What Thai Women Think About Farang

NoSpeakIt

steveromagnino is a luek krung and he posted this in another thread. i am not saying i agree with what he has written or that he knows Thai women better than the farang who post here. that is why i created this thread, to discuss his list. so what did he get right and what did he get wrong?

general preconceived notions about westerners held by many middle class/upper class Thai women educated in the west:

- the best ones don't usually want to date a non westerner

- the ones in BKK are usually scumbags and idiots vs. the westerners in a western country (i.e. dregs)

- a lot of western men here would rather hang out with Isaan hos and dark skinned women than me

- I am scared what people will think of me if I am around a westerner

- western men are better looking/good looking BUT not the ones I have ever met

- I don't know what we would talk about - not much in common

- I don't know where we would go together or do - most westerners don't speak Thai, can't enjoy Thai food, can't enjoy meeting my friends

- can he be trusted

- will he stay here (if met here) long term as Thailand is not a great place for many westerners to work

- will he get/hold a decent job

- his friends are f&*King idiots

- does he have enough manners not to embarrass me (most important for the higher status Thais) in front of workmates/friends/family

so is he right about you/farang?

Edited by NoSpeakIt

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve is well known on here for backing Thai/Thai relationships and putting down those foreigners who show arrogance in the relationship stakes. I was expecting to read some pretty strong points that could be offensive and/or highly subjective, but his list below is accurate in my opinion. I've added some waffle.

steveromagnino is a luek krung and he posted this in another thread. i am not saying i agree with what he has written or that he knows Thai women better than the farang who post here. that is why i created this thread, to discuss his list. so what did he get right and what did he get wrong?

general preconceived notions about westerners held by many middle class/upper class Thai women educated in the west:

- the best ones don't usually want to date a non westerner

- the ones in BKK are usually scumbags and idiots vs. the westerners in a western country (i.e. dregs)

they see how farang in Thailand play around so are extra careful.

- a lot of western men here would rather hang out with Isaan hos and dark skinned women than me

- I am scared what people will think of me if I am around a westerner

Not so much. We're talking about girls educated in the West, they're less concerned about that.

- western men are better looking/good looking BUT not the ones I have ever met

- I don't know what we would talk about - not much in common

The girls that can speak good English seem to actually enjoy the communication and topics with foreigners.

- I don't know where we would go together or do - most westerners don't speak Thai, can't enjoy Thai food, can't enjoy meeting my friends

- can he be trusted

- will he stay here (if met here) long term as Thailand is not a great place for many westerners to work

- will he get/hold a decent job

- his friends are f&*King idiots

- does he have enough manners not to embarrass me (most important for the higher status Thais) in front of workmates/friends/family

so is he right about you/farang?

In your eagerness to discuss what Thai women think of foreign men, you seem to only have discussed what you tell us steveromagnino has posted on another thread (a link would be nice on that one).

However, I note you have not departed from the tone of your other posts here on TV, that of half backed attacks on foreigners who are in relationships with Thais.

If you were a little brighter you might manage something more original.

I'd draw the line at suggesting you might ever contribute something positive to TV... but let's play the long game and wait and see, your frontal lobes might yet develop.

Edited by GuestHouse

:D:D:D I just do love you all those threads; keep em coming all night long men; yahhhhhhhhooooooooooooooo :o

And that on your birthday ? :D

oh dear! :D you just made me laugh out loud ! :D

In your eagerness to discuss what Thai women think of foreign men, you seem to only have discussed what you tell us steveromagnino has posted on another thread (a link would be nice on that one).

However, I note you have not departed from the tone of your other posts here on TV, that of half backed attacks on foreigners who are in relationships with Thais.

If you were a little brighter you might manage something more original.

I'd draw the line at suggesting you might ever contribute something positive to TV... but let's play the long game and wait and see, your frontal lobes might yet develop.

thank you for your criticism. i am in a relationship with a Thai. is it really that horrible when someone has an opinion other than your own? you must have a tough time in life if you feel the need to get angry and insult someone becasue they see things differently than you do. i would recommend being more open minded, listening to other opinions and taking what you want from it and leaving the rest. Btw, I hope your future posts in this thread offer more than character attacks.

He got em all right, which i dont think was his intention. I bet all the educated women of the world, thai or not, who know a little about thailand think farangs who take up residence in thailand are of dubious quality.

