Thai Troops Enter Disputed Territory On Thai-cambodian Border

sriracha john

Yes, that's the reason

But the collateral damage and long term consequences could potentially be tragic for all sides

Living in Thailand but spendin g about half by time in Cambodia and being equally at home in both I have a good sense of how this issue is seen by the ordinary folk of each country.

The best example I can give of how the Cambodian public feels is that 3 nights ago I took a close Cambodian friend to the only close to decent (but very pricey) hospital in Phnom Penh, a newly opened joint Thai-Cambodian venture with many Thai nurses on staff. It was empty and took all the coaxing I could summon to get my friend and her family to agree to enter the ER (even tho I was footing the bill). They were afraid to let Thai health personnel treat them for fear they (the health professionals) would intentionally inject poison or otherwise mistreat them.

And these were educated people who have spent a fair amount of time in Thailand in the past.

Flights between PP and Bkk are noticeably empty of cambodians who normally account for at leats half the passengers

I mention all this because, despite being no real democracy, Cambodia's government cannot afford to ignore public sentiment, even though they may know that what is going on has more to do with internal Thai politics than genuine territorial designs on Cambodia.

War is indeed possible, despite the obvious imbalance of military strength.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far every news report on this alleged incident have come via the Cambodian press. Waiting to see what the Thai media reports. So far even reports in Thai media are translations from Cambodian articles.

Equally strange, the only Google hits on 'Ta Krabey' are for these news reports. There's not a single photo or maps of the site available online.

Could it be the Khmer term for Ta Meuan? If so it's old news. If not, where is it?

Other than these reports, I've never heard of 'Ta Krabey'.

Yes, that's the reason

But the collateral damage and long term consequences could potentially be tragic for all sides

Living in Thailand but spendin g about half by time in Cambodia and being equally at home in both I have a good sense of how this issue is seen by the ordinary folk of each country.

The best example I can give of how the Cambodian public feels is that 3 nights ago I took a close Cambodian friend to the only close to decent (but very pricey) hospital in Phnom Penh, a newly opened joint Thai-Cambodian venture with many Thai nurses on staff. It was empty and took all the coaxing I could summon to get my friend and her family to agree to enter the ER (even tho I was footing the bill). They were afraid to let Thai health personnel treat them for fear they (the health professionals) would intentionally inject poison or otherwise mistreat them.

And these were educated people who have spent a fair amount of time in Thailand in the past.

Flights between PP and Bkk are noticeably empty of cambodians who normally account for at leats half the passengers

I mention all this because, despite being no real democracy, Cambodia's government cannot afford to ignore public sentiment, even though they may know that what is going on has more to do with internal Thai politics than genuine territorial designs on Cambodia.

War is indeed possible, despite the obvious imbalance of military strength.

Any lengths will be gone to, to ensure the politcal return of Thaksin doesnt happen. That will have repercussions but from the Thai side considering what this is all really about then there is no doubt there will be no pause for thought about external repercussions if certain steps are neccessary.

"nice" try, move the public away from much more pressing issues...stir up nationalism combined with a pinch of patriotism.

This all about some still neatly arranged historic rubble.. :o

the timing is strange, why today

The military under no circumstances want a politcal return of Thaksin. Politcs involves large sums of money. Thaksin has a few sweetheart deals arranged with Cambodia thanks to Noppadols little Preah Vihear concession. Thaksin is Thai. Thai soldiers creating natioanlistic anti-Thai stirs in Cambodia makes the enactment of the sweetheart deals more distant, which equals delaying the money for Thaksin which equals less ability to conduct politics.

Note also the rather brash attempt to release funds through the tax department that failed and then the sale of Man Citeh to raise funds. Thaksin cant compete with what is ranged against him for very long without a further infusion of money. There may be a Thai election soon and there well also be a PPP disolution. Reinventing the PPP means rebuying the MPs and elections involve vast quantities of money, and the weaker Thaksin's position looks the more it costs to buy MPs.

Yes this sounds about right.

I some how don't think the political class in Cambodia are really worried by Thai sabre rattling.

But it could have the effect of making Thaksin's deals less desirable.

Get Dr. T. out of the deals and get your temples back and tourist dollars up again.

The army does NOT want Dr. T. to have a huge new source of local cash right next door.

...then the sale of Man Citeh to raise funds.

