Thai Govt Blocking Google Sites

samtam

I have try to acess also but they have written that :

The Thai government are again targeting google.com by blocking their popular blogging site blogspot.com. Thousands of Thai bloggers are now finding that they can no longer access their blogs from within the country. According to reports, the government were aiming at blocking only saturdayvoice.blogspot.com and a few other political sites. However, their technicians mistakenly blocked all the sub-domains used by millions of people around the world. Thai bloggers can only access their blogs by proxy servers which is now punishable by prison terms. (ThaiPhotoBlogs.com)

That article is dated 22 May. www.blogspot.com when entered in my browser redirects to https://www.blogger.com/start which opens just fine.

If everyone using a proxy server was charged with committing a crime and imprisoned then they would have to build a lot more jails. I'll admit I don't know the law but if the site isn't meant to be blocked or isn't illegal in the first place then how is using a proxy a crime? Most internet cafes in Thailand use proxies, not so much to get around blocked sites but to speed up browsing and there hasn't been any mass closures of internet cafes and owners thrown in jail, unless that has been censored...

I'll admit I don't know the law ...

...then how is using a proxy a crime?

i called TOT about the youtube problem among others and the customers service rep gave me a link to a proxy to use. TOT is recommending farangs use a proxy. pm me if you want the link that TOT gave me to use.

i called TOT about the youtube problem among others and the customers service rep gave me a link to a proxy to use. TOT is recommending farangs use a proxy. pm me if you want the link that TOT gave me to use.

I'm fine, thanks. I'm sure the use of proxy servers is absolutely fine ... unless you're attempting to access one of the (insert own made-up number here) sites blocked by the MICT or the Royal Thai Police.

Unless you believe the bit in the Computer-Related Crimes Act about concealing your IP address carrying a penalty of up to four years inside.

Is that what is meant to be blocked or is it something different? In Thailand and not using a proxy of any kind. Have you tried deleting your temporary internet files, cookies, unplugging your modem for 10 minutes etc. etc?

http://www.trueinternet.co.th/cus_config_proxy.htm

If using any sort of proxy is a problem in Thailand then why would True have the above on their website? I imagine if the moderators took a look at the internet adresses being used by posters in Thailand they would find a few users using one proxy or another including True, especially anyone posting from an internet cafe.

Edited by Reimar
deleted the quote with the private Blog address

Is that what is meant to be blocked or is it something different? In Thailand and not using a proxy of any kind. Have you tried deleting your temporary internet files, cookies, unplugging your modem for 10 minutes etc. etc?

http://www.trueinternet.co.th/cus_config_proxy.htm

If using any sort of proxy is a problem in Thailand then why would True have the above on their website? I imagine if the moderators took a look at the internet adresses being used by posters in Thailand they would find a few users using one proxy or another including True, especially anyone posting from an internet cafe.

OK ... I've think I've read through both sides, and all the small writing on the back of the card. There was something on the envelope in Thai, but I think I just about got the gist of it. And there was something scratched on the side of a bus I saw once ... but ... pretty sure nothing suggested it had to make sense.

And of course, using a proxy server doesn't always mean that you are hiding your IP address.

Edited by Reimar

Is this your way of getting web traffic?

I clicked on your link at it came up.

I use TOT in Phuket.

(only joking about the traffic by the way!)

Edited by Reimar

Hi,

I tried to send you a PM.  For some reason, every time I try to send you a message, it fails giving the reason that there much be at least 3 characters shown in the message.  For some reason, my text is being deleted.  Anyway, could you send me the TOT link; I think you know which one I'm referring to.Thanks,

Pattayadavid