Uk Pensions To Thailand?

ManofWisdom

Hi there!

Does anyone know if private UK pensions can be transferred in full to Thailand?

Anyone done this or got any contacts of Thai pension companies?

Thanks

Hi

Surely if you have a UK private pension it is paid into your UK bank account and you can draw on it anywhere in the world via an ATM?

TBWG :o

....and if you have a UK state pension let them know that you have actually retired to the Phillippines.......

go over for the weekend and open up an a/c with the Bank of the Coconut Islands....and.... :o

....and if you have a UK state pension let them know that you have actually retired to the Phillippines.......

go over for the weekend and open up an a/c with the Bank of the Coconut Islands....and.... :o

Is the Philippines one of those countries that gets cost of living upgrades?

Yes!

Surely this is all hypothetical or has some people actually done this and got away with it?? HMRC need a residence address don't they??

Mine goes into Nationwide and withdrawals are FREE by ATM, very popular solution for obtaining your TAXED :o private pension and FROZEN :D:D state pension

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

is your UK pension taxed even if you are non-resident? Just wondered I am only 33 so a long way off retiring and have no intentions of returning to UK, just wondered what the situation was.

I get a War Pension from the UK government that luckily does not get taxed in the UK.

Hi there!

Does anyone know if private UK pensions can be transferred in full to Thailand?

Anyone done this or got any contacts of Thai pension companies?

Thanks

Try doing a google on QROPs. You can now, in theory, transfer your UK private pension abroad but there are some rules to be read. Not sure if Thailand is one of the allowable countries. You can certainly transfer private pensions offshore now (also Singapore and Oz is I know possible) but there are some big costs involved apparently. I was told that the private pension needs to be worth a certain amount for it to be worthwhile doing financially - I was quoted GBP 200,000 minimum (mine will be nothing like that), but of course there might be other reasons for transferring out.

is your UK pension taxed even if you are non-resident?

Yes, but you will receive a Personal Tax Allowance too. Provided you have no other sources of UK income your State Pension should be paid without deduction of tax.