Arab Drugged And Robbed On Pattaya Beach

Pattaya_Fox

Arab drugged and robbed on Pattaya Beach Road.

In the early hours of Thursday Morning, a Tourist from the United Arab Emirates made a complaint at Pattaya Police Station following a suspected drugging and robbery which took place near the entrance to Walking Street. Mr. Ahmed Mohsin Saleh Albraiki aged 42 explained that as he was walking along the beach road near Walking Street, two women and a man approached him and one of the women placed something over his mouth which rendered him unconscious. He woke up moments later and found that 9,000 Baht in cash and a mobile phone had been stolen from his trouser pocket. Remarkably no witnesses came forward to confirm the story which is now under investigation by Pattaya Police Station

Pattaya One News

post-15964-1214486999_thumb.jpg

Arab drugged and robbed on Pattaya Beach Road.

In the early hours of Thursday Morning, a Tourist from the United Arab Emirates made a complaint at Pattaya Police Station following a suspected drugging and robbery which took place near the entrance to Walking Street. Mr. Ahmed Mohsin Saleh Albraiki aged 42 explained that as he was walking along the beach road near Walking Street, two women and a man approached him and one of the women placed something over his mouth which rendered him unconscious. He woke up moments later and found that 9,000 Baht in cash and a mobile phone had been stolen from his trouser pocket. Remarkably no witnesses came forward to confirm the story which is now under investigation by Pattaya Police Station

Pattaya One News

post-15964-1214486999_thumb.jpg

deoderant ? :o

Hmmm, "in the early hours". Pretty vague description.

I guess he was just out for a casual stroll, getting a bit of fresh air.

Wonder what they used, that was able to knock him out so quickly, yet he was able to wake up "moments later". Pretty skillful thieves to, to be able to knock him out, grab his money and phone from his trouser pocket, and disappear in "moments" with no witnesses.

(Which is not likely. I don't think I've ever seen the area near the entrance to WS void of people, at any hour. More likely is that there were witnesses, but none who were willing to come forward and make a statement. The vague description could also mean he was actually a little further away (say around the parking area near the old pier). Still close to the entrance to WS, but far enough away that there could be fewer witnesses (and coincidentally, more of the kind of people that like to hang out on that side of the street for a certain purpose).

Maybe I'm just cynical. My question would be, was he really knocked out and robbed in the fashion described, or was he playing loosy-goosy with some LBs in the area, got pick-pocketed and was scared (ashamed) to admit it ? Being knocked out and robbed would be easier to explain back in the good old UAE.

//edit: Justed noticed the clock on the wall of the police station. He was in there making his report around 04:50.

Edited by Kerryd

Hmmm, "in the early hours". Pretty vague description.

More likely is that there were witnesses, but none who were willing to come forward and make a statement.

//edit: Justed noticed the clock on the wall of the police station. He was in there making his report around 04:50.

Any policeman anywhere in the world will tell you that all the witnesses are always in the bathroom at the time of the

crime. :o

Libya 115 Says:

"If someone asks you to smell a bit of cloth; just say NO"

SOURCE: Pattaya People: June 27th 2008

Arabian Tourist Falls Victim to Theft

Mr. Ahmed Albriki, from Dubai, came into Pattaya Police station on the morning of the 26th June to report that he had been drugged and robbed of his possessions.

He claimed that whilst he was talking to a group of Thais one of them asked him to smell a piece of cloth that was dangled before his face. He did so and quickly fell unconscious. When he woke up his wallet containing 79,000 baht and is Nokia mobile phone were missing and so were the Thais.

Libya 115 Says:

"If someone asks you to smell a bit of cloth; just say NO"

SOURCE: Pattaya People: June 27th 2008

Arabian Tourist Falls Victim to Theft

Mr. Ahmed Albriki, from Dubai, came into Pattaya Police station on the morning of the 26th June to report that he had been drugged and robbed of his possessions.

He claimed that whilst he was talking to a group of Thais one of them asked him to smell a piece of cloth that was dangled before his face. He did so and quickly fell unconscious. When he woke up his wallet containing 79,000 baht and is Nokia mobile phone were missing and so were the Thais.

Same chap and same day as the original post, but 2 different stories and 2 different amounts of money. Quality reporting from the Pattaya media as usual :o

He was walking around with 80k in his wallet?? :D

You're a much sexier man when you've got 80k in your pocket than 9k. :D

(could have been a missprint, where one rag reported 9k and the other 79k)

As for the rest of the story. Hmmm, got to wonder. Anyone came up to me with a piece of cloth and said "here, smell this", I'd be backpedalling in a hurry (especially at 4:30 in the morning, walking along Beach Road).

You have no idea what could be on it.

It looks like the chap wasn't too happy with having his picture taken either. :o

He was walking around with 80k in his wallet?? :o

some fukkin wallet :D

No <deleted> !

I had to carry 100k around for a short period, and that was a pretty thick wad.

I just folded a 45k wad for fun. Squeezed tight it's 1cm (half an inch) thick.

80k wouldn't be easy to fold and carry in your pocket (where it allegedly was in the first story, along with his phone), or in the wallet.

Good thing they only took his money and phone, and not his whole wallet, ID, passport and Chang shirt ! (He had his passport at the police station while making the report)