Singapore Visa - Non Imm B

ok, i'm in singapore right now, i've just finished a visa run, I can confirm that they are NOT issuing multi entry B's here, only single entry...

under remarks it says "extension of stay not permitted" but that's crossed out. the lady who took the applications said i can apply for an extension at a local immigration office, but i assume that's only 30 days more? dont know.

Unless you qualify for a one year extension of stay there is no extension made other than the normal 7 days to leave the country type. If you qualify for the one year extension of stay from Immigration you do that with TM.7 and a rather long list of documents.

Singapore always tell people this when they apply for multiple entry visas; what they mean is that you can apply to extend your visa for one year at your local immigration office.

ok, i'm in singapore right now, i've just finished a visa run, I can confirm that they are NOT issuing multi entry B's here, only single entry...

under remarks it says "extension of stay not permitted" but that's crossed out. the lady who took the applications said i can apply for an extension at a local immigration office, but i assume that's only 30 days more? dont know.

You can apply for a one year visa extension for the purposes of business under section 7.1 of Thai Police order 606/2549, up to 21 days before your 90 visa stamp 'admitted until' date. These visa extensions for business are really difficult to obtain, particularly for small or new businesses.

Edited by digitalchromakey

There is no 21 day limitation on application for extension of stay - that applies to conversion from visa exempt or tourist visa.

Thanks Lopburi, that's interesting to read.

The reason I mentioned the 21 days was that last July when I went to my local Immigration to apply for a section 7.1 type extension;

I was sent away and told to come back just 3/4 weeks before my 'admitted until' date in September.

I was told then that they would not accept applications before that point. I guess it's just a Phuket 'rule'

The 21 day rule is as I said but it appears that was not your meaning (you were talking during the last 21 days rather than with 21 days remaining) so apologize.

The norm is to apply during the last 30 day of a 90 day stay. They will often allow earlier if travel can be shown but like you to apply during the last 30 days so I expect they said three week in your case as being what they would like as optimum.

There is this relatively new bit

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province. More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html

how did you get this letter, what did you have to do?

Believe that is the receipt you obtain after you submit the work permit application, while it is under review. This is also what most Consulates require to see to issue a non immigrant B visa currently (in addition to normal company paperwork).

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant's prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province. More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html

You, or more likely your employer, apply at your local Ministry of Labour for a work permit using form WP3 and all the required paperwork.

If the WP3 application for your work permit is accepted, then they issue a receipt, which a small slip of paper.

You take this WP3 application receipt, along with all the other required paperwork and fees with you, when you go to any embassy/consulate to apply for a non immigrant B visa.

When you/your employer subsequently return to Labour with evidence of the new non immigrant B visa and 90 day entry stamp, then labour start the process to issue the actual work permit.

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant's prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province. More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html

You, or more likely your employer, apply at your local Ministry of Labour for a work permit using form WP3 and all the required paperwork.

If the WP3 application for your work permit is accepted, then they issue a receipt, which a small slip of paper.

You take this WP3 application receipt, along with all the other required paperwork and fees with you, when you go to any embassy/consulate to apply for a non immigrant B visa.

When you/your employer subsequently return to Labour with evidence of the new non immigrant B visa and 90 day entry stamp, then labour start the process to issue the actual work permit.

so I get this right...this is about an accepted application and not about an approved application?

This is a significant difference!

so I get this right...this is about an accepted application and not about an approved application?

This is a significant difference!

The paper work supplied to labour with your WP3 form, which needs to be in good order for the application to be accepted and a WP3 receipt issued, is listed below:

1. Completed WP3 application with 3x Photograph 5" x 6" size (Photograph should be taken within the last six months)

2. Letter explaining why the alien needs to be hired.

3. A certificate of employment issued by a present employer in accordance with the form provided.

4. Copy of commercial registration and the objectives of the company. (not older than 6 months)

5. List of company shareholder's names (not older than 6 months)

6. A current balance sheet of the latest year's accounts.

7. Organisation chart of the company.

8. List of all foreigners being hired in the company ,the position that they are holding, plus the number of work permits allowed.