I have an other explanation for that sale of T's football club. Thai courts are after his money. A football club is a sitting duck, an asset easy to seize. Now the cash can be anywhere in the world. They want it ? Try to find it first ...

...then the sale of Man Citeh to raise funds.

I have an other explanation for that sale of T's football club. Thai courts are after his money. A football club is a sitting duck, an asset easy to seize. Now the cash can be anywhere in the world. They want it ? Try to find it first ...

But it was an asset in another country,

they would be onto extradition before they could touch it.

No he wants the cash for the coming fight for the BIG pile.

[Cambodian] Government to take temple row to the UN

As talks yield few results, UN intervention will be sought

Prime Minister Hun Sen will again seek international arbitration in Cambodia's ongoing dispute with Thailand over contested border territory adjacent to Preah Vihear temple, according to government officials.

Hun Sen told his Cabinet Friday that he plans to take the issue back to the UN Security Council and to the International Court of Justice in The Hague.

Phay Siphan, spokesman for the Council of Ministers, quoted Hun Sen as saying the council should prepare documentation and evidence in the likely event it needed to return to the Security Council, following delays in talks with the beleaguered Thai government.

"Thai soldiers have continued their invasion of Cambodian territory, threatening the Kingdom's security. Now we are compiling more documents and evidence of this invasion," Phay Siphan said.

On July 22, Cambodia made an appeal to the Security Council during its military standoff with Thailand at the World Heritage-listed temple, but withdrew the complaint two days later after Thailand agreed to hold immediate talks on the issue. But discussions over a full troop withdrawal have stagnated, with the Thais requesting a postponement due to political tensions in Bangkok.

Union leader Rong Chhun told the Post Sunday that he had written to King Norodom Sihamoni, requesting that the monarch submit the border dispute to the UN Security Council and the International Court of Justice.

"We see that the invasion by Thai soldiers is getting more serious and the government has no clear political will over the issue," Rong Chhun said.

He added that the ruling Cambodian People's Party was delaying the border dispute to boost its popularity.

The row erupted after Cambodia's arrest of three Thai nationalist protesters on July 15, whom authorities allege crossed illegally into Cambodia close to the disputed temple site. Since then, Thailand and Cambodia have been building up their forces near the temple and tensions have escalated, spreading to other temple sites along the border.

- Phnom Penh Post / today

A possible war brewing over a BUDDHIST temple,or at least a political one.This has to be a complete joke to the rest of the world.The thais are as good as admitting to the world that its cash & esteem thats important,rather than buddhist values.

They might just aswell put it on ebay,or ship it brick by brick to Pattaya.

I also heard from a cambodian that their government is likely to make him sign up for national service.

I hope Sondhi would fund a group of potesters to peacefully sit in at the temple site (similar to the situation in PM office). Learning from what happen in Bangkok, I doubt the Cambodian police would even dare to use tear gas, as Sondhi has come in peace.

During the spare time, a round of golf at the disputed field would be nice. Don't forget to bring your golf club.

Cambodia gripes that Thailand is 'testing patience'

Last week, Cambodia said it was content to be patient with Thailand over disputed border areas, but claims Thai troops had moved into a third border temple area over the weekend have freshly irked Cambodia, the government said Monday. Government spokesman Khieu Kanharith said by telephone that claims Thai troops had moved into an area close to Ta Krabey temple, close to the Ta Moan temple complex which is also in dispute, had angered the government and Cambodia was preparing to appeal to a "third international party" to intervene. "We are preparing our documents. We will see if Thailand changes its character or not. If not, we will go to an international agency to mediate," Kanharith said. Thai troops moved into what Thailand says is disputed territory and Cambodia says is sovereign around the 11th century Preah Vihear temple in July, just a week after UNESCO awarded the temple World Heritage listing over Thai objections. Ta Moan, 150 kilometres to the west, soon also drew Cambodian complaints, with claims of Thai encroachment, and now Ta Krabey. Thailand says the claims are baseless and it has always had troops stationed near the latter two temples. Last week Kanharith said Cambodia was prepared to give Thailand time to sort out its turbulent political affairs before delayed bilateral border talks, several rounds of which have so far failed to reach an agreement, were resumed. However local media, including Khmer-language Rasmei Kampuchea daily, reported over the weekend that PM Hun Sen's patience has been tested over the latest developments and he had called for all relevant authorities to prepare a case to take to

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=130687

Could it be the Khmer term for Ta Meuan? If so it's old news. If not, where is it?