Edited by cynthialee

He got em all right, which i dont think was his intention. I bet all the educated women of the world, thai or not, who know a little about thailand think farangs who take up residence in thailand are of dubious quality.

shh theirs 1 thing missing, how big is ur ATM

Fortunately us dubious farangs couldnt care less what the women of the world think.

Ive read some of your posts and you seem to be a farang man hater.

ok, now that weve established the list is correct, lets discuss whether they are right or wrong.

Im not a fan of upper class Thai women theyre so far up their own ass its untrue.

Why are you only worried what wealthier people think of you dont the poor count?

ok, now that weve established the list is correct, lets discuss whether they are right or wrong.

You have not established that the list is correct, to do so you'd have to ask a representative sample of Thai women what is their opinions of Farang men - That being the title of your thread - or had you not noticed?!

You have not established that the list is correct, to do so you'd have to ask a representative sample of Thai women what is their opinions of Farang men - That being the title of your thread - or had you not noticed?!

we have established that in the posters experience, they believe that this list accurately described thai women's views of farang. as long as we trust that the posters do in fact know wealthy thai women, we can accept that the board accepts this list to be accurate.

you dont seem to like this thread, you are allowed to stop posting and reading in it, you know.

Poor chicks have only one view of the farang! cha ching! the lovely sound of the atm dispenser dispensing baht!

wow that is quite harsh. you do realize that the majority of farang date/marry a Thai from this social bracket. isn't your comment insulting to all these guys?

why are they "so far up their ass"?

i would also like to read a list on poor Thai women's view of farang if youd like to make one.

What as opposed to asking poor Thai women their views on Farang men,.... Oh yes of course I forgot.. that's in the spirit of the thread, to determine the views of Thai women by not asking Thai women.

So what are we talking about here? Middle to upper class Thai women? The OP post has some truth in it. But Pizzas are not pepperoni and cheese,

A lot of women who are not after money but just a serous relationship will have these thoughts.

Will he stay here for a long time? If he dose how can he support him self? Will he enjoy friend’s blah blah blah. Sounds like a normal down to earth thing for a nice chick.

For sure a lot will totally ignore westerners for what ever personal reason they think. They are shy, there family will disapprove, She’s a stuck up #####, She is rich enough to be free from a relationship; she had a western man before but got burnt in the relationship. X 100 more reasons. Who know who cares. But they are out there.

So some poor Thai woman’s of westerns, walking talking ATM, security in a relationship. Grew up in there home town with good views of westerners, was taught by the parents its better to date a western, they have been played around by to many Thai men and want to date Thai men anymore, so on,

Never the less Thailand is growing and so are there views!

why are they "so far up their ass"?

i would also like to read a list on poor Thai women's view of farang if youd like to make one.

What as opposed to asking poor Thai women their views on Farang men,.... Oh yes of course I forgot.. that's in the spirit of the thread, to determine the views of Thai women by not asking Thai women.

GuestHouse, with the all knowing posters on this Forum, why should we actually take into consideration the true feelings of Thai women ?

The Farang posters here will enlighten us as to feelings of Thai women, of course, we'll take all the rubbish they write seriously. :o

there you are, down below a sample of 1, and by the sound of it your list is wrong or exaggerated at best. So far the only thing that has been established is your obsession with what other Thai people may think of you and by extension all other farang in Thailand. It sounds like you're parroting what other people have said/wrote/commented online to believe as truth. In real life things aren't so clear cut or absolute as in your original list, in fact behaviours keep changing. You will surprised in how proactive are Thai ladies in sourcing good farang man. Best advice for you, go out there and see things for yourself rather than posting over here.

Wrong

No comment

Most likely

Partly

False

False

Partly true

Probably

True

True

No comment

Probably

Only partly

Now do I get anything for participating? :o

Well, for a "Thaï woman" to think like that implies she is not from Isaan and has a white skin ...

It consequently excludes 80% of the population.

So according to teacup steve doenst have a clue ! as he got some right and some wrong.

dam_n he sounds so confidant in his postings............lol. one would think he knew everything thai.

The statement that farangs like darker is fact. Go to anywhere where the farang has a choice in his women a lot will go for the dark issarn types. The pale white skinned girls say they wish they were born blackish too...............lol.

Edited by cynthialee