What Thai Women Think About Farang

NoSpeakIt

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So according to teacup steve doenst have a clue ! as he got some right and some wrong.

dam_n he sounds so confidant in his postings............lol. one would think he knew everything thai.

The statement that farangs like darker is fact. Go to anywhere where the farang has a choice in his women a lot will go for the dark issarn types. The pale white skinned girls say they wish they were born blackish too...............lol.

Hi cynthia. Are you a reincarnation of Blizzard?

steveromagnino is a luek krung and he posted this in another thread. ....etc....etc

I am unclear on what basis these conclusions are made? Poll? Study? Just drivel from some guys mind?

Most of this is blanket fallacy, no basis for truth.

- the best ones don't usually want to date a non westerner

Completely wrong

- the ones in BKK are usually scumbags and idiots vs. the westerners in a western country (i.e. dregs)

Woman in question has never been lucky enough to encounter U.S. "Trailer Trash"

- a lot of western men here would rather hang out with Isaan hos and dark skinned women than me

B.S., pretty is pretty........

- I am scared what people will think of me if I am around a westerner

I'd say this one is 50%-50%, depending on lady's family and friends.

- western men are better looking/good looking BUT not the ones I have ever met

This is nonsense

- I don't know what we would talk about - not much in common

Happens in same culture meetings too, this can be said about any relationship

- I don't know where we would go together or do - most westerners don't speak Thai, can't enjoy Thai food, can't enjoy meeting my friends

Nonsense again, case by case scenario

- can he be trusted

can anyone be trusted?

- will he stay here (if met here) long term as Thailand is not a great place for many westerners to work

Why would she say that? I happen to be working in a beautiful place, will probably expand south, I keep more money that I make as my overhead is lower............

- will he get/hold a decent job

she'll know that after the first ten minutes

- his friends are f&*King idiots

blanket batch of bull*hit

- does he have enough manners not to embarrass me (most important for the higher status Thais) in front of workmates/friends/family

As long as she explains important cultural matters that might embarass her, hopefully avoiding problem

The only one on steves list im 100% confidant in .

Farangs do like dam dam girls. black thai chicks! in thailand black is NOT considered pretty! just go ask a dam thai! if the dam dams had money they could be like michael jackson and turn themselves into a whitey, id bet they would do it.

ok ok white thais dont say they wish they were born blackish,, it was a joke.

Edited by cynthialee

So what are we talking about here? Middle to upper class Thai women? The OP post has some truth in it. But Pizzas are not pepperoni and cheese,

A lot of women who are not after money but just a serous relationship will have these thoughts.

Will he stay here for a long time? If he dose how can he support him self? Will he enjoy friend's blah blah blah. Sounds like a normal down to earth thing for a nice chick.

For sure a lot will totally ignore westerners for what ever personal reason they think. They are shy, there family will disapprove, She's a stuck up #####, She is rich enough to be free from a relationship; she had a western man before but got burnt in the relationship. X 100 more reasons. Who know who cares. But they are out there.

So some poor Thai woman's of westerns, walking talking ATM, security in a relationship. Grew up in there home town with good views of westerners, was taught by the parents its better to date a western, they have been played around by to many Thai men and want to date Thai men anymore, so on,

Never the less Thailand is growing and so are there views!

I don’t even remember typing this, I was pretty AXED, why did I mention pepperoni pizza? lol!

most all of the post is just a generalisation and ignorance of most Thais rich or not,

I for one treat people as i find them any other way just shows ignorance.

my wife happens to be quite light skinned and doesnt care what other people think of me, infact neither of us care what anyone thinks i can walk down the street anywhere with my love and Im proud to be with her and Im sure she feels the same.

Let uncle Don answer all your questions.

Poor isaan woman or Girls who moved to the red light districts (gnerally) only want your money and know that farangs are easily fooled and think of them as walking fat ATM's

Richer Thai girls wouldnt touch a farang over 10 years there age. They look for a guy like me. Im the man of there dreams

So according to teacup steve doenst have a clue ! as he got some right and some wrong.

dam_n he sounds so confidant in his postings............lol. one would think he knew everything thai.

The statement that farangs like darker is fact. Go to anywhere where the farang has a choice in his women a lot will go for the dark issarn types. The pale white skinned girls say they wish they were born blackish too...............lol.

I have heard this a lot from Thai girls.

Is it true?

Do farangs generally prefer darker skinned girls?

It is ... (drumroll) ... NOT true.