Other than these reports, I've never heard of 'Ta Krabey'.

"close to Ta Moan temple"...

Cambodia gripes that Thailand is 'testing patience'

Last week, Cambodia said it was content to be patient with Thailand over disputed border areas, but claims Thai troops had moved into a third border temple area over the weekend have freshly irked Cambodia, the government said Monday. Government spokesman Khieu Kanharith said by telephone that claims Thai troops had moved into an area close to Ta Krabey temple, close to the Ta Moan temple complex which is also in dispute, had angered the government and Cambodia was preparing to appeal to a "third international party" to intervene. "We are preparing our documents. We will see if Thailand changes its character or not. If not, we will go to an international agency to mediate," Kanharith said. Thai troops moved into what Thailand says is disputed territory and Cambodia says is sovereign around the 11th century Preah Vihear temple in July, just a week after UNESCO awarded the temple World Heritage listing over Thai objections. Ta Moan, 150 kilometres to the west, soon also drew Cambodian complaints, with claims of Thai encroachment, and now Ta Krabey. Thailand says the claims are baseless and it has always had troops stationed near the latter two temples. Last week Kanharith said Cambodia was prepared to give Thailand time to sort out its turbulent political affairs before delayed bilateral border talks, several rounds of which have so far failed to reach an agreement, were resumed. However local media, including Khmer-language Rasmei Kampuchea daily, reported over the weekend that PM Hun Sen's patience has been tested over the latest developments and he had called for all relevant authorities to prepare a case to take to

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=130687

Thai troops moved into what Thailand says is disputed territory and Cambodia says is sovereign around the 11th century Preah Vihear temple

I hope it's just an editorial error. Surely Cambodians don't claim sovereignty over the adjucent land.

If they do, then it's a whole new can of worms, including for Noppadon's apologists who say that Thailand didn't lose anything.

A possible war brewing over a BUDDHIST temple,or at least a political one.This has to be a complete joke to the rest of the world.

Originally it was a Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva. Khmers converted to Buddhism several hundred years later, and I'm not sure if they ever used Preah Vihear as a Buddhist temple at all.

So much for preserving their roots and heritage.

Official protest handed to Cambodia

Thailand yesterday denied a Cambodian accusation its troops had moved closer to Ta Kwai temple, saying that was unneeded as the ruins were inside Thai territory. Bangkok also hit back at Phnom Penh, protesting through Cambodian Ambassador Ung Sean that Cambodian troops had violated Thailand's sovereignty. The Foreign Ministry said on its website that the temple, called Ta Kabey in Cambodia, is located in Phanom Dong Rak district of Surin province. It is 13km east of Ta Muen temple in the same district and 150km west of Preah Vihear. The ministry's was responding to Cambodian government spokesman Khieu Kanharith, who claimed on Monday that Thai troops had moved into the area. Instead, the ministry said, Phnom Penh sent ''a Cambodian armed unit'' into Ta Kwai on Saturday and it withdrew only after repeated calls by Thai authorities. The ministry yesterday lodged an official protest with Cambodia. Foreign Affairs Permanent Secretary Virasakdi Futrakul handed the Ambassador a letter saying: ''These acts constituted a violation of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Thailand,'' and urged the Cambodian government not to do it again. The ministry reaffirmed its commitment to closely cooperate with

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.net/170908_News/17Sep2008_news09.php

Edited by sriracha john

Thailand protest Cambodia over troop intrusion

By Supalak Ganjanakhundee

The Nation

Thailand protested to Cambodia on Tuesday over an intrusion of troops into the border area at the temple of Ta Kwai in Surin province.

It was the third Khmer sanctuary since July to create conflict between the two neighbours after the disputes over the Preah Vihear and Ta Muen Thom temples.

The Foreign Ministry's permanent secretary Virasakdi Futrakul summoned Cambodia's ambassador Ung Sean to take an aide-memoire at the ministry on Tuesday.

The memoire said some 70 Cambodian armed forces had intruded into the temple on September 6.

It was the second intrusion since some 30 Cambodian troops were seen earlier at the temple between August 3 and 6.

"These acts constituted a violation of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Thailand," the memoire said.

Thailand asked Cambodia to do its utmost to avoid a recurrence of the incident in the future, it said. Ung Sean did not talk to reporters after the meeting with Virasakdi at the ministry.

