Where To Stay?

djlowz

This question is directed to all the people living in Bangkok who really know the town and it's built environment.

I am interested to know what area people think would be best for me to stay in given my situation. I am moving to Bangkok in September, I will need to get a job but I have a Bachelors Degree and a TEFL certificate so I don't think I will have too much trouble with that. I am pretty keen to stay reasonably close to khao sarn road because I have a friend that lives near there but if I can find a really good area then I am not too fussed with that. What I am really looking for is an area with a decent gym and a basketball court, also some cool night spots (not red light district) and pretty safe would be handy too. I don't think i'll be buying a vehicle so close to public transport would also be pretty good.

Anybody got an ideas?

There are lots of places to rent man, but you better get that job first, see what your salary is going to be like before you commit to something that you can't afford. Most tefl jobs pay 35-40k a month. If you plunk down for an apartment that's 12-15 or higher you could be in a lot of trouble.

There are lots of places to rent man, but you better get that job first, see what your salary is going to be like before you commit to something that you can't afford. Most tefl jobs pay 35-40k a month. If you plunk down for an apartment that's 12-15 or higher you could be in a lot of trouble.

Good point, will certainly take note. I guess I am more interested in knowing what the good areas of Bangkok are, and if anyone knows of any bball courts and good gyms because I would probably then look for jobs around that area. Cheers though mate.

Dj.

Edited by djlowz