9. Copy of the alien's academic certifications and previous job records

10. Valid original passport plus a photocopy of all pages.

11. Health fitness certificate. (not older than 6 months)

12. Power of attorney (if the applicant does not come to apply by himself)

13. Map showing the location of the company.

14. Forms to inform of the approval of the alien (TOR. THO 10) and power of attorney of the employer.

15. Other related documents available.

- depend upon the kind of business

16. If the director who signs for the work permit is "alien" then there must also be a copy of his work permit

Your WP3 application cannot be considered for approval and a work permit issued, until you have supplied all the above required papers and this also includes a copy of a valid non immigrant B visa and current 90 day passport entry stamp.

I hope this clears things up for you

ok...so I have to:

1) submit all the paperwork that digitalchromakey listed to the labour dep.

2) Take the WP3 receipt from labour and add it to the paperwork listed on the MoFA webpage, the WP3 is in fact the "Letter of Approval" mentioned below:

Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must provide the following documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months.

- Completed visa application form.

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.

- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province. More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).

- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:

1) business registration and business license

2) list of shareholders

3) company profile

4) details of business operation

5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions

6) map indicating location of the company

7) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year)

8) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)

- Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only), or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only).

N.B.

- An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties.

- It is recommended that the applicant should apply for visa at the Thai Embassy/ Consulate in the country where he/she has the residence

3) catch a flight to singapore and submit the above the Thai embassy.

sorry for being a pain, but after my recent experiences I'd like to make it bulletproof!

:o

In answer to your three posted points: Yes

If everything is ok, Singapore will issue you a 90 day single entry non immigrant B visa. When you re-enter Thailand, take copies of your new visa and latest 90 day entry stamp to labour and this will close the loop on your work permit application.

Note that you need to do this as soon as possible, I think there is a time limit.

When your work permit is issued, you can then start work.

At my local labour department this process often takes over two months.

When your current stamp is due to expire, you then make another visa run to, say, Kuala Lumpur and apply for a one year multiple entry visa. Note that Singapore never issue 1 year multiple entry non immigrant B visas, they will always tell you to apply at your local immigration for a visa extension for business (there are tight citeria and they are very difficult to get if you work for a newly formed and/or small business).

If you work for a larger business, then as an alternative to another visa run, maybe you can succesfully apply for a business visa extension (under section 7.1 Police order 606/2549). With a visa extension you do not have to make visa runs. Visa extensions should be applied for during the last 4 weeks before your latest 'admitted until' date, at your local immigration office.

Note that if when you plan to make a subsequent visa run for a multiple entry non imigrant B visa, you must apply for your work permit to be extended at the ministry of labour before your existing permission expires. Then you have 7 days to get them copies of your new visa and latest entry stamp, once obtained.

In answer to your three posted points: Yes

If everything is ok, Singapore will issue you a 90 day single entry non immigrant B visa. When you re-enter Thailand, take copies of your new visa and latest 90 day entry stamp to labour and this will close the loop on your work permit application.

Note that you need to do this as soon as possible, I think there is a time limit.

When your work permit is issued, you can then start work.

At my local labour department this process often takes over two months.

When your current stamp is due to expire, you then make another visa run to, say, Kuala Lumpur and apply for a one year multiple entry visa. Note that Singapore never issue 1 year multiple entry non immigrant B visas, they will always tell you to apply at your local immigration for a visa extension for business (there are tight citeria and they are very difficult to get if you work for a newly formed and/or small business).

If you work for a larger business, then as an alternative to another visa run, maybe you can succesfully apply for a business visa extension (under section 7.1 Police order 606/2549). With a visa extension you do not have to make visa runs. Visa extensions should be applied for during the last 4 weeks before your latest 'admitted until' date, at your local immigration office.

