Ubc On The Cheap

Sparkles

Yesterday in my letterbox was a small flyer with phone no, in Thai ,offering UBC for a once only fee of 5000 baht.No further payments and all channels. 2 years ago a work colleague was boasting that a friend of friend stitched him up with the same deal but this is pretty blatant. As equipment is involved how can they possibly get away with it ? Anyone else receive this offer. Would imagine they would be swamped with enquries.

Speak to any installed about 'cardsharing' or 'dreambox'..

Need a net connection tho..

Sattelite internet 1500 baht per month + vat.

UBC platinum package thrown in for an extra 500 Baht per month, needs a seperate dish but runs through the same modem as the internet, uses ' Dreambox '.

UBC platinum package thrown in for an extra 500 Baht per month, needs a seperate dish but runs through the same modem as the internet, uses ' Dreambox '.

Just out of curiousity does satelite internet work good ? I now got maxnet premier and im happy about it. But who knows i might move once to a place where there is no cable internet. What kind of download speeds do you get from the satelite.

Just out of curiousity does satelite internet work good ? I now got maxnet premier and im happy about it. But who knows i might move once to a place where there is no cable internet. What kind of download speeds do you get from the satelite.

Hi Rob, when I was first connected I tested my speed and got 257 , I pay for 256 kbps!

My most recent test was 220, but it certainly does vary.

I use iPStar CSLOXINFO and overall i'm pretty happy with it, the pic on UBC sometimes freezes and a reboot of the dreambox sorts it out, I think the weather may well be affecting the signal, but Internet and UBC Platinum for the price of just the UBC, I can't really complain too much. The company I used are based in Udon Thani and I live in Loei province, they are efficient and very helpful with any problems.

I have no landline where I live so don't have a lot of choice. :o

Having been used to the Internet in Japan, it certainly seems slow and I don't download when I'm at home in Thailand, but go on a downloading frenzy in Japan where I can download a movie at 600 kbps and put 8000 tracks on my iPod. :D

Edited by Maigo6

That's expensive.

1500 Baht connection fee and 2400 Baht for the box.

Yes, it's illegal and UBC fine 100.000 Baht if they find out. The choice is yours.

Are you saying this is common practice around Bangkok ?

Satellite dish or cable ?

Interesting legal issue who cops the fine the installers or the customer ,or both ?

Maybe I have had my head in the sand but have never seen this issue in newspapers or on similar forums to this .