The ministry's acting spokesman Thani Thongphakdi said there was no longer a military stand off in the area since both sides had redeployed their respective armed forces elsewhere.

The withdrawal of Cambodian troops from the site and vicinity came only after repeated protests from local Thai authorities.

Cambodia's government spokesman Khieu Kanharith said earlier that Thai troops had moved into an area close to the temple also known in Cambodian as Ta Krabey. Cambodia was preparing to appeal to a "third international party" to intervene, he said.

Thani said the dispute could be solved bilaterally. Thailand is committed to cooperation with Cambodia within the framework of the Thai-Cambodian Joint Boundary Commission on Demarcation for Land Boundary (JBC) with a view to resolving the boundary issue in a just and peaceful manner, he said.

The issue might be discussed when Thai and Cambodian delegations meet in New York on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly later this month, he said.

In a separate issue, Thailand has dismissed Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen's doubts over its ability to host the upcoming Asean summit due to the ongoing political crisis.

The Foreign Ministry's acting spokesman Thani Thongphakdi said Thailand, as the chair of the group, is ready for the summit. Preparation for the Asean summit and other endeavours by Thailand are on track, he said.

"Recent political developments in Thailand have not in any way affected the preparations which are in line with the announced timelines," he said.

To show its commitment, the Thai Senate yesterday approved the bill on protection for the operation of the Asean, enabling Thailand to ratify the Asean charter, he said.

I know this temple by the Thai name, Prasat Ta Khwai. I always thought it was part of Surin Province, but obviously it's one of many points along the border still in dispute.

http://www.sundial.thai-isan-lao.com/Ta_Muean_Thom.html

GPS-data: The distances from Prasat Ta Muean Thom to Prasat Bai Baek and Prasat Ta Khwai are nearly identical: 11.2 and 11.6 km. The three temples are furthermore aligned with one another. The central tower of Prasat Ta Muean Thom is only 15 m from a 22.8 km long straight line between Prasat Bai Baek and Prasat Ta Khwai.

Historical/geographical info, including map showing relation to Ta Muan:

http://www.sundial.thai-isan-lao.com/khwai.html

Muang Boran Journal:

http://www.muangboranjournal.com/modules.p...le&artid=12

from http://www.thai-tour.com/eng/surin/introduction.htm

The Phanom Dong Rak Range demarcates Surin and other provinces on Korat Plateau from Cambodia. The plateau, on which Buri Ram, Surin and Si Sa Ket provinces are located, slopes up and then down into the valley. These provinces were once collectively called “High Cambodia.” While the adjacent low plain in present-day Cambodia.” While the adjacent low plain in present-day Cambodia was called “Low Cambodia.” The peoples in these two neighboring countries visit the others via 35 passes in the Range. Notably Chong Prasat Ta Muean. Chong Prasat Ta Khwai. Chong Phrik and Chong Chom. The Kui people once crossed the border to round up wild elephants in adjacent Cambodia’s Udon Michai province. During the Khmer Empire. Surin laid right on the important pilgrimage route linking Khmer. Thailand and Laos.

2864735038_4a99a2a6e3.jpg

Another day, another temple to invade. It would seem that there are more pressing problems in the country right now, but maybe this is easier than dealing with the other issues.

The Cambodian press is reporting intrusion by Thai troops,while the Thai press is reporting the opposite. It's a fact that Thai troops have been in the area since before restoration of Prasat Ta Khwai began in 2003. There has been no new Thai troop movement in the Ta Khwai area in the meantime as far as anyone this side of the border has reported.

Thai troops moved into what Thailand says is disputed territory and Cambodia says is sovereign around the 11th century Preah Vihear temple

I hope it's just an editorial error. Surely Cambodians don't claim sovereignty over the adjucent land.

If they do, then it's a whole new can of worms, including for Noppadon's apologists who say that Thailand didn't lose anything.

Both sides claim the same land.

If there were no overlapping claims then there would be no dispute.

Your remarks about Cambodians preserving their heritage appearing to be condescending to say the least.

The Khmers have a long and illustrious cultural history that predates that of both Thailand and Siam and includes a number of different religions and beliefs that have developed over thousands of years.

But at least you acknowledge that the temples are Cambodian.

That's why it's called disputed terrotory and not "under Cambodian sovereignty" as the report said.

Your remarks about Cambodians preserving their heritage appearing to be condescending to say the least.

