Outdoor Furniture

Sledge71

Can anyone recommend where to buy teak or hardwood outdoor furniture in Phuket. A round table with chairs to go in a sala and to seat 8-10 people. Ideally a place with a website as I want to order here in chiang mai and have it delivered on the island.

Any help appreciated.

Sledge.

Can anyone recommend where to buy teak or hardwood outdoor furniture in Phuket. A round table with chairs to go in a sala and to seat 8-10 people. Ideally a place with a website as I want to order here in chiang mai and have it delivered on the island.

Any help appreciated.

Sledge.

Cheaper to buy it in Chiang Mai and send down here, that's where places like Island Furniture get theirs from. Phuket Intercraft next door to Island Furniture make a lot of their stuff here in Phuket and from my experience are very good and fair priced, don't think they have a web site though.Island Furniture are VERY expensive from what i've found.

Any help appreciated.

Sledge.

It appears that you're in Chiang Mai now. Have you been to the various shops along the road between Hang Dong and the crafts village (don't remember the name)? We spent one day last year traveling up and down that road, buying all sorts of indoor and outdoor furniture, as well as some big art pieces from numerous shops in that area. The shop we bought the most from (custom made bedroom furniture from our specs) arranged the consolidation and shipping of everything to Phuket. We just showed them the receipts from all the other shops and they collected everything and had it packed and shipped when our custom furniture was ready. We had nearly a truckload, and the packing/shipping charge was only about 18,000 baht.

We didn't buy much outdoor furniture, but we did get some nice, heavy teak chaise loungers for under 4,000 baht each, and those fold-up teak chairs you see everywhere for 1,000 baht each. About twice that amount (or more) in Phuket. I wouldn't bother with the shops that are actually in the crafts village, as the quality there didn't seem to be nearly as good as what we found at the other end of the road, closer to Hang Dong.

We've had really good luck with a company that has their showroom at MBK in Bangkok, and their factory in Chiang Mai. I designed some large teak floor-to-ceiling "built-ins" and gave them detailed drawings and dimensions. There was just about zero tolerance for error, and they executed perfectly. I'm still amazed by the quality of their work - not cheap, but worth every satang. When the furniture was completed, 3 guys drove it down to Phuket in a small truck, and spent about half a day putting it all together, all for a shipping fee of 8,000 baht. They have a website (www furnitureway dot net), and I believe they also make outdoor furniture. Perhaps the boss (Khun Oy) in BKK can tell you where their factory is in Chiang Mai - they should be able to make anything you need.

• 4 months later...

I have to recommend Beautiful World, they import teak from java. It helps if you buy quantity but their teak is quality and comes 30% cheaper than the Thai plantation teak from Chaing mai.(which if not looked after will fall apart in months)..showroom on Kamala hill.

take a look www.beautifulworldthailand.com

Edited by snakehips