Where To Buy A Yamaha Fino

whatsupdoc

I am interested in buying a Yamaha Fino (just like the design and only need it for short distances). Does anyone have recommendations where to buy it? I am looking for a seller with good (after sales) service, not necessarily the cheapest one.

Yamaha Showroom?

Yamaha Square next to Kad Suan Keaow Mall would be my choice.

Ever stop to think how many different products Yamaha is producing?

Motorbikes

Motorcycles

Drums

Acoustic Guitars

Electric Guitars

Pianos

Electric keyboards

Violins

Trumpets

Saxophones

Synthesizers

pro audio gear

mixers

processors

power amplifiers, speakers

Sport ATVs

snowmobiles

.... and all of them good mid-price quality!

There must be a dozen more that I can't think of at the moment!

I bought my wife one at the Bo Sang dealer, mainly for convenience and to support local vendors. So far, no problems with after sales service and it's 10 minutes away from home if we do have a problem. There must be at least 20 yahama dealers around CM, so pick the one nearest to you and check them out. Most have the same prices/service.

• 1 year later...

Anyone got a list of the showrooms? I cant really read Thai very well so the Yamaha site is hard to navigate.

edit: I know the one at KSK already. Went in today, but they only have two colours in the Fino Premium range. :D

edit2: OH wait..those colours are the 2009 colours. Does that mean ALL the showrooms will only stock Fino Premiums in those colours? :)

Edited by eek

If you are buying the Fino for the design, I would consider looking at the new Honda. I forget the name of it (it's quite long) but I started seeing them on the roads about a month ago.

I have a Fino myself, and comparing it to my Honda it's just not as reliable. Often it defiicult to get started from cold, and the engine doesn't pack much punch.

I havn't tried the new Honda, but if the engine is as solid as my Click it'll be great.

im guessing you mean the Skoopy (or Skoopi) love2u? Ive read a few comparisons between the Skoopy and Fino in the bike forum here. Most were saying the Fino is the better bike though. Dont know well how it compares to the Jelato, but I was under the impression that the majority of people think the Fino is better of all three. ??

Yamaha Showroom?

Ever stop to think how many different products Yamaha is producing?

Motorbikes

Motorcycles

Drums

Acoustic Guitars

Electric Guitars

Pianos

Electric keyboards

Violins

Trumpets

Saxophones

Synthesizers

pro audio gear

mixers

processors

power amplifiers, speakers

Sport ATVs

snowmobiles

.... and all of them good mid-price quality!

There must be a dozen more that I can't think of at the moment!

You forgot marine outboards

Guys, heres a thread discussing Fino -v- Scoopy -v- Jelato, if you are interested. Most people seem pro Fino as #1.

I have never test driven a Scoopy or Jelato, so no idea of the feel, and no idea of how reliable in the long term. Relying on opinion of others. Appreciate your viewpoints also.

If you are buying the Fino for the design, I would consider looking at the new Honda. I forget the name of it (it's quite long) but I started seeing them on the roads about a month ago.

I have a Fino myself, and comparing it to my Honda it's just not as reliable. Often it defiicult to get started from cold, and the engine doesn't pack much punch.

I havn't tried the new Honda, but if the engine is as solid as my Click it'll be great.

the fino dose lack in power, but take the bike to yamaha a change of a jet screw.

costing 50 baht and the bike will have alot more power, but drinks more fuel

Guys, heres a thread discussing Fino -v- Scoopy -v- Jelato, if you are interested. Most people seem pro Fino as #1.

I have never test driven a Scoopy or Jelato, so no idea of the feel, and no idea of how reliable in the long term. Relying on opinion of others. Appreciate your viewpoints also.

Oops..i forgot to put in the link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Honda-Scoopy...04#entry3309104

Thank you for that link Poorsucker.

We bought a Fino from the dealer next to KSG and they were extremely helpful offering to get the colour we wanted within a week then talked another buyer into waiting a week so we could take one that day

bluweyze, can i ask when you went in please. I went in yesterday and today and both times asked if i could order a different colour than the two 2009 models they have available. Both assistants told me only these two colours are available for the platinum range (or other ranges). I asked if any other showrooms can get me another colour, and was told that all the showrooms in Thailand all stock the same colour range. The colour that you wanted, was it in the new range, or an older colour model?

Thanks.

