Underwater Housings For Canon Camera

Lobin

Anyone know anywhere in town that sells underwater housings for canon cameras?

I've seen underwater housings in Photobug (Chaiyaphum) but not noticed what they were suited for. Best to go have a look. Also you could try Denchai Trading Co off the NE corner of the klong.

I've seen underwater housings in Photobug (Chaiyaphum) but not noticed what they were suited for. Best to go have a look. Also you could try Denchai Trading Co off the NE corner of the klong.

tried them both and no joy, although thanks anyway.

am flying through KL tomorrow so shall see what they got in duty free there, might get lucky!

tried them both and no joy, although thanks anyway.

am flying through KL tomorrow so shall see what they got in duty free there, might get lucky!

Are you looking for an housing for a pocket digital or and SLR? I've seen the ones for pocket digs all over and for under $50 USD. Any housing for an SLR, without even thinking about the external strobes, will run at least $1,000 USD, NOT including the port. If you want the location in KL where you can find either, PM me. If you don't want to go below 18 meters, you can use the EWA Marine vinyl housings but unless you have a flash attached you will not have any reds, greens, or yellows in your picture.

Can't help you with local availability for an underwater housing for your Canon. KL or Singapore, or any dive destination in Thailand will no doubt be a better bet for sourcing this.

I'm assuming you want something for a Canon digital, waterproof to 40 meters, with full availability to all control functions.

I have one for my Canon; the same company markets a full line of underwater housings. Just google and you'll find them. I've used mine at depths slightly exceeding the maximum rated depth with no leaks. I paid about $130 USD for mine about 3 years ago. At great depth, there are issues with blue light, but there are methods and settings on the camera that can help compensate, at close/macro range. At shallow depths, ie snorkeling or in clear water down to about 10 meters, light/color is not so much an issue.

Good Luck in finding what you want!

Photo of a lobster, taken at ~ 25 meters, on reef wall in Cozumel Mexico:

post-23786-1214667134_thumb.jpg

Can't help you with local availability for an underwater housing for your Canon. KL or Singapore, or any dive destination in Thailand will no doubt be a better bet for sourcing this.

I'm assuming you want something for a Canon digital, waterproof to 40 meters, with full availability to all control functions.

I have one for my Canon; the same company markets a full line of underwater housings. Just google and you'll find them. I've used mine at depths slightly exceeding the maximum rated depth with no leaks. I paid about $130 USD for mine about 3 years ago. At great depth, there are issues with blue light, but there are methods and settings on the camera that can help compensate, at close/macro range. At shallow depths, ie snorkeling or in clear water down to about 10 meters, light/color is not so much an issue.

Great photo! Nice color too!

Yeah, color loss is a problem without a flash, at about one color frequency for each 3 meters. How does your camera compensate? Are you using a filter? I use twin strobes on mine, with long extension arms, and the dam_n thing looks like the Lunar Lander! Swimming with it is like swimming with a Lunar Lander also! Come to think of it, it looks sort of like a lobster.... :D

(Do we REALLY eat these bugs?!? And without anyone forcing us?!? And smile afterwards?!? :o )

Yeah, color loss is a problem without a flash, at about one color frequency for each 3 meters. How does your camera compensate? Are you using a filter? I use twin strobes on mine, with long extension arms, and the dam_n thing looks like the Lunar Lander! Swimming with it is like swimming with a Lunar Lander also! Come to think of it, it looks sort of like a lobster.... :D

(Do we REALLY eat these bugs?!? And without anyone forcing us?!? And smile afterwards?!? :o )

How did it taste?

How did it taste?

There is NOTHING that can compare with the taste of a live lobster (preferably a cold water Maine lobster) that has been boiled, then eaten dipped in melted butter, while sitting beside the sea listening to the cry of sea gulls and waves breaking on the shore..... Except maybe lobster that has been grilled, then eaten dipped in melted butter, while sitting beside the sea listening to the cry of sea gulls and waves breaking on the shore.....

Not even a Mike' burger tastes as good! I cry for happy! :D

Edited by FolkGuitar