Wellness Check Up

johnfb

With my current medical cover I get annually a free wellness check up up to a value of 11,300 Baht. I currently am a member at Bumrungrad and BNH. Any advice on where to go to get this health check over done? Also at aged 52 which wellness check over should I ask for? I dont mind paying a bit more myself if I can get a very thorough check over....Thank you.

With my current medical cover I get annually a free wellness check up up to a value of 11,300 Baht. I currently am a member at Bumrungrad and BNH. Any advice on where to go to get this health check over done? Also at aged 52 which wellness check over should I ask for? I dont mind paying a bit more myself if I can get a very thorough check over....Thank you.

I think BNH is more expensive than Bumrungrad.

Get the best check you can and add on anything that is bothering you.

Probably you should have gastroscopy and colonoscopy done and Stress Test for heart health check-up. Colonoscopy will be done under sedation and gastroscopy should be done under sedation otherwise you will probably be so uncomfortable that doctor will rush it. At Bumrungrad Dr Virasak is very experienced for gastro-intestinal and Dr. Visuit for heart.

Also I would have PSA, CEA, and CA 19-9 done just to make sure no cancers lurking.

Edited by Tammi

• 3 months later...
and for 11-15k will i get everything?

Ok I am booked into Bumrungrad for 13k Baht for their top of the range check up....I hope it's good news!

HI,

Just searching the forum about these wellness checkups and found your post.

How did it all go? Good value? Happy with all results and procedures?

I am coming over from Oz in about 7 weeks and am thinking of having the same wellness check.

Thanks!

HI,

Just searching the forum about these wellness checkups and found your post.

How did it all go? Good value? Happy with all results and procedures?

I am coming over from Oz in about 7 weeks and am thinking of having the same wellness check.

Thanks!

If your insurance doesn't cover the cost then you could go to Saint Louis hospital they are much cheaper, speak English and have a good reputation.

Edited by yeti

Recently had the executive check up at Bumrungrad. It cost 13,000Baht but ended up costing more as I had several test and x-rays that are not normally included. All in all it was a very complete physical and took about 4 hours plus a bit of time two days later to go through the results of the test with me. The only bit I wasn't happy with was the Dr. who did the summary of the results with me seemed to be in a hurry to get somewhere else.

The final bill included the scrips I needed (mostly for blood pressure control). I understand if you ask the Dr. for the informations you can get the presciptions much cheaper over the counter, like Tesco.

Will go back in a couple of years for another check up. It is easy and theyn lead you around to the different test etc.