Looking For A Turntable (record Player, Phonograph) In Thailand.

buzzer

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new or used normal or USB turntable to digitize my small record collection. I have seen several topics - some from a while ago - discussing this very thing.

Most of those posts say something like, "Go to the 3rd floor of Fortune Tower" or something I can't do. I live in Samui and don't anticipate getting to Bangkok anytime soon.

If you know any way to contact any companies that sell them I would appreciate your sharing the information you have.

I'm not looking for high-end equipment. This is a one-shot deal. I have a dozen or so LPs and a 45 (some of which I am a 'member of the band' on) and just want to make a copy. So I'm looking for a cheap turntable which will be up for sale shortly after I use it.

Thanks,

Buzzer

Just getting a turntable won't be enough

you would need a usb/firewire sound card with a riaa pre amp to get decent sound.

I haven't seen any usb turntables though im sure there available but rare s/h. someone else know?

and then some recording software to drop into (plenty of freeware)

and i assume you want burn it to cd or to a mp3 player so the software would need those functions too.

easy

Edited by 0Mix1up

Just getting a turntable won't be enough

you would need a usb/firewire sound card with a riaa pre amp to get decent sound.

I haven't seen any usb turntables though im sure there available but rare s/h. someone else know?

and then some recording software to drop into (plenty of freeware)

and i assume you want burn it to cd or to a mp3 player so the software would need those functions too.

easy

i did a pretty lo tech conversion of my vinyl many years back...turntable line out straight into my laptop mic input, record entire album using soundforge(16 bit, 44 Khz sample rate), cut up tracks and convert to mp3.

wont get me a grammy for recording skills, but was good enough :o

Hi again,

Sorry if I didn't make my request clear enough. I'm looking for a contact number (website, email, etc.) for an audio retailer that sells low to medium priced equipment, or someone who would have a used record player.

I won't go to bars looking for a DJ, but maybe a company that sells DJ equipment would be a possibility.

I am set up for recording, so I have everything necessary to run a USB turntable into my computer, or make digital copies of records from any kind of turntable.

The only thing I lack is a turntable, and just need to get the name and number of a business that can send me one.

Perhaps I need to change the title of the post to reflect the fact I am looking for a retailer that sells the things, or, perhaps, a used one.

Thanks for responding though,

Buzzer

buzzer - I have just what you're looking for! It's a turntable with built in amplifier so it can be plugged into any amp with line in sockets (normally amp needs to have dedicated phono inputs). From the amp you can then record the LPs onto your computer via headphone/mic connect or burn direct onto CD as I also have a Marantz audio CD burner (not a computer-based CD burner), which uses audio blank CDs. I'd be happy to rent to you for a day or so as I'm on Samui. Send me a message if you're interested.

Guest Reimar

At Pantip Plaza in bangkok, 5. floor, there is an Shop which have Audio equipment incl. Turntables.

At the Fortune Town, IT Mall, 3. Floor, is an shop as well.

Cheers.