Hotmail Addresses

TBWG

Hi

Whilst in Thailand some of the e-mails sent by me to my contacts failed to arrive, so I checked to see if I had somehow inadvertently blocked them as I could not receive e mails they sent to me. But I could not find any facility to block contacts.

So I assumed that my service was deteriorating as it transpires that I had a counterfeit copy of XP installed on my PC (already loaded when I purchased it locally).

However when I get back to the UK I still can't correspond with same contacts on UK PC with legit XP installed.

Anyone else had this problem and how did you get round it? apart from using a different e-mail address/provider. :o

TBWG :D

Sorry, please clarify:-

You are using Hotmail to receive mail?

Mail is from Hotmail?

Mail is from Hotmail to your Hotmail address?

Regards

Hi Traveller

I just have an ordinary free Hotmail account, which I use to send and receive e-mails.

A few of my contacts no longer receive e-mails I send them via hotmail, and I no longer receive e-mails from the same recipients to my hotmail address.

As far as I am aware Hotmail never send me any mail.

Thanks for any input

TBWG :o

Well, I never had any problems sending from Hotmail to any other provider. Of course the other way around is a different story. Hotmail has some additional requirements, and if someone is using an SMTP server (outgoing mail server) on a dialup range (cable, ISDN), then it might be blocked by Hotmail.

Bare in mind that such problems might have several reasons, on is spam filtering, not only the kind where it would end up in your spam folder, but spam filtering at the gate (so to speak). If for instance an smtp server is blacklisted at some service, and the target SMTP server uses such a service, then mail would be blocked at the gate.

I wonder if you ever get a delivery failure message ?

Edited by sjaak327

Well, I never had any problems sending from Hotmail to any other provider. Of course the other way around is a different story. Hotmail has some additional requirements, and if someone is using an SMTP server (outgoing mail server) on a dialup range (cable, ISDN), then it might be blocked by Hotmail.

Bare in mind that such problems might have several reasons, on is spam filtering, not only the kind where it would end up in your spam folder, but spam filtering at the gate (so to speak). If for instance an smtp server is blacklisted at some service, and the target SMTP server uses such a service, then mail would be blocked at the gate.

I wonder if you ever get a delivery failure message ?

Hi

No I have never rec'd a failure to deliver message on any of the problem addresses. I should clarify that I am sending from my Hotmail address account and the problem addresses are 2 hotmail and 1 freeserve. However I admit to being a bit of an IT retard so don't fully understand your comments.

But I can say that dozens of hotmail and non hotmail address contacts functioned correctly for many years prior to the problem and the majority continue to do so, but the 3 problem addresses I am aware of are all Broadband lines and 2 have hotmail addresses 1 of which is my next door neighbour in Thailand and another is in NZ. The other is UK based. I would add that I have no difficulty communicating with all of them on my Yahoo address.

Hope this clarifies my predicament!

TBWG :o

If possible get them to send you a mail to both Hotmail and Yahoo. Check your junk mail settings in Hotmail and ensure you have not inadvertently blocked them {you might have clicked the wrong button at some stage {we all do :o } For those not receiving from you same process.

Regards

" should clarify that I am sending from my Hotmail address account and the problem addresses are 2 hotmail and 1 freeserve"

Then my comments are not applicable, as if you are sending to Hotmail addresses, the gate check (so to speak) is not being performed.

You indeed most probably have (by accident) blocked those senders, if using windows live hotmail, you can go to options, then you choose more options (at the bottom of the drop down list), under Junk email, you choose the option, safe and blocked senders, ensure that those people are not listed in the blocked senders list, alternatively, add their email address or domain under safe senders.

" should clarify that I am sending from my Hotmail address account and the problem addresses are 2 hotmail and 1 freeserve"

Then my comments are not applicable, as if you are sending to Hotmail addresses, the gate check (so to speak) is not being performed.

You indeed most probably have (by accident) blocked those senders, if using windows live hotmail, you can go to options, then you choose more options (at the bottom of the drop down list), under Junk email, you choose the option, safe and blocked senders, ensure that those people are not listed in the blocked senders list, alternatively, add their email address or domain under safe senders.

Thanks Sjaak327

Have now solved problem via options as you mentioned.

Thanks again

TBWG