Why then do we see quite a lot of farangs with dark skinned girls? Well, that is actually easy. There are many guys that go out to have a good time. The first decent looking girl that really pays attention to them and makes an effort usually runs away with the price. I have often seen that the darker skinned girls are more agressive and faster movers. And once the farang has his hands around the waste of one of those girls (or has her phone number if we are talking a slower moving relationship (my preference)) - she already has a good headstart. Therefore, it may seem like he picked the dark-skinned girl, but in reality very often she picked him.

Farangs don't particularly prefer darker skinned Thais - not at all. If the pale ones that say that they wish they were darker would be similarly slow movers as they are now they would not be any better off no matter how dark they are. Probably worse off.

Let uncle Don answer all your questions.

Poor isaan woman or Girls who moved to the red light districts (gnerally) only want your money and know that farangs are easily fooled and think of them as walking fat ATM's

Richer Thai girls wouldnt touch a farang over 10 years there age. They look for a guy like me. Im the man of there dreams

Indeed, you're even on the cover of the book they wrote a book about you...

__300x459.jpg

Go to anyplace where girls are on offer. Farangs will choose the issarn types way more ofthen then they go for the thai chineesy types.

The girls know this and act accordingly. The tanned girls better act fast as there are more asians on the prowl than farangs, its just a numbers game and for the dark ones the number are not in their favor.

He got em all right, which i dont think was his intention. I bet all the educated women of the world, thai or not, who know a little about thailand think farangs who take up residence in thailand are of dubious quality.

shh theirs 1 thing missing, how big is ur ATM

The Atm's that I use seem to all be about the same size regardless of what bank you use however if you use an instore one they can be smaller then an outdoor one that needs to be more secure. :o

First off thanks for posting my little list; let's just understand what the list is and what it isn't:

It is a response to BKKJames, in fact I specifically said : 'BKKJames - general preconceived notions about westerners held by many middle class/upper class Thai women educated in the west:....

It is not reality, it is not a majority, it is nothing relevant to all Thai women; it is merely a list of what I believe and stand by are the general expectations of westerners held by the many Thai women that I am related to, work with, know and studied with who often seem to comment on various points of this or in casual conversation if not for the reason that many of my western mates have tried using me as a gobetween to hit on some. As a fluent Thai speaker (not perfect, far from it, but good enough) and holding several jobs that involve a lot of talking, I would not say this is definitive, none of it is necessarily true and there are truckloads of women that think differently.

You can go through and shoot down or agree or not agree, but at least understand where the list came from.

And incidentally, I stand by my list. BTW some women might think one point on the list, some might think several. Some might think none. If any of you want to go through like Huggy Bear and disagree, fine with me. But at the end of the day, my sample is based on knowing hundreds of Thais from abroad in the middle/upper class, and I am as entitled to my opinion as each of you is to yours.

That's why I started with the caveat 'many middle class/upper class Thai women educated in the west' and 'general preconceived notions'

wrong on most counts, there are a lot of great jobs in Thailand, many mulit-nationals hiring as well as local Thai companies, for the right skills, you can make more money here than back home. I find the women i meet through the course of everyday work, middle to high class Thai's enjoy my company. I am sure there are many dregs here but also certainly a lot of good people, just working and enjoying life...i think you need to find some new friends.

He got em all right, which i dont think was his intention. I bet all the educated women of the world, thai or not, who know a little about thailand think farangs who take up residence in thailand are of dubious quality.

shh theirs 1 thing missing, how big is ur ATM

I wear a t-shirt now ATM closed :o

my sample is based on knowing hundreds of Thais from abroad in the middle/upper class, and I am as entitled to my opinion as each of you is to yours.

/quote]

So out of these "hundreds of Thais" you know, you specifically heard answers to these particulars from every one............and remembered that all those hundreds were in agreement....

hmmmmmmmmm.........((cough)....bullsh*t, (augh-cough) bullshi*t)

Can those who disagree with Steve's list tell us how many upper class Thai women they know and whether or not they speak Thai fluently and how many jobs they have had in Thailand, if we can judge each person's range of exposure to this segment of Thai society, perhaps it will give us a better idea of who has is more likely to be right.

Are there any other luk kruengs on this forum? Or are there any "raised in the West Thais" that can comment?

A young Thai taxidriver asked me with a big smile if it was true what his female friends had told him - that Farangs have bigger well... you know.. than Thai men. I just smiled, and said I have no idea - never been with a Thai guy. ;-)

The young taxidriver was smiling because the other side of that folktale is that Thai women also say that farang are not as hard or long-lasting as Thai men, either. I guess it is an issue of design over function. :o

So, if you are going to embrace the hype, you might as well understand all of it.

