Tv Recomendations

markuk

just moving into new apartment, my last one had a LG LCD Tv, so cant bear going back to my old CRT TV (will prob bin it).

So any recommendations, don't want to cheap but also dont want to spend a fortune. Am looking for two, ideally from the same range. A 32" and a 40 or 42", must be full HD and have HDMI ports (as i am a PS3 owner)

So guys any recommendations, i was thinking JVC or Hitachi but maybe something better known like Sony / Sharp / Panasonic etc??

Theres some great deals.. I personally think 'full HD' 1080 panel is overkill on a 40 inch screen unless your sat with your nose to it..

I picked up a phillips 42 LCD with HDMI / PC / etc for 29,990 the other day.. Thats a 1365x768 set but I am far enough away that it wouldnt make much upgrade at that screen size.

About 4 weeks ago bought a Samsung LA40M81 (40 inch with Full HD and 1920x1080 resolution). Paid THB 39.994 for it (show model). Very satisfied.

Some people believe that using your computer (surfing etc)on that full resolution is not possible. I beg to differ ... even at that resolution the text is still sharp and very well readable.

Run it straight from my PC (usually 720/1080 HD rips with 6 channels audio).

Theres some great deals.. I personally think 'full HD' 1080 panel is overkill on a 40 inch screen unless your sat with your nose to it..

I picked up a phillips 42 LCD with HDMI / PC / etc for 29,990 the other day.. Thats a 1365x768 set but I am far enough away that it wouldnt make much upgrade at that screen size.

Do u really reckon that 768 pixels is good enough??? cause the price difference between that and a 1080 is quite substantial.

can u tell the picture quality difference between the two???

A higher resolution is always better .... perhaps you can't see the difference between 768 and 1080 while watching movies, but if you play games or use your monitor for computer applications the 1920 x 1080

always wins ....

I am torn between HD ready and Full HD - any ideas guys?

Most people won't see much of a difference between 720p and 1080p on smaller screens. I would say at least a 46" or bigger to really appreciate 1080p.

I would say if the price difference is only a 3000-5000 baht go for it.

I bought a 46" sony 720p set back in January and have been extremely happy with it.

Most people won't see much of a difference between 720p and 1080p on smaller screens. I would say at least a 46" or bigger to really appreciate 1080p.

I bought a 46" sony 720p set back in January and have been extremely happy with it.

No, the price difference won't be 3,000-5,000 baht .....

the impression is that you would not really see a difference even with HD Blue Ray discs between the 720 and the 1080i on anything smaller than 46inches?

it is surely a big price difference and i think its too much to pay for 1080 at this point of time.