The Khmers have a long and illustrious cultural history that predates that of both Thailand and Siam and includes a number of different religions and beliefs that have developed over thousands of years.

They surely have a lot to be proud of but that doesn't mean they really care about their heritage.

They are happy to cut off whatever lies on the Thai side of the border, for example.

Basically they are not after preserving heritage, they are after THEIR part of it. Very immature at best, totally hypocritical at worst.

That's why it's called disputed terrotory and not "under Cambodian sovereignty" as the report said.

The article only states that the Cambodian's think it is sovereign.

Clearly the Thais do not which is why they keep trying to take it back. (We stole it, its ours!)

As mentioned before the best way forward is for an impartial international mediator to take charge as bilateral discussions are useless.

A possible war brewing over a BUDDHIST temple,or at least a political one.This has to be a complete joke to the rest of the world.

Originally it was a Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva. Khmers converted to Buddhism several hundred years later, and I'm not sure if they ever used Preah Vihear as a Buddhist temple at all.

So much for preserving their roots and heritage.

Surely roots & heritage has been overlooked in alot of countries around the world..american indians,aboriginals etc?Also,i stand to be corrected,but as far as temples evolving from hindu to buddhist,there are many famous temples in cambodia that are like this,& i believe some could be classed as half hindu,half buddhist,due to different beliefs,at different times.

Anyway this all has to be irelevant at the end of the day,as it's only really about cash & politics-national & local,& pride.

So how many years has this temple been PEACEFULLY Cambodian,& who laid the first jab to cause all the problems?

Correction on the first point. If you mean the Angkor kingdom was older than any Siamese empire, well they emerged at roughly the same time although the Angkor empire was more powerful for the first few centuries, and then a Siamese empire overtook it.

If you mean Thai vs Khmer cultures, the Austro-Thai culture is the oldest in Asia, predates the Mon-Khmer by at least a few thousand years.

On the second, the temples were built by Khmer design during the Angkor period, full stop. Don't confuse Khmer ethnicity with Cambodian nationality. There are still many people of Khmer ancestry in NE Thailand, who are not now -- and never have been -- Cambodian.

Whatever Thais say and think themselves, they have the decency to not officially claim sovereignty over this land, it is always referred to as "disputed".

With public claims like that Cambodians are looking for trouble, though I believe it was misprint.

That's why I think it's hypocritical for Cambodians to talk about preserving their culture.

In fact, I think that at this point the remnants of the old Khmer civilisation need to be protected from Cambodians who look to cash on them without any respect, appreciation, or long term thinking.

Look - they've just split Preah Vihear in half and are going to build a rear access just to get a hold on some tourist money who'd be told that sneaking through the back like thieves is the way ithe Khmer culture is supposed to be appreciated.

Just brainstorming. I am not encouraging a war here.

What is the likelyhood of Thailand winning if Thailand started a war in Khmer. I mean totally take over the country. Upon success, take Laos, than Vietnam, so that we have access to South China Sea and a land trading route with Chine. Hainan island too, to become Phuket II.

Upon success in Indochina (plus Hainan Island), Rename ourself the United Kingdom of Great Indochina and the Hainan Isle (sound familiar). This new country should be powerful enough to start planning for an empire that the sun never sat (sound familiar again?).

Next target will be Malaysia & Singapore. No force needed. We can just declare them as an autonomous region just Tibet to China. Finally, the big push to invade Burma. This will be difficult, because from historical statistic, we came out loosing most of the time.

If we loose, the Burmese will control the collective land mass, from India Eastward to the South China sea (I'm sure Bangladesh will be absorbed into India for protection). I don't know what they will call it. Perhaps change the name again, from Myanmar to Suvarṇabhumī (the goldern land).

Sri Lanka can be annexed to due to their faith. However separatis in the malaysia penisular will continue to stir up chronic trouble, eith wanting independent or alliance with Indonesia.

To make sure the sun never set, ship shall sail to Bali, HK, Guam, Hawaii, Easter Island, Bahamas, Aruba, Tristan da Cunha, Reunion to colonize them and turn them to Buddhism.

Like in ancient China, the ruler of this Kingdom will be honored as the greatest Emperor ever that united Suvarṇabhumī.

Am I nut or what?

