Should I Grass A Farang?

saraburioz

I do some voluntary work at a school where recently a colleague commited a serious criminal offense.

The other farang teacher is not saying anything but I feel obliged to - should I?

We are 95% sure that he diid this crime. I am not allowed to say exactly what the crime is but in Australia, he'd be looking at 10 years.

What do I do?

we have had a similar post on here before and i think the general consensus was, if it does not concern you directly, stay out of it. i would say though that if what he did was injurious to a child, you have a moral obligation to report it.

we have had a similar post on here before and i think the general consensus was, if it does not concern you directly, stay out of it. i would say though that if what he did was injurious to a child, you have a moral obligation to report it.

Agreed 100%.

Quite apart from other considerations, he might do it again.

95% means you aren't sure, you just have a good hunch. If you can give a clue to someone in power, you might want to do so, unless it will put yourself in jeopardy.

Best of luck. I hate moral dilemmas.

Hard to tell if I don't know what the crime is. But if it involves a student, I would'n hesitate a moment to report it. I'm a volunteer teacher too, and the school and parents have entrusted their children to me. That means I protect my students.

I do some voluntary work at a school where recently a colleague commited a serious criminal offense.

The other farang teacher is not saying anything but I feel obliged to - should I?

We are 95% sure that he diid this crime. I am not allowed to say exactly what the crime is but in Australia, he'd be looking at 10 years.

What do I do?

You should report it as you said it is a serious criminal offence, if you don't , what if he commints it again.

You must have a conscience and you don't want it to hang over your head for the rest of you life.

If it concerns child sexual abuse you should go to the police right away after reading this post. :o:D

I think that you should post what the crime was here on TV.

Obviously you don't know what to do and just maybe the feedback you get from TV will help you with your decision.

LiveSteam

And post names and pictures ????

Electric chair or fire squad ?

If you are a volunteer teacher make sure your work permit is in order before you make waves otherwise you may be put out of the boat along with the offender.

Exactly...criminal vs criminal could get well out of hand if not careful !

What do I do?

As others have already pointed out--without more info as to the 'supposed' offence it's very difficult to give you much help--however I don't feel the fact that he's a Farang has anything to do with it.

What do I do?

''i am not allowed to say exactly what the crime is''

Really are you for real?? Nobody knows you and nobody knows the supposed offender and you can't say what it is,like it will matter!?

I spoke to a guy yesterday and he said he used to work in a boiler room,oops, i told you.....so what should i do now??

To be honest mate your post is complete drivel.

a simple profile look...

trollyat.jpg

The author of some thaivisa great classics has struck again with terrific results....

Totally right, I always take his posts with a mountain of salt.

What do I do?

Really are you for real?? Nobody knows you and nobody knows the supposed offender and you can't say what it is,like it will matter!?

I spoke to a guy yesterday and he said he used to work in a boiler room,oops, i told you.....so what should i do now??

Just like that time you said i should be embarrased becuase of something i said on TV. Why john nobody knows me? cmon get a grip mate. i think your the one speaking drivel.

As for the OP. you are probably better to let people know the crime as it would be a dam_n sight easier to give some advice, but if he i looking at 10 years then it will be something serious!

If it was armed robbery, with no injuries to anyone i would say forget about it.

Edited by tomuk76

What do I do?

Just like that time you said i should be embarrased becuase of something i said on TV. Why john nobody knows me? cmon get a grip mate. i think your the one speaking drivel.

As for the OP. you are probably better to let people know the crime as it would be a dam_n sight easier to give some advice, but if he i looking at 10 years then it will be something serious!

If it was armed robbery, with no injuries to anyone i would say forget about it.

So you are seriously taking the OP on face value and indeed giving him advice!? Laughable.

If he wants sensible responses he should state what the apparent 'crime' was.Simple as that matey.

Who cares what the crime is? If it's serious enough to warrant a ten year term back home, of course he should grass him up.

What is this place? A den of thieves?

Don't you realise that it's these shitty farangs living on the fringes of society, dabbling in minor (and it seems) major crime that is ruining it for everyone else. It's these people who are leading to tigher visa regulations and a growing negativity and impatience towards the wider farang population by our hosts.

report the shyster.

Edited by bendix

What do I do?

So you are seriously taking the OP on face value and indeed giving him advice!? Laughable.

If he wants sensible responses he should state what the apparent 'crime' was.Simple as that matey.

I give him advice on 1 type crime yes. But after reading bendix post above i believe the OP should grass as after all if you do the crime you have to serve the time!

Get the losers out of thailand!

If it does not involve you and it has no way of coming back to you...forget it (but always keep an eye on him as he probably can not be trusted)

If you can get tarrd with the same brush, and you like your job, then you had better distance yourself and do some serious preventative damage control.