Rain........

bmw

Foggy and still raining in Bristol tonight :D

I found this amazing thread,,,

The toon is wet.

Goodbye :D

Biggest thread ever, and i will not let it die!!!!!!!!! :D There are those out there who dont share me sentiments, but they just dont understand an Englishmans innate need to complain about the weather :o

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tots, you back in blighty?

Daley, you know how you are buying all the beers...

can you send fifty baht to the banco de comercio in panajachel guatemala?

I'll have a beer with your avatar...

Thanks.

This thread is like a blo_dy ping-pong match...isn't it? :D and I have no idea where your'e talking about...that's even more refreshing (wheather) :o

LaoPo

Anyway i am sure it was Jai Dee who said he was going to buy all the beers :o:D

I heard that... :D

Get your butt over here Daleyboy and maybe I'll let you buy me one... :D

Hey Totster... when are you heading back? We haven't shared an ale together yet... :D

Back on topic... it's not raining in Pattaya today.

Back on topic... it's not raining in Pattaya today.

It will. I spent a couple hours this morning doing a big clean-up around the area, so a little downpour to help spread dirt and garbage around the area I just cleaned is probably in the works :o

(of course, I could speed it up by washing my moto !)

Well it has been honking it down in Bristol all of yesterday and last nigt and now a 0840 it is still raining. Well hopefully if it keeps up like this they will remove the already in place hose pipe ban in the Sout East. This taken from the bbc

Hosepipe bans call in South East

Drought-hit region needs water

Water companies in south-east England are being urged to bring in hosepipe bans to avoid the introduction of more extreme water-saving measures.

A report from the Environment Agency made the recommendation, saying the region was in a "serious situation".

The period from October 2004 to January 2006 was the driest in some parts of the South East since 1921.

Rainfall has been low across most of England and Wales, but the south of England has been the driest area.

Graph of rainfall totals 2004-06 against UK average rainfall

The Environment Agency and the Consumer Council for Water have both said they are more concerned about shortages in the South East than anywhere else in the country.

Four out of the nine water firms in the South East already have some form of hosepipe ban.

Sutton and East Surrey Water has restrictions on sprinklers and unattended hosepipes.

Southern Water is enforcing a hosepipe and sprinkler ban across its supply area, except in Hampshire.

South East Water is banning the use of hosepipes in its Sussex and west Kent supply areas.

Mid Kent Water also has a hosepipe ban in place.

The Environment Agency appealed for similar action to be taken, from early April at the latest, by Thames Water, Folkestone and Dover Water, Portsmouth Water, Essex and Suffolk Water and Three Valleys Water, which supplies customers across north Surrey, north London, Hertfordshire and Essex.

Standpipes possibility

Agency chief executive Barbara Young said both water supplies and the environment were at risk.

"There is still time for rain this winter and spring to reduce the risk of drought, but water companies shouldn't just hope for rain - they must act now in case the weather stays dry," she said.

"If they delay introducing hosepipe bans, extreme steps to manage water supplies over the summer may be needed, such as standpipes and rota cuts."

HAVE YOUR SAY

Compulsory water meters would encourage better domestic use of water

Phil J, London

Send us your comments

From October 2005 up to 20 February, south-east England received about 280mm of rainfall, 100mm less than the average for the period.

An Environment Agency spokeswoman said: "We need a lot more to make water resources safe.

"Any rain will help and we're at the right time of the year for rain to have the best possible impact on water resources.

"[but] we're still a long way from the drought being over."

Environment minister Elliot Morley said compulsory water meters were one option for saving water but that there was a stronger case for introducing this in areas of need such as southern England, rather than a national scheme.

Liberal Democrat environment spokesman Norman Baker said compulsory meters would play a vital role in managing resources in the future.

I too love to keep this thread going...

The weatyher over EL Lago Atitlan, is some of the most beeautiful we´ve had for some time.

It is raining, hoever, in me heart.

I was wrong !

It didn't rain in Pattaya yesterday ! It might not rain today either. Just more sunny, hot weather, right up until June or July ! :o

(When are you arriving Daleyboy ?) :D

Edited by Kerryd

I was wrong !

It didn't rain in Pattaya yesterday ! It might not rain today either. Just more sunny, hot weather, right up until June or July ! :D

(When are you arriving Daleyboy ?) :D

End of June :o At least if it is raining over there it will still be 30+ everyday.

It didn't rain in Pattaya yesterday ! It might not rain today either. Just more sunny, hot weather, right up until June or July ! :D

Told you didn't I? :o

Don't forget the "mango rains"... a week or so usually in late April or early May.

End of June :D At least if it is raining over there it will still be 30+ everyday.

Got that right. Used to be real annoying in Canada. Middle of July we'd get a rain shower and the temperature would drop like 20 degrees ! :o

Over here, the rain is often warmer than the water you get in a lot of hotel showers ! :D

Just got out the car, walked to the house....got wet its raining again. North East UK :o

Mostly cloudy, showers around

High 8°C

The sun has broken out here, a light north easterly breeze with the possibility of some more precipitation later on into the evening :D

London 2pm...raining, cold and dull.

That reminds me of a really good song...

" I like London in the Rain" Cafe Del Mar - Kruder and Dofmeister. Cafe Ibiza Best of Baleatic Ambient and Chillout Music.

Just put it on reminds me of Blackheath Common on a wet day. Still pretty beautiful view from there across Greenwich into London city.

I like London in the rain.. hmmmmm :o

Edited by lopburiguy

Quite warm in Bristol toda, bit of sunshine this morning :D

Sunshine here (Holland) too....but also snowing at the same time, now that's odd, isn't it? :o

LaoPo

I daren't reply to this thread... daleyboy might report me ! :D

:D

totster :D

:D :D Dont worry mate a couple of cherry and white tickets, will silence me :o

As for Bristol you will be happy to know we have snow here. check the pic out of my kitchen window at 1000am :D

dsc000469kt.jpg

Edited by daleyboy

I daren't reply to this thread... daleyboy might report me ! :D

:D

:D :D Dont worry mate a couple of cherry and white tickets, will silence me :o

As for Bristol you will be happy to know we have snow here. check the pic out of my kitchen window at 1000am :D

dsc000469kt.jpg

Looks bootiful... really :D

Summer Storm In Issan

1 Herdsmen hatted with faces dark,

Walk their cattle in sunlight stark,

Horizon hovers in heartless heat,

Suncaked soils scorch bare feet.

2 But midday passes, wind starts to rise,

Black clouds loom, a welcome surprise,

Raindrops splatter, soothe the soil,

Relief for farmers in their daily toil.