Kluea Ging Moo

^_^

Hi,

Anyone know how to make the dish mentioned in the Title?

It's a dry stir-fried mince pork dish.

Looks a little dark yellowish so I think tumeric might have been used.

The taste is a little similar to curry and it's Extremely HOT!!!

Even the Northern Thais find this dish too spicy for their taste bud...but doesn't stop them eating it because it's quite delicious though HOT.

Anyway has the recipe (details with quantity) for this dish including cooking instructions?

Thanks in advanced.

:D)-->

QUOTE (:D @ 2008-06-29 14:09:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Anyone know how to make the dish mentioned in the Title?

It's a dry stir-fried mince pork dish.

Looks a little dark yellowish so I think tumeric might have been used.

The taste is a little similar to curry and it's Extremely HOT!!!

Even the Northern Thais find this dish too spicy for their taste bud...but doesn't stop them eating it because it's quite delicious though HOT.

Anyway has the recipe (details with quantity) for this dish including cooking instructions?

Thanks in advanced.

I'm trying to figure out what are you talking about. I know Moo is pork. I tried to Google the word Kluea Ging , but nothing comes up is that the right spelling. How about in Thai Language. :o

Do they look like this ?

YES!!!

That's the dish :o

Some made the dish using pork cubes, sliced pork or minced pork.

I've tried this dish at several food stalls in Thailand and every stall made the dish as SPICT HOT.

I think this is the HOTTEST dish in Thailand.

Do you by any chance know how to make this dish?

:D

I'm trying to figure out what are you talking about. I know Moo is pork. I tried to Google the word Kluea Ging , but nothing comes up is that the right spelling. How about in Thai Language. :o

I've tried googling it too before posting on this forum. Tried googling using using many different spellings and even Thai characters, but...the nearest result was some pictures which looks similar to the dish...but no luck with the recipes so far :D

QUOTE (:D @ 2008-07-01 23:38:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've tried googling it too before posting on this forum. Tried googling using using many different spellings and even Thai characters, but...the nearest result was some pictures which looks similar to the dish...but no luck with the recipes so far :D

Well, nobody really know what it is yet, post the Thai characters here.

QUOTE (:D @ 2008-07-01 23:32:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do they look like this ?

YES!!!

That's the dish :o

Some made the dish using pork cubes, sliced pork or minced pork.

I've tried this dish at several food stalls in Thailand and every stall made the dish as SPICT HOT.

I think this is the HOTTEST dish in Thailand.

Do you by any chance know how to make this dish?

:D

yes, I know how to cook

ingredient

1. pork 500 gram

2. kaffir lime leaf 7 leaf

3. curry paste 40 gram

4. shrimp paste

5. fish sauce

post-44243-1214973746_thumb.jpg

In thai spell like this คั่วกลิ้งหมู(Kluea Ging Moo) somewhere call Moo Kluea Gling (หมูคั่วกลิ้ง)

Cool, Thanks sunisa mystery solved.

Thanks for the Thai writing, never figure that one out.

Thanks Sunisa for your detailed recipe including photos with cooking instructions :o

But...believe it or not...your recipe and cooking instruction was exactly what I did before posted this recipe request...and...it just doesn't taste as spicy nor as good (though 70% similar) as those selling at the food stall :D

I cook quite often and therefore, have quite some experience in cooking. Having unsucessfully trying to google for the recipe, I did my best guess based on my cooking experinece and I did EXACTLY the same as the recipes you provided.

I even added some 'Kao Kluea" which helps making the dish nearer to the similarity of the real thing.

But...still short of something...

My best guess is...could be coarsely grounded white peppercorns...

I'll try again some other time :D

this curry paste is Thai southern style that cannot missed Turmeric ,the yellow color of Thai southern food

- 10 dried bird chillies

- 10 fresh bird chillies

- 1 tbs thinly sliced galanga

- 1 tbs thinly sliced lemon glass

- 1 tbs thinly sliced kaffir lime leaf

- 5 cove garlic

- 1 tbs thinly sliced turmeric

- 20 black pepper seeds

- 2 tbs young fresh pepper

- 1 tea spoon shrimp paste

- 1 tea spoon salt

In thai spell like this คั่วกลิ้งหมู(Kluea Ging Moo) somewhere call Moo Kluea Gling (หมูคั่วกลิ้ง)

Properly transliterated a la RTGS, คั่วกลิ้ง would come out in Roman letters as khua kling. Khua means to stir-fry with very little liquid (dry-fry, in some circles), while kling means 'roll over', a reference to the way the meat is rolled around the pan while frying.

Typically it's made with beef or chicken in the south, and is minced in much smaller pieces, as in the photo below.

king.jpg

Yes it can be one of Thailand's hottest dishes. Good chefs don't use curry pastes but rather a mash of cumin, chilli and turmeric, plus vegies and herbs as mentioned above. Or a special khua kling paste, เครื่องแกงคั่วกลิ้ง (khreuang kaeng khua kling).

this curry paste is Thai southern style that cannot missed Turmeric ,the yellow color of Thai southern food

- 10 dried bird chillies

- 10 fresh bird chillies

- 1 tbs thinly sliced galanga

- 1 tbs thinly sliced lemon glass

- 1 tbs thinly sliced kaffir lime leaf

- 5 cove garlic

- 1 tbs thinly sliced turmeric

- 20 black pepper seeds

- 2 tbs young fresh pepper

- 1 tea spoon shrimp paste

- 1 tea spoon salt

From the ingredients and amount based on this recipe, I have a feeling this could be the original-real thing :o

You've left out one main factor though...estimating how much meat to go with the ingredients?

One last question...what is 'Young fresh pepper"?

Whatever, thanks for the recipes :D