The Barn

If they were in the UK you could say, 50 cars at £2k each (guesstimate) that's £100k.

I'm sure some of the Porsche's, Alfa's, Mini's, Merc's and Lotus's could be worth any amount. They look pretty solid.

50 x £10k = £500,000.

Where is it? :o

Doesn't look like Thailand (looking at the barn and some of the number plates)

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

If they were in the UK you could say, 50 cars at £2k each (guesstimate) that's £100k.

I'm sure some of the Porsche's, Alfa's, Mini's, Merc's and Lotus's could be worth any amount. They look pretty solid.

50 x £10k = £500,000.

RAZZ

The barn is in Portugal.

There is a kind of urban myth about someone buying the property and 'discovering' this stash of 170 cars.

The truth about the story can be read here http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/barnfind.asp

50 x £10k = £500,000.

RAZZ

The barn is in Portugal.

There is a kind of urban myth about someone buying the property and 'discovering' this stash of 170 cars.

The truth about the story can be read here http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/barnfind.asp

I'm sure you mean well and that 'snopes' may be correct (if annoyingly brief and incomplete), but WHY ruin such a lovely fairy tale with mere facts?!!

My favourite "found in a barn" story is totally true and comes from the UK and the mouth of the (then) young man concerned.

This ultra keen car enthusiast also loved photography and in the 70's won himself a terrific job as full time junior snapperman on a top UK car magazine. He (let's call him Paul) was at the rural home of his parents for a weekend. They told him that the local Old Farmer Giles had passed away and his widow wanted to clear out the barn prior to selling the property. There were "a couple of old tractors and other rubbish in there" and Paul and his father could have the lot free provided they moved them out quickly.

Behind the massive Massey Ferguson, what should they find under piles of real rubbish but - gold dust! A dented but complete soft top Jaguar XK120......!

Windscreen smashed and buckled, tyres flat, paint peeling, panels all awry, it looked a mess but Paul & Dad dragged it out and took it home, delighted. A few days later father phoned son (back snapping in London) and said: "There's something funny about our old Jag. There's not a spot of rust on her anywhere!"

Yes, they had acquired one of the ultra-rare, factory-built, aluminium bodied roadsters!

Fairy tales DO come true now and then. Let's all keep on believing!!