It is not reality, it is not a majority, it is nothing relevant to all Thai women

I would not say this is definitive

none of it is necessarily true

Well Thank God!!!...

Now we have a reason to close this monstrous mess as it was all created as a misquoted misunderstanding.

:o

Edited by sriracha john

It is not reality, it is not a majority, it is nothing relevant to all Thai women

I would not say this is definitive

none of it is necessarily true

Well Thank God!!!...

Now we have a reason to close this monstrous mess as it was all created as a misquoted misunderstanding.

:o

Right behind you I see the millions.

On you I see the glory.

From you I get opinions.

From you I get the story.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

There was no misunderstanding. He stated these are things that the majority of Thai women from this social bracket believe. Of course, you can never say "everyone does this or everyone does that". If you want to close the thread because of that, you might as well close every thread and the forum.

Can those who disagree with Steve's list tell us how many upper class Thai women they know and whether or not they speak Thai fluently and how many jobs they have had in Thailand, if we can judge each person's range of exposure to this segment of Thai society, perhaps it will give us a better idea of who has is more likely to be right.

I disagree with the list as quoted by yourself – but agree with Steve's explanation and caveats.

Number of upper class Thai women I know – I’ve not kept a count, but several tens of individuals would be my estimate; within Thailand mostly people I have met through work and social contacts, outside of Thailand mostly members of the Thai diplomatic corps.

Thai language skills, - I like how Steve puts it ‘Fluent but not perfect – To give that some meaning - I use my written and spoken Thai in meetings and communications with clients.

Number of Jobs in Thailand – One job ( a professional position with a multinational), working with seven client organizations all major companies and again a source of contact with ‘upper class Thais’ – Total 12 years.

There was no misunderstanding. He stated these are things that the majority of Thai women from this social bracket believe. Of course, you can never say "everyone does this or everyone does that". If you want to close the thread because of that, you might as well close every thread and the forum.

actually, I said 'many' not 'majority' if i recall correctly....and only with regards to trying to explain why you see plenty of relationships between working class Thai women in BKK and farangs, and yet you see far fewer at a higher socio economic level.

Huggy Bear, I have had thousands of conversations with thousands of people, and yes, some people have said some of the things above in this list - all the points in this list have come up more than once.

I am sure you would surely agree that commenting that 'many' people say certain things (an element of projection is indeed involved, but I stand by my OPINION) is not the same as needing them to all agree on the exact same thing for me to say 'many people have a certain belief'. I did not say I had conducted a survey or academic research on this!

As a 1/2 Thai, you'd be amazed how often I have to listen to farangs Thai bash (because supposedly I am able to understand the Thai mindset and somehow do something about it) and yet also how often I have to listen to Thais vent about all these farang attributes that may or may not be true.

Fact. Majority of middle/upper class Thai women don't have and are not likely to have a farang husband.

Theory 1. They would if they could.

Theory 2. They have some reason why they don't.

Theory 3. Horses for courses; some would if they could, some simply don't wanna.

I just happen to prefer theory 3. And I have a theory why. Whether you agree or not, is up to you.

'So out of these "hundreds of Thais" you know, you specifically heard answers to these particulars from every one............and remembered that all those hundreds were in agreement....

hmmmmmmmmm.........((cough)....bullsh*t, (augh-cough) bullshi*t)'

So if I wish to say many of my friends are worried about global warming then, the only way to quantify this statement is to ask EVERY FRIEND this exact question, document it, and then they all have to be agreement for me to say anything about them?

Huggy Bear, you would make a great lawyer; comments like this remind me of the Law Prof that took me through the finer points of standard of proof with regards to some of Lord Denning's comments. :o:D

Again, I agree with Steve.

But here's a point - Steve is giving his opinion based on his experience.

The OP is taking a partial quote from ANOther post by Steve and using that as a preposition while at the same time asking 'what Thai women think about Farangs'.

If the OP wants to know what Thai women think about Farangs he ought to try asking a few.

If the OP wants to give an opinion what Thai women think about Farangs, he might then use the findings of his own experience.

Posting a partial quotation from somebody else because it seems to agree with the OP's own preconceived ideas on the subject is an indication of nothign else other than the OPs personal prejudices.

And... as Steve has come to tell us is a clear missuse and misrepresentation of what Steve himself was saying.