New Police Requirement

"...have spent most of the past 30 years working here and based on that I would say that suspicion was a very reasonable reaction on my part. As for fear, seems to me like you are taking a cheap shot by implying that my reaction indicated an unreasonable fear AKA paranoia."

Well then, in your 30 years of working in BKK, please provide us with your reasonable reaction of suspicion, fear, and paranoia. You're quite in a fit, fearing both providing and not providing a phone number...and you think you're reasonable. So be it.

Perhaps you are sure what you mean, but I am not. Anyway, seems to me it's really just a case of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' - one of those dilemmas that life has in store. Actually, I have to agree that a practiced liar would have probably gotten away with thinking of a fake number right in front of the officer who was waiting expectantly with pen in hand, so 'mea culpa' if you like for not being a practiced liar, but, LOS has quite enough of those already.

As for urban myths, who says you have to have a WP to get a mobile? Or a bank account?

I recently tried to get a monthly mobile account (not pre-paid card) from DTAC and was told I had to have a work permit. I asked several clerks about this and got the same answer.

Agreed - an Urban myth.

True DOES issue post paid monthly invoices if you don't have a Work Permit.

Edited by Andiamo