Iphone 3g

Has anyone seen anyone in MBK selling the iPhone 3G? I guess you can buy it in Hong Kong or Italy legally unlocked and was wondering if they started selling them in BKK yet? If so, did you happen to notice how much they were going for?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to know too. Are they officially selling them in Hong Kong, unlocked? And for what price?

I know Australia is getting them unlocked and Belgium. In Belgium it's 525 EUR for an unlocked 8GB phone.

Yeah, Hong Kongs are unlocked from 3 Hutchnison. But from what I understand, you can't leave the store without signing a two year contract. I think they are priced similar to what they are selling them for in Belgium.

Would like to know too. Are they officially selling them in Hong Kong, unlocked? And for what price?

I know Australia is getting them unlocked and Belgium. In Belgium it's 525 EUR for an unlocked 8GB phone.

The Winner shop in Tuk Com Pattaya has a sign advertising the new iPhone, they estimate arrival in 3-4 days, but the price is going to be high, around 29k.

I am hoping that version 2.0 will be cracked soon and offered as an update in MBK for "old" iPhone owners. Any news on that?

The developers say 2.0 unlock and jailbreak gui will be released tomorrow (Tuesday) for the old iphones. You can download it yourself and do it yourself, no need to pay someone or make a trip to mbk.

The developers say 2.0 unlock and jailbreak gui will be released tomorrow (Tuesday) for the old iphones. You can download it yourself and do it yourself, no need to pay someone or make a trip to mbk.

With developers you probably mean apple.I don't think it's a good idea to upload it to an unlocked phone.

No, he's actually talking about the iPhone Dev Team or Geohot...

The link to the dev teams blog is: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ and Geohots blog is: http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/

With developers you probably mean apple.I don't think it's a good idea to upload it to an unlocked phone.

Already plenty on eBay : http://search.benl.ebay.be/search/search.d...&category0=

However, be aware that only very few were sold in Belgium due to no stock (most shops had only a stock of 15 !), so there is a very big demand in Belgium.

My guess is to wait till the "unlock software" is available and buy one in the US. Non 3G models are already becoming cheaper now (and who needs 3G in Thailand anyway ?).

Anyone has an idea how to ship one to Thailand avoiding the customs ? They even once opened a book I send through normal mail :o

My guess is to wait till the "unlock software" is available and buy one in the US. Non 3G models are already becoming cheaper now (and who needs 3G in Thailand anyway ?).

Anyone has an idea how to ship one to Thailand avoiding the customs ? They even once opened a book I send through normal mail

you cant buy it without signing a contract in the store. so that idea is not going to work.

I certainly DO NOT mean apple. They are the enemy hehe. I mean the developers of the unlocking software which is due out TONIGHT.

Anyone has an idea how to ship one to Thailand avoiding the customs ? They even once opened a book I send through normal mail

you cant buy it without signing a contract in the store. so that idea is not going to work.

Some countries have a higher price for the iphone with no contract (normal price $200, no contract price $500) so could get one that way.

has anyone noticed that the older models are now cheaper at MBK or not? i would like to buy an 8gb or 16gb and do the 2.0 update... advice?

Dont know about the price, the unlock software will be available tonight so its a good question whether the price will be higher before or after the unlock is available.

well i checked today and the older 8gb version is still being quoted at 20000-25000b. hrmph. i would have thought it'd get cheaper. if someone checks after tonight, let us know!

There must be a trick for this as I already saw several 3G iphones on the US ebay site

well i checked today and the older 8gb version is still being quoted at 20000-25000b. hrmph. i would have thought it'd get cheaper. if someone checks after tonight, let us know!

Bought an 8gig a couple of months ago in MBK for 17,500 unlocked.

any idea which shop?

If you go on the phone floor heading toward all the dvd shops at the end, on the right hand side as you pass the car accessories shop theres a guy there sells them for 17,500 just on the corner as it opens out into a wider space, most down will quote between 17,500 and 18,500.

any idea which shop?

If you go on the phone floor heading toward all the dvd shops at the end, on the right hand side as you pass the car accessories shop theres a guy there sells them for 17,500 just on the corner as it opens out into a wider space, most down will quote between 17,500 and 18,500.

There is no way you get new iPhone in MBK for 17,000-18,000. Price range for 1st gen. iPhone now 24,000 -28,000.

Winner telecom has one unit of iPhone 3G 16MB...59,000 baht.. From Hong Kong.

any idea which shop?

There is no way you get new iPhone in MBK for 17,000-18,000. Price range for 1st gen. iPhone now 24,000 -28,000.

Winner telecom has one unit of iPhone 3G 16MB...59,000 baht.. From Hong Kong.

You could sure get one for 18000 baht in the past.Some shops told me the other day that the price from the 1st generation iphone went sky rocketing because of the lack of 2nd generation phones.Once they are available the price from the old iphone will come down again.

Has anyone seen anyone in MBK selling the iPhone 3G? I guess you can buy it in Hong Kong or Italy legally unlocked and was wondering if they started selling them in BKK yet? If so, did you happen to notice how much they were going for?

Hi,

About iPhone 3G it seems that it's not worth buying, it's just a geek stuff !

http://www.iphone-3g-mobile.com/APPLE-IPHO...-PREVIOUS-PHONE

But I was wondering if 3G internet is available in Bangkok now or not yet? AIS 12CALL network ?

Thanks.

Hi,

About iPhone 3G it seems that it's not worth buying, it's just a geek stuff !

http://www.iphone-3g-mobile.com/APPLE-IPHO...-PREVIOUS-PHONE

But I was wondering if 3G internet is available in Bangkok now or not yet? AIS 12CALL network ?

Thanks.

No, no 3g network in Thailand and it will be a while before they do. That review you posted was pretty lame. Has little to do with the 3g..... he lists things he doesnt like that are true of all iphones.

The unlock and jailbreak has been released for MAC users to use on older iphones that want to upgrade to 2.0, the windows release will be available soon hopefully. The 3g phones have been jailbroken but not unlocked as of yet. I personally want the 2.0 unlock so I can upgrade my older iphone and use the new apps from the appstore.

Edited by Sabum

Update on iPhone 3G Pricing.

MBK: This from my assistant that went to check "

Today, I went to survey the price of iPhone 3G at MBK. Now, it's quite rare maybe it's because of the 3G has just been released. For the store that have 3G, the price is quite high, 55,000 - 59,000 BHT for unlocked and from one store 45,000 BHT but the seller said still cannot be unlocked."

eBay: You can search for ended auctions and see they are selling in the $800-$1,100 price range.

Seems like white ones are getting a premium price.

Ya 3g is not unlocked yet, just jailbroken. (Can use 3rd party apps but must use the carrier that the iphone was sold by ie. ATT etc..) I'll post the second it becomes unlockable as I folllow the development closely as I want to unlock my old iphone on 2.0 using windows. Just a tip for anyone else desperate to unlock 2.0 on their older model: if you have a friend with a mac you can unlock your older iphone and then use it to sync on windows.... I simply dont know anyone with a mac....

With extreme trepidation, I embarked upon upgrading my previously MBK supplied iPhone to 2.0 using a link provided in this thread. Took 15 minutes and worked like a charm. Now downloading new apps from the iTunes store!