Cheap Thai Style Furnishings & Plants

girlx

when i was on koh phangan, all i could find in the way of furnishings for a house was the Thai style stuff. now in BKK, i really want that stuff and can't find it! i am talking about the reed mats and triangle pillows and thin fold out mattresses etc. anyone know where i can get them? (i am guessing chatuchak, but anywhere else?) also, i don't know of a single plant nursery in the city- do you? (again, other than chatuchak)... maybe i will just have to give in and make a trip to chatuchak!

i am talking about the reed mats and triangle pillows and thin fold out mattresses etc. anyone know where i can get them?

Isetan Department Store 3rd or 4th floor, near the restroom.

i don't know of a single plant nursery in the city- do you? (again, other than chatuchak)... maybe i will just have to give in and make a trip to chatuchak!

They're everywhere but usually not anywhere readily accessible if you don't have a car. There's subway station right where the plant market is in Jatujak (minute's walk from Otoko market). I usually buy my plants (trees) from my condo gardening contractor.

Edited by Nordlys

Suan Lum Night Bazaar has a wide range of home furnishing items, accessories and furniture, including the reed matts and triangle pillows you are looking for. Chatuchak will be cheaper through. About the plants, if you're looking for low maintenance house plants, the small shop at the entrance of the Emporium Gourmet market has a great selection of house plants. Hope this helps.