Pnom Penh, Bangkok trade accusations in border row

Cambodia and Thailand swapped accusations of violating each other's territory yesterday as the row continued over disputed land near ancient temples along the border. Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen accused Thai soldiers of being thieves ''creating anarchy'' around border areas, including the ancient Ta Muen and Ta Kwai temples.

''We cannot accept this act,'' Hun Sen said, calling for fresh border talks with Thailand.

''I am wondering who ordered the troops to come over, or whether they are thieves, because they [the Thai government] said they did not order them. So it must mean they are thieves.''

Thailand claims sovereignty over both sites.

In Bangkok, the Foreign Ministry in return issued a statement protesting that Cambodian soldiers had violated Thailand territory by periodically occupying Ta Kwai temple since last month.

The statement called on the two countries to resolve their boundary issues in ''a just and peaceful manner in accordance with international law.''

Hun Sen has publicly hinted in recent weeks that he might take his boundary complaints to the United Nations Security Council or international courts if they two countries cannot meet soon to resolve their disagreement.

Much of the frontier remains in dispute, and demarcation has been held up by the slow pace of de-mining in the region.

Talks to discuss withdrawing troops from around Preah Vihear, called Phra Viharn in Thailand, were postponed late last month because of the political turmoil in Bangkok.

The International Court of Justice ruled in 1962 that the Preah Vihear temple belongs to Cambodia, but surrounding land remains in dispute.

- AFP

Whatever Thais say and think themselves, they have the decency to not officially claim sovereignty over this land, it is always referred to as "disputed".

With public claims like that Cambodians are looking for trouble, though I believe it was misprint.

That's why I think it's hypocritical for Cambodians to talk about preserving their culture.

In fact, I think that at this point the remnants of the old Khmer civilisation need to be protected from Cambodians who look to cash on them without any respect, appreciation, or long term thinking.

Thailand has long claimed the area as sovereign to Thailand hence the invasion and occupation in the 1950s/60s.

Thailand has continuously invaded and expropriated Cambodian lands over the last few centuries.

I think it is hypocritical for Thais to talk preserving Khmer heritage considering Thailand has done its utmost to expropriate and steal it from Cambodia.

Correction on the first point. If you mean the Angkor kingdom was older than any Siamese empire, well they emerged at roughly the same time although the Angkor empire was more powerful for the first few centuries, and then a Siamese empire overtook it.

If you mean Thai vs Khmer cultures, the Austro-Thai culture is the oldest in Asia, predates the Mon-Khmer by at least a few thousand years.

On the second, the temples were built by Khmer design during the Angkor period, full stop. Don't confuse Khmer ethnicity with Cambodian nationality. There are still many people of Khmer ancestry in NE Thailand, who are not now -- and never have been -- Cambodian.

The Angkor Kingdom predates Siam by a good few centuries I believe.

Don't confuse muddled and overtly bias Thai history books with fact.

The Angkorian Kingdom and Khmer ethnicity are directly linked with modern day Cambodia. This is universally accepted everywhere except Thailand.

Thailand has long claimed the area as sovereign to Thailand hence the invasion and occupation in the 1950s/60s.

Yes, but it kept diplomatic after the ICJ ruling that gave the temple to Cambodians.

It's always called disputed or overlapping territories, not as a land under Thai sovereignty.

Thailand has continuously invaded and expropriated Cambodian lands over the last few centuries.

The state of Cambodia didn't even exist then, modern day Cambodia got its land from French.

I think it is hypocritical for Thais to talk preserving Khmer heritage considering Thailand has done its utmost to expropriate and steal it from Cambodia.

You can't steal heritage. That's probably Cambodian way of thinking. It doesn't belong to anyone, it has to preserved by everybody who comes in touch with it, Thais, Camodians, Khmers, Unesco etc.

You can't steal heritage. That's probably Cambodian way of thinking. It doesn't belong to anyone, it has to preserved by everybody who comes in touch with it, Thais, Camodians, Khmers, Unesco etc.

Absolute rubbish.

Thailand has been attempting to steal and subvert Cambodian heritage for centuries now by claiming that Cambodia has no link to the Angkorian Empire and that modern day Cambodians are just Kom or Khamen Padong.

The state of Cambodia didn't even exist then, modern day Cambodia got its land from French.

Again, absolute rubbish.

Cambodia asked the French to protect them from Vietnam and Thailand because their neighbours had been continuously invading and stealing their lands.

France did not give Cambodia land, it returned to Cambodia the land that Thailand had stolen, several times I might add.