Note that if when you plan to make a subsequent visa run for a multiple entry non imigrant B visa, you must apply for your work permit to be extended at the ministry of labour before your existing permission expires. Then you have 7 days to get them copies of your new visa and latest entry stamp, once obtained.

Fat chance of getting a 1 yr Multi B in KL!!

More than likely a 90 day single entry will be given.

I remember your previous posts from April and May, you were bumped by KL and you stated that:

Apparently now you need a signiture at the bottom of your last work permit stamp by the Labor Dept. stating that you have permission to extend you B Visa afor another yr.

A lot of people have been to KL every year and succesfully obtained 1 year multiple non B visas, so I have 3 questions for you:

1) On the date you applied for the non B multi, how many days of permission did you have left on the existing WP stamp?

2) Had you already made the WP5 application at labour to renew you WP extension and did you have the receipt?

3) Did your last WP entry have an extra stamp mark, which may be vertical in a square box reading [ ตัดครบปี ] this means ตัด - seperate, section off, cut ครบปี - full year, whole year. My thai is not that good, but my guess is that it means end of one year validity period?

I would be very interested in your reply, since I know quite a few people who rely on KL for non B mulitiple entry visas.

I remember your previous posts from April and May, you were bumped by KL and you stated that:

Apparently now you need a signiture at the bottom of your last work permit stamp by the Labor Dept. stating that you have permission to extend you B Visa afor another yr.

A lot of people have been to KL every year and succesfully obtained 1 year multiple non B visas, so I have 3 questions for you:

1) On the date you applied for the non B multi, how many days of permission did you have left on the existing WP stamp?

Only a few, maybe about 5

2) Had you already made the WP5 application at labour to renew you WP extension and did you have the receipt?

Didn't have the visa to apply for the W/P that is why I went to KL?

3) Did your last WP entry have an extra stamp mark, which may be vertical in a square box reading [ ตัดครบปี ] this means ตัด - seperate, section off, cut ครบปี - full year, whole year. My thai is not that good, but my guess is that it means end of one year validity period?

Don't know what you mean, however they showed me a copy of another application with a signiture under the last W/P stamp that apparently was permission to get a 1 yr. I had all the docs except this signiture????

I would be very interested in your reply, since I know quite a few people who rely on KL for non B mulitiple entry visas.

Don't know what you mean, however they showed me a copy of another application with a signiture under the last W/P stamp that apparently was permission to get a 1 yr. I had all the docs except this signiture????

Bagwain, thanks for posting a reply.

A friend of mine checked with Labour in Phuket today and they stated that there is no way a signature under the WP extension stamp can extend the validity period. The validity period does not need to be reconfirned per se.

The problem may well be as to whether your WP is re-extended.

You can apply to extend your WP permission at Labour using form WP5 before you make your visa run, noting that you will supply WP, passport and visa copies on your return. This process must be completed within 7 days.

You get a receipt from Labour when you successfully lodge your WP5. You can take this with you to show that you have filed an application to extend your WP.

Phuket Labour confirmed that some people (not everybody) with valid WPs were currently having problems getting a one year multiple non immigrant B at KL.

Bagwain, thanks for posting a reply.

A friend of mine checked with Labour in Phuket today and they stated that there is no way a signature under the WP extension stamp can extend the validity period. The validity period does not need to be reconfirned per se.

The fact is that the lady in immigration in KL showed me a signiture under the last stamp on another copy of a W/P???

The problem may well be as to whether your WP is re-extended.

I haven't had any issues with re extension yet!! (I do it 3 monthly)

You can apply to extend your WP permission at Labour using form WP5 before you make your visa run, noting that you will supply WP, passport and visa copies on your return. This process must be completed within 7 days.

I will check with my lawyer on this.

You get a receipt from Labour when you successfully lodge your WP5. You can take this with you to show that you have filed an application to extend your WP.

Phuket Labour confirmed that some people (not everybody) with valid WPs were currently having problems getting a one year multiple non immigrant B at KL.

I wonder why is is only some and not all??