Doom And Dispair

whatsoever

With so many bad events occuring both in Thailand and around the planet mayn people i talk with - both Thais and ferangs seem to have given up hope - lost their way/purpose in life. I am not just talking about the odd pessimist - i mean people who normaly had a rosey view on life.

Earth quakes, floods, new diseases/viruses, economic doom - high oil price, food shortages, massive debt, rumours of war - Iran, dissenfranchised young - young girls and boys turning to drugs, becoming sexualized at such an early age, no respect for parents or authority - who can blame them, etc. etc.

Many of these events seem somewhat biblical in prophecy - last days!!

Or is it just me!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earth quakes, floods, new diseases/viruses, economic doom - high oil price, food shortages, massive debt, rumours of war - Iran, dissenfranchised young - young girls and boys turning to drugs, becoming sexualized at such an early age, no respect for parents or authority etc. etc.

As Uncle Albert once said to Rodney "Cheer up son it could be worse"

With so many bad events occuring both in Thailand and around the planet mayn people i talk with - both Thais and ferangs seem to have given up hope - lost their way/purpose in life. I am not just talking about the odd pessimist - i mean people who normaly had a rosey view on life.

Earth quakes, floods, new diseases/viruses, economic doom - high oil price, food shortages, massive debt, rumours of war - Iran, dissenfranchised young - young girls and boys turning to drugs, becoming sexualized at such an early age, no respect for parents or authority - who can blame them, etc. etc.

Or is it just me!

Obviously you were not around during the plague in the middle ages nor the great depression in the 30's. Give it some time before calling for the end of the world. For me, I give it two more years. In the meantime, enjoy today. :o

Well, I feel no despair at all.

I'm healthy, I have a wonderful wife and a great life here in Thailand. I've just got my annual bonus, and on top of that two companies - one in Bangkok and another in Hong Kong - are trying to poach me away.

Two more years . . . the quiet life beckons.

I'm healthy, I have a wonderful wife and a great life here in Thailand. I've just got my annual bonus, and on top of that two companies - one in Bangkok and another in Hong Kong - are trying to poach me away.

Two more years . . . the quiet life beckons.

Better poached than fried - well thats what crabs and lobsters say :o

Dr Doolittle

Cheer up, worse things happen at sea :-)

Cheer up, worse things happen at sea :-)

And in China :o

Or is it just me!

It's you Chicken Little !!!

The Great Depression? Polio? WWII?

Please, with science today, computers, the genome and it's discoveries coming soon, we live in a time of enlightenment.

There will always be pessimists, but many will use their "the glass is half empty" as an excuse as to why they are not geting their sh*t together.

Or is it just me!

It's you Chicken Little !!!

The Great Depression? Polio? WWII?

Please, with science today, computers, the genome and it's discoveries coming soon, we live in a time of enlightenment.

There will always be pessimists, but many will use their "the glass is half empty" as an excuse as to why they are not geting their sh*t together.

Ofcourse - i forgot that computers and the genome will save the day! Try telling that to most of the worlds population getting by on a few dollars a day - about time they got their shi-t together :o

Or is it just me!

:D:o

People have been saying the same thing since the beginning of time.

Or is it just me!

:D:o

Exactly. In the 1960's my father always used to say, "The world is going to He11 in a handbasket"! :D

Or is it just me!

What brain damage can television do to an individual.

Or is it just me!

:D:D

Exactly. In the 1960's my father always used to say, "The world is going to He11 in a handbasket"! :D

My Dad was saying it in the 40's in the 50 the Ayran Nation started gathering in camps to fight off whoever it was at the time. They are still waiting. Not sure what for. Don't think they are anymore. But hey be ready for IT . The worlds still going to hel_l. Me I'm a late starter mabe next year when I'm not so busy. :o

My future's so bright I gotta wear shades.

I remember when I was in primary school in the 80's practising for a nuclear attack- it never happened.

If you want my opinion you will need to wait a bit longer for your 'rapture' or whatever else it is that you 'end of the world types' are expecting.

I've just got my annual bonus.

That arent too many posts where you dont mention your wealth.

:D It's all going to turn to sh!t for everyone at some point.

To the OP-Did they also mention that;

"it wasnt like this in my day"

or "i fought in the war i did"

or "you youngsters dont know how lucky you are!!!" :o

I often noticed that a lot of these guys who believe the end is coming soon have a happy smile and crazed glint their eyes. Like it is something they have been waiting for. I can sometimes almost hear them thinking 'Come the final days you'll be the first against the wall'.

There was a Australian Prime Minister who said "Life wasn't meant to be easy" I think he was fired for daring to tell the truth. :o

Probably Mr. Howard speaking to the last batch of refugees, just before he shipped them to the camp out in the desert.

I read an article the other day where it was saying that due to rising energy prices Western governments are inevitably going to have to lower the tax burden on the proles.

So things are looking up if our governments have less money to fund their phoney wars and waste billions on the scams and schemes they think up to steal money from us.

Earth quakes, floods, new diseases/viruses, economic doom - high oil price, food shortages, massive debt, rumours of war - Iran, dissenfranchised young - young girls and boys turning to drugs, becoming sexualized at such an early age, no respect for parents or authority etc. etc.

As Uncle Albert once said to Rodney "Cheer up son it could be worse"

Its just you. But, having said that, you are partially correct, but your timing aint. The sun has 800 years to go, (then its finito here) thats about 50 incarnations, if you average 80 years, and spend the same times in spirit. By then, hopefull you are spritually well enough developed/learnt/advanced not to have to re-incarnate. Again BUT, by then, actually quite soon, we will have beamship technology, (secret govt and et already have it) so you can always migrate. At any age there is talk of doom and gloom, and there is also cheer and happiness. depends on state of mind, and partly on bamk account. Maybe your emotional bio-rhythm was on a low cycle when you felt your world falling apart. See how you feel in two weeks.

Its just you. But, having said that, you are partially correct, but your timing aint. The sun has 800 years to go, (then its finito here) thats about 50 incarnations, if you average 80 years, and spend the same times in spirit. By then, hopefull you are spritually well enough developed/learnt/advanced not to have to re-incarnate. Again BUT, by then, actually quite soon, we will have beamship technology, (secret govt and et already have it) so you can always migrate. At any age there is talk of doom and gloom, and there is also cheer and happiness. depends on state of mind, and partly on bamk account. Maybe your emotional bio-rhythm was on a low cycle when you felt your world falling apart. See how you feel in two weeks.

I'm not sure which is worse - your astronomy or your mathematics. The sun has about another 5 billion years to live, and 50 x 80 x 2 comes to quite a few more than 800. Your English is allowed, as I guess you're not a native speaker. :o