Hi there,

I bought a Yamaha Mio two weeks ago secondhand along the Chiang Mai-Hangdong Road (Just before the THai Driving Licence office/building) going out of CM city. The shop is not well signed and although it was not at an offical dealers place, the owners were straight forward and helpful. It is on the left hand side going out of CM city towrads Hang Dong just before the turn off to Lanna Intl. School. They do have two more Yamaha scooters for sale at an affordable price (i.e: Under 20,000Bth.) My scooter was in top shape and works fine. They provide you with ownership transfer papers too so all you have to do is go to Immigration get a certificate of residency and then go to the Hong Noi motorbike transport office (Name?) (on the river road) to get your ownership transfer through.

Hope this helps.

I went to the Yamaha deale. I liked the Fino Disco because of the black and white design but I did NOT like the choice or orange or green panels on it. After talking to the sales person they quoted 43,000 for the Green one and said for 600 baht more they would switch out the green panels for white so the bike will be all black and white.

The saled girl then suggested I buy the orange one, as they are selling it for 1,000 less because nobody seems to want the ugly color, and they will still switch it all to black and white for total cost of 42,600 (with the free helmet, bag, and shirt.

Very friendly service too!!!

We bought a Fino from the dealer next to KSG and they were extremely helpful offering to get the colour we wanted within a week then talked another buyer into waiting a week so we could take one that day

bluweyze, can i ask when you went in please. I went in yesterday and today and both times asked if i could order a different colour than the two 2009 models they have available. Both assistants told me only these two colours are available for the platinum range (or other ranges). I asked if any other showrooms can get me another colour, and was told that all the showrooms in Thailand all stock the same colour range. The colour that you wanted, was it in the new range, or an older colour model?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I guess it was 3 months ago that I went in and they were helpful but maybe there is a new model coming out and the colour options reduced meanwhile

• 7 months later...

Seems like the prices have rocketed up on the Scoopy and Fino... Can anyone find a new one under 45K bt anymore?

All seem to quote around the 47K bt mark- I though the 2010 models would be discounted by now.

Beats me why- the baht is very strong now...

I heard they bringing in the 2011 models for both next month- maybe a bad time to buy.

Who give the best deals in CMai- anyone done better than 45K BrAND NEW.

Cheers jay v:jap:

Edited by jayinoz

Yamaha Showroom?

This is where i bought my bike. They are great in there. After service has been really good. Check ups etc. Ive also had two punctures since Feb, garage guys fixed it up fast.. New inner tubes, 120 baht. Always friendly and efficient. No regrets.

Edit: Just noticed this is a bumped thread...

Edited by eek

Yamaha Showroom?

This is where i bought my bike. They are great in there. After service has been really good. Check ups etc. Ive also had two punctures since Feb, garage guys fixed it up fast.. New inner tubes, 120 baht. Always friendly and efficient. No regrets.

Thanks I will check them out- very tempting to go with a 3 year old version at half the price however near Rimping. As I cannot get anyone under 46K bt for a new Fino. The baht is strong and the 2010 models are near the end of year... 3 months and they considered a year old. Paying 46K bt now is the same as paying 60K bt a year ago. It beats me why the prices do not change in Thailand when the baht is so strong, as many parts come from elsewhere. But I guess all asian currencies are matching each other so not much diff. Only us Farang's loss out.

Anyway I will see what is around and decide on new or old. Cheers Jay

Whatever you think of the Honda/Yamaha debate in terms of reliability etc, the Honda Scoopy (or whatever it's called) is a very poor design compared with the the Fino. In terms of cars and most other products I'd generally go for Honda without looking much at the competition but Yamaha really did a brilliant job with the Fino and Honda simply looks like a poor relation rushed out to get in on the retro style boom that Yamaha had created.

I've got an electric green Fino and love it (as much as you can any bike on these streets).

Edited by Greenside

Whatever you think of the Honda/Yamaha debate in terms of reliability etc, the Honda Scoopy (or whatever it's called) is a very poor design compared with the the Fino. In terms of cars and most other products I'd generally go for Honda without looking much at the competition but Yamaha really did a brilliant job with the Fino and Honda simply looks like a poor relation rushed out to get in on the retro style boom that Yamaha had created.

I've got an electric green Fino and love it (as much as you can any bike on these streets).

Yet the Scoopy has outperformed Fino in sales for 2010 by 20-30%, according to Honda. SO they must have done something right... nearly everyone I talk to know prefers the Scoopy. Apparently better milage, takes E5 petrol (Cheaper), most say same same design, now Honda claims dominance this year only to excel over Fino next year... Food for thought for Fino Vs Scoopy buyers.

I still prefer Fino due to it being the original and it 115cc (Faster) than the Scooby. But no doubting that Scooby has over taken Fino on 2010 figures... 2009 Fino tore them apart as they not been around for long. The Honda copy has outperformed- that a BIG marketing plus for Honda- no matter what you think which is better. Scooby now out sells Fino.

Cheers Jay