Tourist Attraction Pattaya

Lost in LOS

I remember reading on this site and in the papers a long time ago about an attraction in or around pattaya. It was a miniature museum or something like that and one of the attractions in it was a scaled replica of the forbidden city in china and has the replica of the clay soldiers etc. Sorry my description is vague. The write up and comments were that it is a must see. where is this place, i don't know where to start to search for it. I think i read where the private owner died a gave it to the kingdom to preserve as an attraction

thanks

I remember reading on this site and in the papers a long time ago about an attraction in or around pattaya. It was a miniature museum or something like that and one of the attractions in it was a scaled replica of the forbidden city in china and has the replica of the clay soldiers etc. Sorry my description is vague. The write up and comments were that it is a must see. where is this place, i don't know where to start to search for it. I think i read where the private owner died a gave it to the kingdom to preserve as an attraction

thanks

Its a Chinese Temple/Museum has a long name starts with Viri........... Its located about a 1km before the mountain that has the large buddha image ingraved on it's side.

Been there a few times it's about a 20min drive from Pattaya. You turn off down the Sukumvitt towards Rayong then theres a twisty road that leads to a large lake and it's at the end near the lake side.

Sorry to be a little vague but both times that i went i was taken there by taxi.

Well worth the visit to both, the mountain too.

Take the turning off Sukhumvit to Wat Yaan Temples, just before the temples is a small round about where you will turn right across the lakes that surround the Wat Yaan temples. You can see the Chinese Temple over on the left.

Used to cost 100 baht to get in may be more now but even if it is 500 baht still worth it.

I believe some of the statues in there are actual terracotta warriors from China.

Its a Chinese Temple/Museum has a long name starts with Viri........... Its located about a 1km before the mountain that has the large buddha image ingraved on it's side.

Been there a few times it's about a 20min drive from Pattaya. You turn off down the Sukumvitt towards Rayong then theres a twisty road that leads to a large lake and it's at the end near the lake side.

Sorry to be a little vague but both times that i went i was taken there by taxi.

Well worth the visit to both, the mountain too.

That would be this place - Viharn Sien at Wat Yansangwararam; A great place for a visit with many interesting exhibits. Your directions are about right - just watch for the sign for Wat Yansangwararam left off Sukhumwit road heading towards Sattahip and follow the signs.

post-47294-1216017546_thumb.jpg

To OP - just google (or search engine of choice ...) for Viharn Sien