How Do I Keep Local Thais Off My Property.

The pre-cast concrete fence posts with several rows of barbed wire is a fairly economical solution. We painted the posts green and it's both unobtrusive and effective.

I tried this and it worked for a short while but then strands of barb wire started to disappear to point it wasn't much of a fence so I had the in-laws pull what remained of wire and all post. Wall is the only way to go.

Trespassing is a criminal offense. A clear photograph proves the trasspass. If a police report is filed, the police are required to arrest the tresspasser.

If you start taking photos, maybe they will get the idea.

I would definitely build a cement block wall round the whole site as tall as possible with broken glass on top. This is not only to stop what is happening now but to highlight any problems that may arise in the future after you have built your house and suddenly find there is a right of way over your property or something similar.

Defining your boundaries first and letting them stand for some time will make it more difficult for a dispute about boundaries at a later date after you have spent more money and your short and curlys are vulnerable. :o

Also with a solid wall round your property snakes will only have access through the gate so you should get fewer. :D

Your father-in-law is Thai, and knows and understands Thais. If he wants to, he can solve the problem. I think that you are sticking your nose where it doesn't belong and, you'll be very surprised when it gets poked.

Have to agree with the above, not for you to sort from a distance if you don't want the expense of a wall. There is always " an important " person in the area. Your Father-in-law will know who this is, stumped as to why he hasn't sorted it.

Something a tad fishy going on ?

i think they do...but maybe try not to go to that extend at this point, coz you never know what will happen to your house in the future, You are kinda declaring war with those ppl resting at ur land. Maybe coz there's no house there now and all so tat's why they do this. And if you really need to put up fences, i dun think u need metal fences, my parents in law have 20 rai of land and have no trespassers problem. maybe give it sometime.

Plus since you are a farang and if your father in law keeps shoong these ppl away and telling them off bla bla... they mite think he is stuck up person coz he got a farang as son in law. i am sure there's a better way to solve this problem.

I am currently in the U.S. waiting to retire in the next couple of years and have purchased a small (about 1 rai) piece of land in the countryside of Nahkon Nayok where I hope to build a house in the near future. It is located across a rice paddy a few hundred meters from my in-laws house. There is a stocked fish pond surrounded by mango and other fruit trees. During the rice planting season, the surrounding land is worked by the employees of a rice farmer. Since my property offers the only shade in the area the workers like lay up under the trees and relax. I do not have a real problem with this except that they also like to leave their trash around, steal the mangoes and other fruit and help themselves to the fish in the pond. My father-in-law is taking care of the land and has repeatedly asked them not to hang out there. They pay no attention to him and repeatedly defile the property. He has gone to the rice farmer and complained many times. This has done no good. Yesterday he got in a physical confrontation with them about this issue. I suggested that he go to the police about this issue but my wife says they will not come out to settle this problem. My father-in-law wants to put a cement wall around the property to keep them out. I am not willing to go to that expence at this time and I certainly do not want to have it done while I am not there. Does anyone have a solution to this probem? If I can't keep them off the land I am not so sure I want to put a house on it, especially when I will not be there all the time.

I'm not sure about this but couldn't you make friends with them, or like charge them each 30 baht per month to rest in your land and eat some mango and fish? Add some table and chairs some trash cans and signs saying do not litter ghost will come? If you get like 30 of them paying 30 baht per month you got your self a little Christmas bonus!!!

Don't deny them! embrace!!

Wow, 30 baht a month for fresh fruit and fish......save me a place please... :D

Maybe you should add a few more rai as I would tend to think for this price you might be in for a larger crowd than expecting.

Sarcasm is so entertaining, hahaha Fine!!!.. Fence it up and get a shot gun in the wife’s name, problem solved enjoy your new friends,

Liked your original idea RakJung, but scary dogs and a shot-gun works too!! :o