Is There A Van Service Running From Bkk To Pattaya...?

thai thai

Hey Pattaya Residents....

Is there an 'express' non-stop VAN SERVICE running from Bkk to Pattaya (and back)...?

If so, whers can I catch it, and were does it stop in Patters...?

Grats...

Good luck. I tried that ONE time. Yes it's non stop, BUT by the time it picked up and dropped off everyone from hotels, condos, etc. it took much longer than the bus. What's wrong with the bus?

there are 2 min van companies that i know of running from victory monument in bkk

i have been satisfied with both so far

150 baht one way

and faster than the buses

one operates near topps at pattaya klang and pattaya 2

I have given this advice before and I will give it again.

The mini bus drivers are completely unregulated and they do the round trip many times in one day and and are generally very reckless drivers.

More than one has fallen asleep at the wheel, with terrible loss of life, including farangs.

IMHO, it's the most dangerous form of transport to Bangkok.

But it's your choice :o

The mini bus drivers are completely unregulated and they do the round trip many times in one day and and are generally very reckless drivers.

More than one has fallen asleep at the wheel, with terrible loss of life, including farangs.

What advice would you give to someone seeking the safest form?

The train. But bring along a good book to read.

I would say the safest is by private, chauffeur driven car, having first checked out the driver.

Then , assuming you are an experienced driver in Thailand, would be to drive your self.

Then, by air con bus from the Pattaya Nua terminal. Most of these bus drivers are pretty good, and they don't hair along and stop all over the place to pick up extra fares. The busses are usually full when they leave.

I would say the safest is by private, chauffeur driven car, having first checked out the driver.

And I'd disagree, as there is NO way that any car would ever be as safe as the train!

But you'd be wrong, as there's absolutely NO way that any car will be safer than the train. Otherwise your estimations are rational enough. :o

Then , assuming you are an experienced driver in Thailand, would be to drive your self.

Then, by air con bus from the Pattaya Nua terminal. Most of these bus drivers are pretty good, and they don't hair along and stop all over the place to pick up extra fares. The busses are usually full when they leave.

I've tried these buses from the bus terminal in Pattaya Nua a few times, last time the fee was 110bt one way, but they do stop anywhere and everywhere to let passengers off and pick up new ones and it takes 3-4 hours to get to Bangkok, ok if your not in a hurry!

But you'd be wrong, as there's absolutely NO way that any car will be safer than the train. Otherwise your estimations are rational enough. :D

I'm not disagreeing, but even trains here don't have a good safety record. These single track lines aren't exactly the safest way to go, and it was only a couple of months or back that a train hit a car at a crossing in Pattaya. It happens all the time.

But never the less, statistically, I'm sure you're right - if you have all day to kill. :o

I've tried these buses from the bus terminal in Pattaya Nua a few times, last time the fee was 110bt one way, but they do stop anywhere and everywhere to let passengers off and pick up new ones and it takes 3-4 hours to get to Bangkok, ok if your not in a hurry!

You apparently took the wrong bus. The air con buses don't stop to pick up passengers.