Furnishing Condo

I'm furnishing my condo and thinking about buying some furniture from Apina. Anyone had any experience with them before. Are their prices fixed or is it possible to negotiate for a discount if buying over a certain amount?

Experiences anybody?

I have bought from APINA in Central World for 2 seperate condos. They generally will discount on a sliding scale - the more you buy the larger the percentage gets! If I recall correctly I spent about 120K Baht which was discounted down to 93K or some such.

Am quite happy with the furniture 7 months on.

Good luck.

Haven't bought from them. That was mainly due to the stuff they had didn't really fit with what we were looking for.

That said. They have some nice stuff. Relatively they seem expensive for Thailand, but the quality does look better than cheaper stuff you see around. So probably vfm. When enquiring and discussing items, they were prepared to discount the prices. Didn't really push too much on how much/ what terms as I'd tend to do that only once I've really decided to buy, rather than just making enquiries.

Thank you for your replies. I called them yesterday and there was no negotiation required at all. For a purchase of just over 100k they would give me a 20% discount. They do have a scale, which if I remember rightly was over 300k purchase it's 25% off and it was over 100 or 50k 20% off (can't remember numbers). I think it was below 50k you get 15% off.

For the quality you get it seems reasonably priced.

A lot of furniture at other stores just seems to be thickly finished board so you can't really tell what's underneath, seems a good recipe for peeling and falling apart.

Thank you for your replies. I called them yesterday and there was no negotiation required at all. For a purchase of just over 100k they would give me a 20% discount. They do have a scale, which if I remember rightly was over 300k purchase it's 25% off and it was over 100 or 50k 20% off (can't remember numbers). I think it was below 50k you get 15% off.

A lot of furniture at other stores just seems to be thickly finished board so you can't really tell what's underneath, seems a good recipe for peeling and falling apart.

Go to Seacon and look for a place called Podium. Much more range and higher grade than Alpina, some of which is genuine wood and some of which is vineers.

Podium is 95% export to Japan; more quality, better design better choice of wood and above all....cheaper!

Go to Seacon and look for a place called Podium. Much more range and higher grade than Alpina, some of which is genuine wood and some of which is vineers.

Podium is 95% export to Japan; more quality, better design better choice of wood and above all....cheaper!

http://www.podium.co.th/podium/home_center_page.php