protected]

Could any Thai speaking Member kindly volunteer to phone

Ban Klong Luek Check-point 0-3723-0099 (Tomorrow !!)

to help our new Member - Bharata - to DETERMINE if they can issue a

Re-Entry Permit to an Indian Passport Holder who has a Tourist Visa?

Both Bharata and I feel the Language Problem will prevent either of us

getting a DEFINITIVE reply.

Thanks

Bill

I called the Aranyaprathet immigration office (0-3723-1131) and was clearly told that I _can_ get the reentry permit at the checkpost. It should take just 20min (no queue) to an hour (with some queue) and it needs 2 passport size photograhs, 2 copies of passport (showing Thai visa information) and a filled TM8 form.

Thanks everbody for the replies. Will update when I come back from Cambodia.

Regards,

Bharata.

Hi,

Indian(age: 30years). In Bangkok currently on a single entry tourist visa. I plan to visit Cambodia by road (Aranya Prathet - Poi Pet border) and return back the same way after 3 days. (I already have Cambodian e-visa).

- Do I need a get a reentry permit before leaving Thailand ?

- Does the immigration office at the border (Aranya Prathet) issue reentry permits ?

- If I leave without a reentry permit, can I get visa on arrival at Thai border while entering back from Cambodia. Indians are eligible for visa on arrival but not sure if the same holds good if Indians arrive at Thailand via Cambodia. Does that make any difference ?

- I know that one can get reentry permit through Immigration office in Bangkok, but due to lack of time I am not able to visit the office personally. I am advised against applying through a travel agent.

- When I arrived at Suvarabhoomi airport, I tried to get a reentry permit but I was told that they will issue reentry permits on showing boarding pass, which is possible only for air travellers. I am travelling by road to Cambodia.

- Webistes mention about applying for reentry permits by submitting a TM8 form. If I do this will I get the permit quickly enough ? With this method can I get the permit with a single visit to the immigration office.

Could somebody please guide me with the above ? I talked with immigration office on phone, but they were not able to affirmatively confirm many things. Only thing that came from them was "Come to office in person, apply, and come next day to collect".

Has anybody got a reentry permit (as a road traveller) more easily ?

If someone has contacts of a travel agent who could do this quickly, kindly pass them on to me.

Regards,

Bharata.

Update:

I travelled to Thailand border, Aranya Prathet and was able to get a re-entry permit easily by filling up a TM.8 form (needs a 4x6 cm photograph) and paying a fees of 1000baht. So it is indeed possible to obtain reentry permit at Aranya Prathet Immigration office.

Regards,

Bharata

• 1 year later...
Update:

I travelled to Thailand border, Aranya Prathet and was able to get a re-entry permit easily by filling up a TM.8 form (needs a 4x6 cm photograph) and paying a fees of 1000baht. So it is indeed possible to obtain reentry permit at Aranya Prathet Immigration office.

Regards,

Bharata

I am planning on getting VOA at Suvarna bhoomi airport. On the same day, I plan to go to Cambodia.

After visiting in Cambodia i plan to get back to Thailand for the rest of my tour (3 days later).

Can someone confirm if this procedure of getting re-entry at land border crossing via Aranya Prathet is applicable even for Indian citizens who have VOA and not the regular tourist visa?

Any help will be very useful in finalizing my travel plans.

Thanks,

Nagesha