Public Beach Access

Driving through Chaweng and Lamai, it seems that all the nice stretches of beaches are blocked off by resorts with gates and security guards. Is there anywhere one can park their car and walk down to the beach? That's one thing I have to say places like the US and Aus have going for them. The local government of a beach town would think about the little people too and build a beach side park and place to leave a car....

Yes, you 'can' walk through any property, and guards hardly stop any white faces.....however, the property is usually private and they could deny access to the property, but beaches are public and you can basically sit anywhere.

Its much easier in Bangrak, Maenam etc.....and usually quieter and cleaner too.....

In Chaweng there is a public accession where the one way drive ends. It coes up and beside Central Bay Resort and the people bringing the jetboats to the beach are also using this little road.

Happyly all the beaches in Thailand are public and you can friely stay there.icon6.gificon6.gificon6.gif

Funny enough, some beachsections look like a borderfence to me, to make them privat beaches. Is that legal? No joke this time, I know this is Thailand, but anybody knows the 'law' about this? I know about "lawenforcement" here, and that's not realy happening, but anybody knows? would be interesting to see how many structures would have to be removed, may be there are also structures too close to the beach?

all beaches in Thailand are public, there are no ' Private Beaches ', the only time it could be private is where there is no access to the beach apart from the owners land...

Lots of adverts for houses saying private beach.Some hotels, think they own some of the beaches.Even if there is no road access,there shouldn't be a problem approaching from the water :o via boat I mean.