How To Get Aussie Dollars To Thailand

I have a bank account in Australia, also a Baht account in Thailand with Bangkok Bank.

I'm about to go on holiday to Nepal, and want to take around $A2,000. I'm here on a non-imm visa though hope to change to a retirement visa before I depart.

If I open an AUD (foreign currency) account with BKK Bank, am I able to transfer the money as AUD, then simply withdraw it all?

Are there fees attached to this? Can't imagine it operating as a free service! :o

Could be I'd better off transferring to my Baht account then buying AUD, notwithstanding the spread.

Grateful for any insightful comments before I actually try this!

Why would you want Australian dollars in Nepal?

And why bother with all sorts of accounts?

Presumably you have an ATM card for this account in Australia? If so, withdraw in baht (good rate at the moment against the Aussie).

Then convert to US, and take those to Nepal.

Presumably you have an ATM card for this account in Australia? If so, withdraw in baht (good rate at the moment against the Aussie).

Thanks for the reply bendix.

AUD equally useable there, plus, I can use any extra on any return to Oz.

Of course I could rely on my ATM card in Nepal, but I would prefer the security of cash.

I was hoping to avoid the spread involved converting AUD to Baht (the source of my BKK Bank funds was AUD) then Baht to AUD.

Unsure of the amount of hassle in opening an AUD foreign currency account here. I suppose that was part of my query!