Lost Uk Divorce Certificate

JAS21

He can go back to the town/city court where he was issued with his digree absolute, give the names and date when his divorce became absolute and they will give a copy, for a price, or if he is here he can go to the British Embassy and give them the information -

His full name, wife's full name, dob's, town/city court, divorce absolute and roughly the date which he was granted it. It might take a while for him to recieve the copy and will probably cost a fair bit too for the search.

If he goes onto the British Embassy website here, I think he will find some useful information.

Apply to the court that granted the divorce with as much information as possible, incidently, I got a surprise the other day when checking the UK pensions site, they want your divorce certificate when you apply for your state pension!

Use a search engine, and check decree absolute, or similar type divorce comments, in the UK only. This should then throw up some UK companies that will be able to provide copies of the said document, at a price of course. This is hoew I went about getting mine, as I was in a similar situation to the one your friend is now in.

If it is only necessary for the declaration at the Embassy just say you never been married before.

There is no check they trust your honesty

:o

Thanks..that thought had crossed our minds. But he will need it for when he collects his OAOP?

I needed mine 3 years ago to marry my then TG, I emailed the court where it was issued (Worthing) with as much info as I could remember. They sent a replacement certificate and a request for 2 pounds!

I picked up a copy of mine at the Edmonton Divorce Court (N.London) just over 7 years ago and got it within 10 minutes and they charged me a £1....... inflation.... :o